Democratic National Convention Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do you expect? They are conservatives. They're not going to say anything nice about the people at this convention.

you missed my point on MSNBC

the damn commentators are speaking over the speeches
putting their spin on it, while they were still giving their speeches

I felt the veil of skepticism lifting early on, maybe thinking and hoping he could transcend the old politics and then he threw out some of the same ol same ol, that every other politican on planet earth tosses out and all but lost me.

Didn't lose me as a voter, didn't lose my belief that this was a great overall speech (which I think it was) but lost me on the idea of change once again.

It's just not going to happen.
BUT if he needs that say that to win, fine by me.

I didn't miss your point. The MSNBC people speak over things at times because they are excited, because most of them support this convention and this candidate. The FOX people don't support this convention or this candidate, and therefore are not excited about it, so of course they're not going to be moved to speak over anything.

Going slightly off topic, I would bet anything that Keith Olbermann won't cover the RNC next week. He'll be forced to say nice things about McCain, and there's no way he can stand being surrounded by thousands of screaming, passionate conservatives when he's never even had one on his show. He won't be able to take it. I predict he heads home to NYC and makes Matthews do it solo.

To try and paint this guy as some scum bag

like some people seem to be doing

is very distasteful

it does not take much effort to investigate his past.

it was classy

but it also served the political bottom line

i don't think McCain is a "scum bag"

but he's run a scum bag campaign

I didn't miss your point. The MSNBC people speak over things at times because they are excited, because most of them support this convention and this candidate. The FOX people don't support this convention or this candidate, and therefore are not excited about it, so of course they're not going to be moved to speak over anything.

They (FOX) actually have been very fair and balanced.

Can't say the same for MSNBC and the weak-minded Oberman.

I've watched these Larry King panels every night this week because I've had nothing better to do the last few days and nowhere to be in the morning. They have been their usual selves the previous 3 days, staying on message, even if you disagree. Tonight they're in disarray. The official campaign spokesman was stammering through his answers and I swear his nostrils were flaring at one point.

I don't believe that they expected Obama to hit back hard and call McCain out. They expected Obambi and got this so they don't know how to respond.

I have a TIVO

and two dvrs

so I have watched CNN, MSNBC and FOX

FOX has been pretty good
with just the convention full screen without idiot talking heads going over.

If you asked me what cable news channel I watch most often, it's MSNBC.

But I have to say, I am turned off by Olbermann like never before.

They actually have been very fair and balanced.

Not 5 minutes after the end of the speech, there was Brit Hume referring to Obama as Barack Hussein Obama. Now somebody is going to come out and say well it's his middle name - please give me a break, like we all don't know why he's doing it.

I truly don't understand that backlash in this forum against Olbermann.

He is an intelligent, articulate man who doesn't make any pretense about his political positions.

The left needed someone to be the anti-O'Reilly and Olbermann is it.

Certainly better than listening to Brit Hume, who has the personality of sandpaper.

If you asked me what cable news channel I watch most often, it's MSNBC.

But I have to say, I am turned off by Olbermann like never before.

I probably watch a lot of MSNBC, too.

It is the shows I watch, not a network.

FOX had a tight shot of Obama's video bio.

MSNBC has a wide shot of the stage, at an angle with the side panels of the Obama flags on screens waving. It was really distracting from the nicely produce video.

So I switched to FOX and backed the TIVO up and got to enjoy it in it's entirety.

Not 5 minutes after the end of the speech, there was Brit Hume referring to Obama as Barack Hussein Obama. Now somebody is going to come out and say well it's his middle name - please give me a break, like we all don't know why he's doing it.

I saw the bird looking douche on Fox and Friends talking about (something?) and he said, quite honestly "blah blah blah you know Barack Obama, err...Barack Hussein Obama"

and it dawned on me, that they don't even fucking care anymore.

I probably watch a lot of MSNBC, too.

It is the shows I watch, not a network.

FOX had a tight shot of Obama's video bio.

MSNBC has a wide shot of the stage, at an angle with the side panels of the Obama flags on screens waving. It was really distracting from the nicely produce video.

So I switched to FOX and backed the TIVO up and got to enjoy it in it's entirety.

Huh? I watched MSNBC all night and the Obama video filled the whole screen. I don't know what you were watching.

I don't know how much credit he should get for it, but I'm glad McCain didn't announce a VP today. Those were some of the rumors I was hearing, at least.

It seemed important that given how directly Obama faced the "celebrity" and "country first" attacks that the only thing left for McCain spokesmen were the vapid "tax and spend" attacks. I'm really interested to see how the Republicans shape their message in Minnesota next week.

Mrs Obama looked beautiful tonight and her little girls darling.

Great speech.

Give that guy a tele prompter-he's off to the races.

Talk to him personally about deep moral issues he hedges, hems and haws- he's very uncomfortable.

<>

country? lol!

great speech! honestly, it will be a tragedy if he does not elected.
:yes:

I don't usually go with my gut instinct. But in my gut and in my heart, I really think we just watched the next President. I would be delighted to be right in 3 months.

:pray:

We just watched an African American man get nominated for President of the United States 45 years to the day after "I Have A Dream", the most important speech in our country's history; the speech that began to change everything; the speech that spurred people to take action to make this night possible. I can honestly say, in this moment, I have never been so proud of my country. Barack Obama is the person who needs to be in the White House right now. If there is criticism of Obama's judgment, experience, charisma, fortitude, and intelligence now, it's nothing but political posturing from people afraid to move on from the status quo. He proved even more that he is ready to be Commander in Chief. This is one of the defining historical moments of my life, and I feel blessed to have experienced it as as it happened.

:applaud:

I'm only up to page 23 of this thread, but had to stop and post.

Back
Top Bottom