Democratic National Convention Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you trying to be funny? :scratch: Why not just avoid commenting on the DNC... since you clearly keep to the right, lol.

2861U2, your antagonistic approach is not constructive, and your intentional misunderstanding of the 'wrong country' sentence is not amusing.

I don't know why the four or five republicans here are here, to be honest. It can't be any fun going 5 on 30 in this place.

:wink:

2861U2, your antagonistic approach is not constructive, and your intentional misunderstanding of the 'wrong country' sentence is not amusing.

I don't know why the four or five republicans here are here, to be honest. It can't be any fun going 5 on 30 in this place.

We need them here, in fact we need more, otherwise it's just one big choir preaching to each other...

Please, take a chill pill.

First off, I'm just having some fun. If you want to talk about non-constructive posts, I could show you some from every single person in this forum, yourself included. Are you saying that during the RNC next week, there will be no asinine posts or any posts mocking the event and the speakers and speeches?

As for the "wrong country" remark, from what the other poster said, it was implied that the country we went to war with after 9/11 was the wrong country. Don't worry, I knew Zootlesque meant Iraq...:rolleyes:

I understand the vast majority of people here are Obama supporters and liberals. What is wrong with me hanging around, offering a rare conservative point of view on things, and challenging some of the truly idiotic things said by some in here that would otherwise go unchallenged?

I understand the vast majority of people here are Obama supporters and liberals. What is wrong with me hanging around, offering a rare conservative point of view on things, and challenging some of the truly idiotic things said by some in here that would otherwise go unchallenged?

There's nothing wrong with it, as long as it is constructive and reasonably intelligent. Continue on.

i look forward to your analysis-free quoting of the UN HDI.

it always adds so much to the conversation. :up:

There are plenty of other factors and statistics to look at as well.

Naturally, you'll ignore anything that does not put the Bush years in a bad light. Analysis free indeed.

He offered Gays, hospital visitation. No risk taker.

and no defense of Roe v Wade.
Just a promise to reduce unwanted pregnancies.

He offered Gays, hospital visitation. No risk taker.

Just a promise to reduce unwanted pregnancies.

while i would have preferred more bravery as well,

do you doubt his commitment to retaining the right to choose and to the growing acknowledgment that gays are people too?

Really you could just go to his website if you have doubts: "he has been a consistent champion of reproductive choice and will make preserving women’s rights under Roe v. Wade a priority as President. He opposes any constitutional amendment to overturn the Supreme Court's decision in that case."

ah, so we're pretending all countries are the same again?

Another dodge. The fundamentals of counter insurgency and nation building are the same in every country. Ironically, Afghanistan is actually a better example of the many criticisms that you leveled against Iraq in terms of ethnic difficulties and national unity. Criticisms I might add used to advocate an early withdrawal of US forces from Iraq.

Another dodge. The fundamentals of counter insurgency and nation building are the same in every country. Ironically, Afghanistan is actually a better example of the many criticisms that you leveled against Iraq in terms of ethnic difficulties and national unity. Criticisms I might add used to advocate an early withdrawal of US forces from Iraq.

and all married men are straight.

while i would have preferred more bravery as well,

do you doubt his commitment to the growing acknowledgment that gays are people too?

I watched McCain on Ellen

and I believe he thinks gays are people too
and would support civil unions just like Obama

it is fucked up
that politics gets in the way of what is basic human rights

I blame religion

Please, take a chill pill.

First off, I'm just having some fun. If you want to talk about non-constructive posts, I could show you some from every single person in this forum, yourself included. Are you saying that during the RNC next week, there will be no asinine posts or any posts mocking the event and the speakers and speeches?

As for the "wrong country" remark, from what the other poster said, it was implied that the country we went to war with after 9/11 was the wrong country. Don't worry, I knew Zootlesque meant Iraq...:rolleyes:

I know you knew he was talking about Iraq, hence my use of the word intentional...

Really you could just go to his website if you have doubts: "he has been a consistent champion of reproductive choice and will make preserving women’s rights under Roe v. Wade a priority as President. He opposes any constitutional amendment to overturn the Supreme Court's decision in that case."

the website stances have changed

FISA
off shore drilling

he has toned down his roe v wade
since the primaries are over

politics

if Obama gets in
the Supreme court judges that want out should resign

as soon as 2010
the Senate could shift to the right

if Obama gets in
the Supreme court judges thar want out should resign

as soon as 2010
the Senate could shift to the right

I think the Dems will end up with maybe 56-57 seats.

There are not enough seats that can flip up in the 2010 election for them to lose 7 or 8, but if you could point to ones, I'd like to hear them. Because of the staggering, it just won't happen I don't believe.

That said, I would like some SCOTUS members to retire ASAP, let's not leave things to chance.

And I would really like nothing more than seeing Hillary on there.

I have a TIVO

and two dvrs

so I have watched CNN, MSNBC and FOX

FOX has been pretty good
with just the convention full screen without idiot talking heads going over.

i keep it to PBS. now, i'm just flipping between the channels.

I have a TIVO

and two dvrs

so I have watched CNN, MSNBC and FOX

FOX has been pretty good
with just the convention full screen without idiot talking heads going over.

What do you expect? They are conservatives. They're not going to say anything nice about the people at this convention.

I think the Dems will end up with maybe 56-57 seats.

There are not enough seats that can flip up in the 2010 election for them to lose 7 or 8, but if you could point to ones, I'd like to hear them. Because of the staggering, it just won't happen I don't believe.

That said, I would like some SCOTUS members to retire ASAP, let's not leave things to chance.

And I would really like nothing more than seeing Hillary on there.

If he did it

It would be in a second term.

I hope the Dems get at least 58-59 Senate seats.

Good chance they will lose some in 2010.

Back
Top Bottom