Democratic National Convention Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well first you'd have to give me odds on him even getting elected. :lol:

right now

I'd say he is at, at least a 60/40 split with the bookies. So is that 3 to 2?

And, of course our bet would only be fair if he wins and gets a nomination in his first term.

If he does and he nominates her, you win.

Even if she pulls out, or is not confirmed.

If he nominates anyone else and not her ever during the first term, I win.

We have to set the limit at your $100 against my $500
(and I would prefer Canadian currency :wink: )

Just got back from Denver. :hyper: I am hesitant to post my experience here because well, it's a gush fest. I know you guys don't like that much around here but for those who are interested...here's my take on this historic evening. As a long time passionate supporter of Senator Obama, long before he threw his hat in the ring, I have followed his career. So to say that I was moved Thursday night is a bit of an understatement. What I witnessed was transcendant and emotional and very very powerful. What does that mean?...Well, in a crowd of 80,000 people it felt like church. Sound familiar U2 fans?
It was electric in there and dare I say the vibe was BETTER than a U2 concert. Here was somebody laying out a blueprint for US to actually take his lead and heed his call for action to make our country a better place. Skof if you like, but the people I sat shoulder to shoulder with in this stadium I did not know, but we shared a common bond and you could feel it. There was a strong sense of Dr.King's spirit in the house on this anniversarry of his Dream speech and like myself the faces in this richly diverse crowd were gleaming with salty tears of joy...and unspeakable realization that the dream was becoming reality right in front of our eyes.
I got chills, I laughed, I danced, I cried, I yelled, but mostly I was grateful to be able to witness this history making moment that I will never EVER forget. God, it was so good to see Democrats smiling again.

And how ironic it was that the weather was absolutely PERFECT?
Right down to the light breeze just right for all the flag waving.
Ironic because as some of you guys know, there were reports in the weeks leading up to this event that the ultra right wing Dr.Dobson of Focus on the Family, had his looney legions pray for a monsoon to hit Invesco Field the night of the speech. Seriously. The man has a screw loose. Ok, more than one. And now look what's brewing the Gulf of Mexico ready to slam in to the Gulf Coast the very day the RNC starts their convention? Isn't it ironic ...indeed. Stay safe everyone.... We do not need another disaster. Help us Lord.
Obamaspeech001.jpg

Sheryl Crow in the house!!

Obamaspeech003.jpg

Signed Sealed Delivered I'm Yours!! Stevie Wonder in the house!

Obamaspeech004.jpg

My zoom wasn't working too well.. I was shaking too much!
Obamaspeech011.jpg

I really hope to see Obama speak in person before the election is over.:hyper:

my guess, sweet pea, is that we'll be back to where we were.

and the only votes that will count

will be in the few swing states.

im quoting you on that.

i predict a 3-4 point advantage for Mac.

7 days from now, im bumping this thread.

<>

Jeannieco, how wonderful! I'm glad you got to experience that magnificent speech in person.

Thanks Diane! :wave:
It will stay with me forever! I just wish everyone could feel this way about their candidate.
I feel in my bones he is the real deal.

Good luck you guys, just remember to vote in November for your chosen candidate whomever that is!:up:

Just got back from Denver. :hyper:

Glad you had an awesome time! I have to admit, I'm a little jealous...;) It sounds like it was an incredible experience. Just watching it on tv was amazing (I'd buy it on dvd if they made it :reject: )..I can't imagine how it was in person.

Awesome!

Glad you had an awesome time! I have to admit, I'm a little jealous...;) It sounds like it was an incredible experience. Just watching it on tv was amazing (I'd buy it on dvd if they made it :reject: )..I can't imagine how it was in person.

Awesome!

I am still in awe! 4 days later and it hasn't fully soaked in yet that I was there...it went by so fast.
Let me tell you, this sounds so cheesy and I never thought this day would come because you know us Dems are forever idealistic, but there was this harmony amoung 84,000 people that made you believe that anything is possible! Really. It was phenominal. Even outside the stadium, people were smiling and dancing while waiting in line.
Like he said in the speech, it is about us, not him and you really could see that manifested. It was such a diverse crowd and we all felt like family with a common purpose. If ever there was a time for the song ONE that was it! I am so glad Bono was there to witness this moment also.
It's so great to have this feeling, like he means what he says and he will do his best to deliver, but we are the catalysts. We have to participate in the healing process of this nation he can't do it alone!
There is hope for sure, I felt it there in Denver and witnessed what it looked like right in front of my eyes! Maybe I am being idealistic, but I don't think so, not this time! I have supported him since before this all started, before anybody knew his name or who he was. People were telling me that I was a dreamer to ever think that this nation would progress this far....well....
Yes we can and Yes we did.
:applaud::wave:

Back
Top Bottom