Darfur Fast for Life - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Old 04-26-2009, 10:52 PM   #1
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 12:05 PM
Darfur Fast for Life

Darfur Fast for Life | We fast in solidarity with the hungry and starving in Darfur and for lasting peace in Sudan

A very dear friend of mine is part of this, her link is on the top right. She actually prayed with Bono on one of her trips to Africa, said he gave an amazing prayer, she's never been the biggest fan of U2's music but really admired the man. They've had some spirited debates as to how to really help this continent but said Bono is actually one of the most informed celebrities she's met in her work with Africa.

BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 12:05 PM
I saw this the other day: LKL WEB EXCLUSIVE: Mia Farrow Hunger Strike - Larry King Live - CNN.com Blogs

Same stuff. It made me angry how people commented and said what Mia is doing won't solve anything. It's already raised the issue again, which is great. It's stupid that more isn't being done. Thanks for sharing this link. It's nice to see it's a bigger movement than just Mia. (The fast, I mean.)

coemgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:50 PM   #3
Forum Moderator
Local Time: 06:05 PM
Our local/campus chapter of Save Darfur participated in the annual national DarfurFast event three times. I'd have to say that in our community, it didn't prove to be effective as an awareness-raising tactic. For fasting to have political impact, you need to have not only enough people participating, but also an accessible target audience whose attention you can reasonably assume might be attracted by the tactic. Of course for some it's also worthwhile as a personal spiritual act in its own right. I wish them luck with this campaign.
yolland [at] interference.com

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline   Reply With Quote