Darfur Fast for Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
Darfur Fast for Life | We fast in solidarity with the hungry and starving in Darfur and for lasting peace in Sudan

A very dear friend of mine is part of this, her link is on the top right. She actually prayed with Bono on one of her trips to Africa, said he gave an amazing prayer, she's never been the biggest fan of U2's music but really admired the man. They've had some spirited debates as to how to really help this continent but said Bono is actually one of the most informed celebrities she's met in her work with Africa.

I saw this the other day: LKL WEB EXCLUSIVE: Mia Farrow Hunger Strike - Larry King Live - CNN.com Blogs

Same stuff. It made me angry how people commented and said what Mia is doing won't solve anything. It's already raised the issue again, which is great. It's stupid that more isn't being done. Thanks for sharing this link. It's nice to see it's a bigger movement than just Mia. (The fast, I mean.)

Our local/campus chapter of Save Darfur participated in the annual national DarfurFast event three times. I'd have to say that in our community, it didn't prove to be effective as an awareness-raising tactic. For fasting to have political impact, you need to have not only enough people participating, but also an accessible target audience whose attention you can reasonably assume might be attracted by the tactic. Of course for some it's also worthwhile as a personal spiritual act in its own right. I wish them luck with this campaign.

Back
Top Bottom