Culture of Violence:Gun Crime Up 89% in a Decade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope you don't think my reply was an excuse to bash America. It was definitely not intended as such.
The causes in the US are growing, slowly but surely, in other parts of the world. The causes need to be identified and rectified. I think it's got little do to with availability of guns themselves (though I support gun control totally) and even less to do with Americans being somehow different to people in other countries. To be honest, I don't think as people you are any different. The young people in the UK who are upping the rates there are more than likely facing the same issues that youth in the US face.

i have totally disagree with you, and state that i fully agree with Iron Horse. since it's not guns, the only logical explanation for the American murder rate is that Americans are MORE EVIL.

if that's America bashing, so be it.

it's time my country face the truth about itself. it's not that we have more guns, it's that we're MORE EVIL.

EVIL!

I'm saying my guns have managed to go 25 yrs without committing a crime. I guess they're defective.

you'll be glad we have all the guns when the zombies come. you people in the UK are fucked!

My neighbor went 65 years before snapping and killing three people including his wife.

But I don't think owning a gun made him snap. Even if he didn't have a gun, he very well could have still killed them.

But I don't think owning a gun made him snap. Even if he didn't have a gun, he very well could have still killed them.

But it sure did make it a lot easier didn't it? It's true that psychologically it's more difficult to kill with a knife rather than a gun(even in crimes of passion it's been a deterent), it's also easier to run from one... Which one would you rather take your chances with?

If you don't mind me asking, what caused him to snap?

Story is it was a fight about money, he killed his wife and two other family members that were living with them, and this is in an affluent suburban neighborhood(the newer section where the money was:wink:, I grew up a block away which was more middle class)

This was in the 80's. He bought the gun that day, even in TX they were using the story to support waiting periods.

Story is it was a fight about money, he killed his wife and two other family members that were living with them, and this is in an affluent suburban neighborhood(the newer section where the money was:wink:, I grew up a block away which was more middle class)

This was in the 80's. He bought the gun that day, even in TX they were using the story to support waiting periods.

he was evil.

i'm sure he would have found a way to kill his wife and the two other family members with a hammer or a rock or a stick or a golf club.

personally? i believe in gun control, but i know ultimately if someone wants to murder someone, they'll do it even if they can't get a gun. recently, i saw extensive coverage involving a person who killed someone else with scissors and a knife. (though like i said i strongly believe in gun control.)

personally? i believe in gun control, but i know ultimately if someone wants to murder someone, they'll do it even if they can't get a gun. recently, i saw extensive coverage involving a person who killed someone else with scissors and a knife. (though like i said i strongly believe in gun control.)

Ah, lucidity. :applaud:

But this isn't necessarily true. In general, yes, but like I said before pyschologically it's easier with a gun, BUT the odds of escaping are harder...

it takes a lot to kill someone with a pair of scissors.

it's quick and easy to kill someone with a gun, particularly if you're 12 and mugging someone.

why -- someone, please, tell me why -- is our murder rate in the US so much higher than in Canada, Australia, the UK, etc.

could it maybe be because we have so many more guns on our streets and that facilitates murder?

Back
Top Bottom