Couple Welcomes 17th Child, Wants More - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2007, 03:37 PM   #121
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:02 AM
Someone has a hard time actually reading people's posts. Your leaps in "logic" or assumptions are absurd.

Martha even goes out of her way to say "And I may be completely wrong for suspecting something's wrong, but sometimes".

And then you answer with: "So you're assuming all women..."

Old 08-08-2007, 04:05 PM   #122
She's the One

Local Time: 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Butterscotch

So you're assuming all women who don't believe exactly as you do are being controlled by their husbands? That they must all think like you but they can't say it? Oh come on!

More conclusion-jumping. Don't your legs get tired? Go back and reread my post you quoted. Then quote where I said "all."

Old 08-08-2007, 05:16 PM   #123
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by snowbunny00774

Can we list who is arguing which issue:

Mostly b and c, plus I think it's selfish in an overpopulated world to bring 17 first world children into it and I object to them whoring themselves out to the media as if they're some sort of beacon of parenthood.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:22 AM   #124
Blue Crack Addict

Hey Brad and Angie are getting in the competition too....supposedly they want to have twins again and adopt again

ROGERS, Ark. – An Arkansas woman has given birth to her 18th child. Michelle Duggar delivered the baby girl by Caesarean section Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Rogers. The baby, named Jordyn-Grace Makiya Duggar, weighed 7 pounds, 3 ounces and was 20 inches long.

"The ultimate Christmas gift from God," said Jim Bob Duggar, the father of the 18 children. "She's just absolutely beautiful, like her mom and her sisters."

The Duggars now have 10 sons and eight daughters.

Jim Bob Duggar said Michelle started having contractions Wednesday night. She needed the C-section, her third, because the baby was lying sideways. Jim Bob said both baby and mother were doing well Thursday night.

"We both would love to have more," he said.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:43 AM   #125
Blue Crack Addict

Three c-sections - your body is trying to tell you something!
Old 12-19-2008, 11:57 AM   #126
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:02 PM
that thing will just hysterectomy itself soon out of fear.....
Old 12-19-2008, 12:23 PM   #127
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:02 AM
The c-sections might be to keep it from ejecting
Old 12-19-2008, 12:53 PM   #128
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 08:02 AM
Her pelvic floor must be the consistency of pudding by now
Old 12-19-2008, 03:41 PM   #129
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post

"We both would love to have more," he said.
Why? Because kids are things to collect?

I know they say all of their children are blessings from God, but I wonder if they really see their kids are collection items rather than humans who need love and attention.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:59 PM   #130
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Local Time: 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAW View Post
Her pelvic floor must be the consistency of pudding by now
diapers for her and the babies
Old 12-19-2008, 05:41 PM   #131
Blue Crack Addict

What bothers me about this family (well, besides the weird fundie religious angle) is that it seems the kids are basically raising the kids and running the home. To me there's a difference being a kid with some chores and responsibilities and maybe looking out for your baby bro because after all he's your baby bro, and being a kid whose basically a household slave. I feel like I spend more one-on-one time with my dogs than they spend with their kids.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:51 PM   #132
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:02 AM
You know, we had 4 kids in my family, with the possibility for more, but after two miscarriages in a row, my mom stopped trying.

I used to know a family that sort of did the quiverfull thing. Last time I saw them, which was several years ago, they already had about 7 kids, and probably a couple more by now. They were religious, but a fair bit more mainstream than the Duggars. The kids wore regular clothes and went to public school, and the older ones weren't forced to take care of the younger ones.

I think having lots of kids is fine (though anything more than 8 is really excessive) is fine, providing you can take care of them, and don't raise them like little robots.

It was mentioned earlier that if the mother had breastfed her kids for a natural, proper length (and believe me, I am all for breastfeeding. I myself was breastfed until 18 months), she would've been pregnant far less often. Breastfeeding is a natural form of birth control, because the body knows that if you're still nursing one baby, you don't need to be having more yet.

The fact is, they're not just letting nature take its course, by deliberately weaning the babies early, they're actively trying to have as many children as possible. This is what I find wrong. I personally believe in birth control and small families, but if someone chooses to forgo it and let what happens happen... that's fine. But I draw the line at deliberately making as many babies as possible and going so far as to alter natural behaviour in order to have more.

The reasons behind this are clear. First, they love the attention. They get money for it. People give them things and they get paid for TV specials. Second, Quiverfull. I've been involved with Evangelicals and the idea that good Christian families should have as many children as possible, in order to "further the Kingdom" and populate the country with good Christian conservatives is very real. I've heard it with my own ears. Hell, there's a billboard for a church in my city showing a couple with a baby and reading "Growing God's Kingdom, one family at a time."

This is not even to mention my disagreements with the way the children are being raised.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:04 PM   #133
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
What bothers me about this family (well, besides the weird fundie religious angle) is that it seems the kids are basically raising the kids and running the home. To me there's a difference being a kid with some chores and responsibilities and maybe looking out for your baby bro because after all he's your baby bro, and being a kid whose basically a household slave. I feel like I spend more one-on-one time with my dogs than they spend with their kids.
That's what I was thinking when I watched their show Sure, you can make it work, but why? Sure you can have as many kids as you want.. but what for?
Old 12-19-2008, 06:17 PM   #134
Blue Crack Addict

Or if you need a gazillion kids, then at least get some that actually need a home! To me that seems the Christian thing to do. I knew a girl who was one of 14, but 11 of her sibs were adopted from orphanages around the world. Their dad made a ton of money and they had an amazing house like a castle, definitely not the type of people that foster/adopt just for money from the government. Seriously I struggle with why I would even deserve to have ONE baby of my own making when there are already so many...
Old 12-19-2008, 08:59 PM   #135
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
Or if you need a gazillion kids, then at least get some that actually need a home!
Absolutely