Cougars vs sugar daddies - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2010, 01:25 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:38 AM
Women don't need a man to get through menopause and to still think they're feminine and beautiful and viable. I don't think being a so called "cougar" has anything to do with menopause either and I think that's an outdated view, sorry. The only true way to feel feminine and beautiful is through how you view yourself, and ultimately no relationship with a man is going to fix that in the way that it really needs to be fixed.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:06 PM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan1977 View Post
Interestingly, it gives male sexual irresponsibility a pass, and subtly tells women that the only way to get a man is to not only indulge his irresponsibility, but engage in it yourself.

nathan, do you believe that all sex outside of wedlock is by definition irresponsible?

Old 05-18-2010, 08:32 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
nathan, do you believe that all sex outside of wedlock is by definition irresponsible?
Depends on how you define irresponsibility.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:39 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Women don't need a man to get through menopause
? That wasn't at all my point. I was merely following up on Irvine's point that when childbirth is tied to sexuality, and childbirth no longer becomes an issue, a redefinition of sexuality may come into play. It's commonly held that women hit their sexual peak in their 40s, which may perhaps be a by-product of the passing of the traditional years for childbirthing. Sex in your 40s, when you no longer have to worry (as much) about pregnancy, is very different from sex in the (very fertile for most) 20s. Sounds like cougars are discovering that.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:40 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:38 AM
Does the winner of Cougars vs Sugar Daddies move on to face the Trophy Wives vs Balding-Midlife-Crisis Guys victor?
Old 05-18-2010, 10:04 PM   #21
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

you've clearly got your own definition. share it with us.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:09 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
There is an inherent misogyny which says that the "way a man has sex" (traditionally, on the sly, with no string attached, etc) is the way to go. Interestingly, it gives male sexual irresponsibility a pass, and subtly tells women that the only way to get a man is to not only indulge his irresponsibility, but engage in it yourself.
What's irresponsible about it?

Why can't I, as a single woman at the age of 30 responsibly go and have fantastic sex with a single male and feel no guilt and no regret? Sex can be this great emotional connector but frankly it really doesn't have to be. We all have physical needs as well.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:00 PM   #23
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
What's irresponsible about it?

Why can't I, as a single woman at the age of 30 responsibly go and have fantastic sex with a single male and feel no guilt and no regret? Sex can be this great emotional connector but frankly it really doesn't have to be. We all have physical needs as well.

always remember what your lady parts were intelligently designed for.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:12 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
you've clearly got your own definition. share it with us.
Oh, I don't think anyone's terribly interested in that.

I will say that, while I agree that there is a double standard for men and women when it comes to sexual expressiveness, we've had -- what -- perhaps close to forty years of women "having sex like men" -- indulging only one side of the double standard. I'm curious to see what would happen if men tried the shoe on the other foot for a while.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:33 AM   #25
Refugee

Quote:
this is actually a very fascinating topic, detaching sexuality from reproduction and even, in a manner of speaking, gender.

Quote:
There is an inherent misogyny which says that the "way a man has sex" (traditionally, on the sly, with no string attached, etc) is the way to go. Interestingly, it gives male sexual irresponsibility a pass, and subtly tells women that the only way to get a man is to not only indulge his irresponsibility, but engage in it yourself.
Is no strings attached sex always irresponsible though? In the traditional sense it assumes women want more than sex and the men are taking advantage or manipulating in some way.

Quote:
I think this cuts to the core of the issue when you separate sex from reproduction. To me, irresponsibility comes into play when either sexual partner is not honest in their intentions or expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
People don't want to believe that women - and not just a freakish, unnatural small minority - are capable of separating the pleasure of sex for sex sake and the quest for love...ultimately to bear children etc etc.

The view that relationships of older women and younger men (whether casual or serious) are unnatural because it won't lead to children is interesting especially since, as nathan said, "It's commonly held that women hit their sexual peak in their 40s, which may perhaps be a by-product of the passing of the traditional years for childbirthing."

Wouldn't this actually be the most natural time to explore sexuality (not femininity) in new ways?

Wouldn't the pairing of a sexually emancipated (ha!) older woman and a younger man who 1) wants to escape the pressure to settle down and reproduce and/or 2) doesn't want children, make more sense than to be dismissed as a Freudian anomaly?
Old 05-19-2010, 04:01 AM   #26
Refugee

Quote:
I'm curious to see what would happen if men tried the shoe on the other foot for a while.
Me too.

What do you think might prompt that to happen?
Old 05-19-2010, 09:09 AM   #27
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Oh, I don't think anyone's terribly interested in that.

i am interested. please tell me.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:15 AM   #28
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliEnvy View Post
Wouldn't the pairing of a sexually emancipated (ha!) older woman and a younger man who 1) wants to escape the pressure to settle down and reproduce and/or 2) doesn't want children, make more sense than to be dismissed as a Freudian anomaly?

though you can find examples of older female/younger male pairings through history, one of the reasons why this is so recent a phenomenon is because, until recently, it was hard to retain your conventional sexual attractiveness post-childbirth years. now, we have countless examples of women (and men ... but this was less of a problem with men) who maintain their sex appeal well into their 40s and 50s, remaining as attractive, if not more, than a female in her 20s. nutrition, exercise, moisturizer, botox, etc. and what an older women can offer in sexual experience, confidence, and financial independence combined with raw sex appeal -- as even what "attractive" is has been expanded from what it was 30 years ago -- is enough to make many younger men actively pursue what we might call a "cougar."
Old 05-19-2010, 12:46 PM   #29
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Women don't need a man to get through menopause and to still think they're feminine and beautiful and viable. I don't think being a so called "cougar" has anything to do with menopause either and I think that's an outdated view, sorry. The only true way to feel feminine and beautiful is through how you view yourself, and ultimately no relationship with a man is going to fix that in the way that it really needs to be fixed.
Excellent point! Thank you.....

I am a woman who is going through Menopause and I feel sexy, beautiful and very comfortable in my own skin. Aging is nothing to be afraid of.....embrace it!
Old 05-19-2010, 02:06 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
It's commonly held that women hit their sexual peak in their 40s, which may perhaps be a by-product of the passing of the traditional years for childbirthing. Sex in your 40s, when you no longer have to worry (as much) about pregnancy, is very different from sex in the (very fertile for most) 20s. Sounds like cougars are discovering that.

Maybe women at that age are just truly wiser and more comfortable with themselves and they know what they want and don't want. Why does pregnancy have to be the central focus? What about women who don't even want to have kids? And what's so unusual about a woman just being interested in a younger man for other, unrelated reasons? Women are not just our biology and our hormones. Men aren't just that, are they?

Obviously if a woman does not believe in being involved with a married man, the pool at an older age is far more limited. So now that the taboo isn't there as much as it used to be, why shouldn't women have the relationships they want just like men have for a long time now?