Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2010, 07:29 PM   #241
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
that's all very interesting

you could just knock back a few beers
and then pull your sweater up over your head.
Older guy flirt

Old 06-16-2010, 11:13 PM   #242
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:38 AM
sugar daddy

Old 06-17-2010, 12:47 AM   #243
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:38 AM
Old 06-17-2010, 05:35 AM   #244
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 04:38 PM
I cant flirt.

I never did flirt, I would always feel 'silly' doing it, if at all!

I think its cause Im tomboyish.

LOL!
Old 06-17-2010, 03:50 PM   #245
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 09:38 AM
I don't think that means you can't flirt. Everyone flirts, it just varies from person to person how it's done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
sugar daddy
And we come full circle .

Yeah, not one to chug back a bunch of beers and expose myself to people, so you're out of luck there . I'm not THAT unsubtle.

Angela
Old 06-18-2010, 04:00 AM   #246
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 04:38 PM
yeah perhaps.

but I guess when I detect 'set-up flirting', that happened with that guy I met, Im like 'oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!'

Id rather men be natural and normal, not try too hard.

cause when its obvious......you feel you have just met a constant bullshitter.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:09 AM   #247
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Local Time: 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad1 View Post
I cant flirt.

I never did flirt, I would always feel 'silly' doing it, if at all!

I think its cause Im tomboyish.

LOL!
I don't realise I'm flirting but apparently I do it all the time.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:16 AM   #248
Refugee

Local Time: 10:38 AM
For what it is worth to the discussion, I will say that I get more attention(and by far) from older women than women my own age. If I am at the beach or at the gym or working my concert security gig, I am much more often approached and or flirted with by women 35 and over. For example, I was minding my own business reading my book at the beach today when a perfect stranger, some woman about 40, started jokingly asking if the flower bag near me was mine and if I thought it suited my style or something like that. I kind of tuned her out.

It really kind of pisses me off. Maybe only because I never truly appreciated until now how right my sociology professor was sophomore year of college. He showed us a bunch of statistics on how the eligible dating pool goes way, way down when one graduates college. In college, people have already been filtered and are compatible according to age, general income level(it costs $), general goals in life, general interests(the kind of college/campus) and particular interests(academic majors, school activities, etc). When looked at like this, its no small wonder why girls that I think are absolutely gorgeous and stunning and worth my time now, like say, the heroin addict that works at the gym I go to, would not even get a second look 13 short months ago when I was still in college.

I feel like whether you are a guy or a girl, you really take for granted just how many intelligent, attractive and genuinely good hearted members of the opposite sex are in your presence every single day when you are in college.

And this is from someone who took no advantage of that situation whatsoever, unless you want to count lust and desire that I was too nervous to act upon. I had so many girls who really liked me, and I knew it and returned the attraction and I never took the proverbial bat off my shoulder and swung it.

Not trying to be arrogant or narcissistic, but I am reasonably sure if I asked some of these girls, they would have been happy to date me. I am not a douchebag who spent my entire college career getting girls drunk and getting laid w/o caring at all about the girl in question like many guys I know. I have always treated people well, taken my school work seriously but also known how to relax and enjoy life and I am not an unattractive person at all. I don't think I can find a non narcissistic way to put this, sorry, but its full disclosure. I have been told by many people, even random strangers on the street, that I bear a strong resemblance in features and physique to Matt Damon.(If you are looking to make something close to me from 2 celebrities, its Damon with a bit of JT era Larry mixed in).

And the lack of success is my fault 100%, I am not frustrated with women at all. I realize the guy should still ask, and that girls are hit on much worse and in much creepier ways than guys.

I'll have friendly conversations with anyone(I am, in person, nothing at all like some of the more abrasive posts I am working on eliminating from here on the blue crack) but it kind of takes me aback when women far out of my age group just come right into flirting with me. And this from someone who is much, much better at talking to adults than people my own age. One of the people I talked to the most in college, for example, was my 55 yr old female library supervisor.

I don't know, the whole older women finding me more attractive than women my own age has always kind of gotten to me at some level, I guess its just amplified now when the only attractive girl my age I talk to on a regular basis is a junkie at the gym with a boyfriend(I hope she gets some help, though, a very nice and articulate person otherwise).

I don't know where I come down on the "cougar vs sugar daddy" debate, but all I know is that if 18-25 year old women started treating me like 35+ women, I'd be in absolute euphoria!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:35 AM   #249
Refugee

Local Time: 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2387 View Post
I don't know, the whole older women finding me more attractive than women my own age has always kind of gotten to me at some level, I guess its just amplified now when the only attractive girl my age I talk to on a regular basis is a junkie at the gym with a boyfriend(I hope she gets some help, though, a very nice and articulate person otherwise).

I don't know where I come down on the "cougar vs sugar daddy" debate, but all I know is that if 18-25 year old women started treating me like 35+ women, I'd be in absolute euphoria!
It's not that older women find you more attractive than younger ones, it's that the younger ones are as intimidated by you as you are of them. Especially if they consider you attractive and the vibe you project (unintentionally of course) is that you're not approachable.

Older women are generally not intimidated. Rather than tune them out, consider it no-risk friendly flirting practice to build up confidence?

That way you can branch out beyond the "safe" conversations with the undatable, no-risk-of-rejection junkie. Or at least you'll be more likle to project an open vibe that's inviting to the younger, attractive, assertive women.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:44 AM   #250
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
I don't realise I'm flirting but apparently I do it all the time.
It's a fine line between friendly and flirting.

Watching my daughters who are now kindergardeners, I'm fairly convinced that flirting is innate. It starts with daddy from the time they are babies and is fascinating to watch.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:20 AM   #251
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliEnvy View Post
It's a fine line between friendly and flirting.

Watching my daughters who are now kindergardeners, I'm fairly convinced that flirting is innate. It starts with daddy from the time they are babies and is fascinating to watch.
I'll vouch for that. My son is a huge flirt and he isn't even two!
Old 06-23-2010, 12:42 PM   #252
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
I'll vouch for that. My son is a huge flirt and he isn't even two!
My two little girl is shameless. Especially if you're a man with an iPhone in your hands.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #253
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Anybody else notice the type of banner ads that appear when you enter this thread? More than a little ironic!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:24 PM   #254
Blue Crack Addict

that ?
Old 06-23-2010, 09:26 PM   #255
Blue Crack Distributor

I don't need to marry a millionaire. I'm going to BE one.

If that damn lottery would just cooperate.