Cougars vs sugar daddies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah perhaps.

but I guess when I detect 'set-up flirting', that happened with that guy I met, Im like 'oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!'

Id rather men be natural and normal, not try too hard.

cause when its obvious......you feel you have just met a constant bullshitter.

For what it is worth to the discussion, I will say that I get more attention(and by far) from older women than women my own age. If I am at the beach or at the gym or working my concert security gig, I am much more often approached and or flirted with by women 35 and over. For example, I was minding my own business reading my book at the beach today when a perfect stranger, some woman about 40, started jokingly asking if the flower bag near me was mine and if I thought it suited my style or something like that. I kind of tuned her out.

It really kind of pisses me off.:angry: Maybe only because I never truly appreciated until now how right my sociology professor was sophomore year of college. He showed us a bunch of statistics on how the eligible dating pool goes way, way down when one graduates college. In college, people have already been filtered and are compatible according to age, general income level(it costs $), general goals in life, general interests(the kind of college/campus) and particular interests(academic majors, school activities, etc). When looked at like this, its no small wonder why girls that I think are absolutely gorgeous and stunning and worth my time now, like say, the heroin addict that works at the gym I go to, would not even get a second look 13 short months ago when I was still in college.

I feel like whether you are a guy or a girl, you really take for granted just how many intelligent, attractive and genuinely good hearted members of the opposite sex are in your presence every single day when you are in college.

And this is from someone who took no advantage of that situation whatsoever, unless you want to count lust and desire that I was too nervous to act upon. I had so many girls who really liked me, and I knew it and returned the attraction and I never took the proverbial bat off my shoulder and swung it.:doh:

Not trying to be arrogant or narcissistic, but I am reasonably sure if I asked some of these girls, they would have been happy to date me. I am not a douchebag who spent my entire college career getting girls drunk and getting laid w/o caring at all about the girl in question like many guys I know. I have always treated people well, taken my school work seriously but also known how to relax and enjoy life and I am not an unattractive person at all. I don't think I can find a non narcissistic way to put this, sorry, but its full disclosure. I have been told by many people, even random strangers on the street, that I bear a strong resemblance in features and physique to Matt Damon.(If you are looking to make something close to me from 2 celebrities, its Damon with a bit of JT era Larry mixed in).

And the lack of success is my fault 100%, I am not frustrated with women at all. I realize the guy should still ask, and that girls are hit on much worse and in much creepier ways than guys.

I'll have friendly conversations with anyone(I am, in person, nothing at all like some of the more abrasive posts I am working on eliminating from here on the blue crack) but it kind of takes me aback when women far out of my age group just come right into flirting with me. And this from someone who is much, much better at talking to adults than people my own age. One of the people I talked to the most in college, for example, was my 55 yr old female library supervisor.

I don't know, the whole older women finding me more attractive than women my own age has always kind of gotten to me at some level, I guess its just amplified now when the only attractive girl my age I talk to on a regular basis is a junkie at the gym with a boyfriend(I hope she gets some help, though, a very nice and articulate person otherwise).

I don't know where I come down on the "cougar vs sugar daddy" debate, but all I know is that if 18-25 year old women started treating me like 35+ women, I'd be in absolute euphoria!

I don't know, the whole older women finding me more attractive than women my own age has always kind of gotten to me at some level, I guess its just amplified now when the only attractive girl my age I talk to on a regular basis is a junkie at the gym with a boyfriend(I hope she gets some help, though, a very nice and articulate person otherwise).

I don't know where I come down on the "cougar vs sugar daddy" debate, but all I know is that if 18-25 year old women started treating me like 35+ women, I'd be in absolute euphoria!

It's not that older women find you more attractive than younger ones, it's that the younger ones are as intimidated by you as you are of them. Especially if they consider you attractive and the vibe you project (unintentionally of course) is that you're not approachable.

Older women are generally not intimidated. Rather than tune them out, consider it no-risk friendly flirting practice to build up confidence?

That way you can branch out beyond the "safe" conversations with the undatable, no-risk-of-rejection junkie. Or at least you'll be more likle to project an open vibe that's inviting to the younger, attractive, assertive women.

I don't realise I'm flirting but apparently I do it all the time. :shrug:

It's a fine line between friendly and flirting.

Watching my daughters who are now kindergardeners, I'm fairly convinced that flirting is innate. It starts with daddy from the time they are babies and is fascinating to watch.

It's a fine line between friendly and flirting.

Watching my daughters who are now kindergardeners, I'm fairly convinced that flirting is innate. It starts with daddy from the time they are babies and is fascinating to watch.

I'll vouch for that. My son is a huge flirt and he isn't even two!

:lol:

Anybody else notice the type of banner ads that appear when you enter this thread? More than a little ironic!

imgad

that ?

I don't need to marry a millionaire. I'm going to BE one.

If that damn lottery would just cooperate.

Sean should come to the Seattle show next year.

Everyone should come to the Seattle show next year, because Seattle is awesome and I want to meet all y'all.

I love everybody.

put your sweater down.

Bare breasts vs. neighbour's ATV - Canada - Canoe.ca

TORONTO - Marika De Florio is using bare breasts to win a feud with her neighbours.

The 56-year-old says she is sick and tired of her neighbours' five-year-old grandson driving a loud all-terrain vehicle for hours on her quiet street in Seeley's Bay, near Kingston. So she found a solution under her shirt.

De Florio has discovered that if she goes out topless, the boy's horrified grandparents rush the child into the house. :lmao:

And she said she will continue to go topless every time the child rides the ATV.

"It is maddening," she said of the noise.

"I'm going mental. I can't breathe and I'm not moving, but I need some peace. I can't believe I did this, but they pulled the kid inside and then called police because of their small-town mentality."

De Florio says the problems with her neighbours, Mike and Nancy Berry, started two years ago when she moved to the area.

Leeds OPP, which covers Seeley's Bay, have received complaint calls from both De Florio and the Berrys.

She is not breaking the law, because in Canada women are allowed to be topless.

"There is not a criminal charge for that ... not since 1996," said Toronto Police Const. Isabelle Cotton.

De Florio says she decided to go topless to solve the problem because police wouldn't do anything about the ATV noise. She said it's the bravest thing she has ever done.

"I'll do what I have to to eradicate this problem," she said.

Mike Berry says he is also at the end of his rope.

"I'm not happy with what has been going on," he said. "We need a little give and take. It isn't right to go around topless in front of kids."

Bare-breasted protesting has gained notoriety and popularity over the past decade.

Former University of Guelph student Gwen Jacobs caused an uproar when she strolled topless down the street on a hot summer day in July 1991.

She fought all the way to the Ontario Court of Appeal and won the right for women in the province to go shirtless in public, so long as they are not seeking commercial gain or displaying overt sexuality.

Protest groups, such as People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, have grabbed media attention around the world by protesting activities ranging from bullfighting to wearing fur with staged PR stunts using topless women.

And women across North America have engaged in a number of topless protests over the right to breastfeed in public.

It's not that older women find you more attractive than younger ones, it's that the younger ones are as intimidated by you as you are of them. Especially if they consider you attractive and the vibe you project (unintentionally of course) is that you're not approachable.

Older women are generally not intimidated. Rather than tune them out, consider it no-risk friendly flirting practice to build up confidence?

That way you can branch out beyond the "safe" conversations with the undatable, no-risk-of-rejection junkie. Or at least you'll be more likle to project an open vibe that's inviting to the younger, attractive, assertive women.

Thank you for the advice, AliEnvy and it all makes sense.

Its strange, some attractive women my age, I can talk to with no problem, but it probably has much more to do with their personalities putting me at ease than any confidence I have.

I am reasonably confident in most areas, but when it comes to women, I just don't have the slightest clue. Thats why it is difficult to accept for me(even though its probably true) that they are somehow intimidated by me. Me? The kid the girls walk right by to get all over a beer bellied douchebag at a party?

Anyways, thanks, and sorry to derail the thread.

Cougars and sugar daddies, continue........

I just had to post this because I love "Canadian Cougar Convention". Who knew they had conventions?

Vancouver Sun June 28

In nature, cougars aren't prone to eating crow.

For organizers of the inaugural Canadian Cougar Convention, it may be a different story.

Claiming there's life in the label yet -- "cougar" is slang for an older woman who dates younger men -- event coordinators predict a big turnout for the July 9 festivities, which will include the crowning of Miss Cougar Canada. But a backlash is brewing, with marketing overload seeing one-time champions of the term starting to distance themselves from what they say it's become: A meaningless catch-all for any female who owns wrinkle cream.

Even Valerie Gibson, the Canadian author who pioneered the cougar craze in 2001, says she's stopped using the sobriquet to self-identify -- though in support of May-December lifestyles, she's agreed to be a keynote speaker at the Toronto convention.

"What's important in this, to me, is the sociological phenomenon of it: Women taking control of their sexual lives," says Gibson, who continues to date much younger men. "But I no longer stand up and say, 'I'm a cougar, I'm a cougar.' The word has drifted into incredibly different areas since I started it."

Though intended by Gibson as a term of "empowerment for the 40-plus" single female, cougar has been erroneously used to describe everyone from Claire Danes, 31, to Michelle Pfeiffer, who's been married to the same man since 1993. Add in sleazy dating sites, reality TV shows, exploitative advertisements, radio contests and all manner of other cougar-centric marketing efforts and it's easy to see why some believe the trope has reached its tipping point.

" 'Cougar' has long passed the point of having any real cachet and is now being milked for all its worth by people with products to sell," says lexicographer Grant Barrett, editor of The Official Dictionary of Unofficial English. "It's been absolutely pummelled with overuse."

Barrett, who tracks the life cycles of slang, says cougar will never fully disappear from the vernacular, continuing to be used by "people who have only the flimsiest grasp of the zeitgeist." But like bling-bling and metro-sexual before it, he says the word has definitely lost its juice.

Producers of ABC's Cougar Town, for example, are weighing a name change for the hit Courteney Cox comedy. Google has stopped running cougar advertisements on its content network. And Carnival, host of the "world's first cougar cruise" in 2009, has chosen not to accept any future group bookings under that theme.

But Jennifer Pozner, executive director of Women In Media & News, fears the word will enjoy a robust second life in the headlines, "especially as it has been widened to apply to nearly any woman who dates a man a few years younger."

"Such sexist tropes, regardless of their inaccuracy, tend to live out long media lives," says Pozner, author of the forthcoming book Reality Bites Back: The Troubling Truth About Guilty Pleasure TV.

"We're still dealing with the cultural baggage of that completely inaccurate, infamous Newsweek cover story from the '80s that claimed that single women over 40 were more likely to get killed by a terrorist than they were to get married."

Rich Gosse, executive producer of cougarevents. com, sees things differently.

" 'Cougar' has legitimized something that's been going on for thousands of years," says Gosse, whose company is behind the Canadian convention. "Frankly, we'd love it if the word became boring and people started saying, 'This is so commonplace, why even talk about it?' But it hasn't gotten to that point yet."

Has anyone ever seen the show Strange Sex on TLC? They had this 73 year old woman who dates only younger men-she was divorced at 48 and was doing that long before it became more accepted. On the episode she arranged a date with this 33 year old guy through her web site and she has no trouble getting dates. I thought she said how old she was but he said she was "a bit" older than he expected when they met. She's very openly sexual and likes hot young guys.

He used to be married to someone his age and they had two kids-but other than that he likes older women and he was going to see her again. If you want to catch it On Demand it's the first episode.

They also had one about balloon fetishes-that was, um, interesting.

Back
Top Bottom