Come get your flu vaccine, made from diseased monkey flesh!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, my great Aunt just told me that Obama wasn't going to let the old people get this shot. She says he is flying stealth bombers above the atmosphere dropping swine flu viruses into the air, hoping it will kill all the old people because they can't get the shot.:crack:

:shifty:

pigs_flying.jpg

Well, my great Aunt just told me that Obama wasn't going to let the old people get this shot. She says he is flying stealth bombers above the atmosphere dropping swine flu viruses into the air, hoping it will kill all the old people because they can't get the shot.:crack:

I should call my older relatives and give them the heads up.

Apparently, these fears are running rampant among th elderly already. She said her brother told her that story and he lives far away. A lot of old people believe this crap. There is only one old person I know who thinks it's stupid. Lots of them are falling for it.

Can't help my virology love

:lol:!

I've read a few such articles from the Mail on this topic. But, I've only seen such articles from the Mail, no one else, and I find it hard to believe they are the only news outlet that would run with such a story.
Also, the sample size is a wee bit small.

one of them was pretty bad = dead.

i guess permanent scars that were unnecessary are no big deal. and unnecessary medications turning family members into nutcases and ruining family relationships.... nah, no problem.

BUT, the overpriced insurance paid for all that, so what the hell :shrug:

Just curious, what sort of permanent scar are you referring to? Due to a vaccine?
With polio, my understanding is the scar is a result of two things 1) as a quick and easy way to ID those who had been vaccinated, essential in their quest to eliminate the disease. In developing nations, paperwork just wasnt going to cut it. I was also told that in order to make the vaccine more effective, the skin had to be broken. I would have to do some research to get exact reasons why.

In any case, I'm sorry to hear of your bad experiences.

I'm in the middle of my Hep B jabs, jab 2 of 3, makes me a feel a bit sick for a day or 2, then the second one gave me a burning sensation in my arm. Nothing major, just odd that I got it the second time not the first. :scratch:

Ive often wondered abotu going-away-jabs, are you expected to have those all at once or over the course of a year?

Those reactions would just be your immune system getting pissed off. Since it's only a subunit vaccine, it can't actually make you ill, like some vaccines with live attenuated virus can. I would hypothesize your different reactions would be do to the level of immunity you had built up, the second reaction was more localized and faster to deal with it. (which is the purpose of the multiple shots, to build up acquired immunity - ie, a memory of that virus)

they really seem to be pushing these swine flu vaccines. even though it's less severe than the normal flu and the vaccines havent been tested enough and there are multiple reports of them causing more harm than good. yet, we are supposed to be scared shitless of swine flu and rush out as soon as possible to get the shot.

sounds a bit "fishy" to me. maybe i should report it to the whitehouse.

I don't think anyone should be scared shitless of swine flu. That's just silly. Sadly, the media has not helped matters at all.
I believe they are pushing the vaccine in hopes of containing the strain, and letting it die out. The opposite being letting it spread around like colds in a kindergarten classroom, whereby it could mutate into a far more virulent strain - that would be unwise. Sure, they could let it be and it may never become deadly, but why not try and lessen the risk?
I certainly don't think it's a conspiracy.
And I certainly wouldn't panic about it.

OMG!!! You are soooooo right. I never had the flu shot and I rarely catch colds. I drink a glass of OJ every day. :hyper: I've told people that and they think I'm nuts.

Vitamin C has been commonly recognized as a immune system boost. A google search will reveal a number of research articles on the matter.

Last edited:
I'm not crazy about taking a shot of whatever strain that is present now. Viruses do mutate and I don't want to take a chance of having the flu of any sort.
I'm a advocate of taking shots for diseases that have already been eradicated. but I'm going to wait on this flu shot.
I had measles, mumps, chicken pox and rubella, as a child - before there were vaccines. You don't want your kids to get any of these now.
And all you young adults, you don't want this either.
With that said, I'm not getting the swine flu shot. I've had years of flu shots and I hope I'm sufficently immuned.
But, if I die, please tell everyone to take it. :ohmy:

I saw some protests on CNN, but I was concerned with what they appeared to be protesting against. The health workers they interviewed were going on and on about the "deadly chemicals and foreign agents being forced into our bodies!" - and I'm sorry, but I just face palmed at that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but such comments are usually related to adjuvants- which are an essential component of almost all vaccines (they stimulate an immune response, without which many vaccines would be almost entirely ineffective), thus if one follows the logic of such complaints...I would assume they have issue with most any vaccine.

On the other hand, I do respect those who have worries about the safety of this particular vaccine, as it has been rushed into production and those who are concerned that swine flu has been blown out of proportion in comparison to regular seasonal flu.
In the article you posted, it looks like people are more concerned with the latter issues I mentioned.
Leave it to CNN to find the extremists of the debate.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom