College freshman commits suicide after sex tape posted on internet by roommate - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-06-2010, 09:46 PM   #121
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,649
Local Time: 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I never said that. Read what I wrote above, and combine that with the idea that a 15 year old was once 14, and 13, and 12, and 11, and 10. There's more of a history with an older person. Essentially the older you get, the more battered and bruised you become. So these kids must've taken a pretty hard couple of first hits (if that analogy works for you).
You're either backtracking or you're not making your point clear at all.

You kept saying there must be something more, that you think the suicides are being influenced by others.

Why can't it just be that they were bullied that much?
__________________

__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:40 PM   #122
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,598
Local Time: 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Are you suggesting the opposite? Do you really think that kids run home and tell their parents everything? Even more - do you think that these kids are forced to see each other?
i sure as hell told my mom whenever i was bullied. one point in elementary school it got so bad the school finally had to intervene when this girl threatened to come to my house and murder me because i wore glasses.

and yes, elementary school (funnily enough it was in kissimmee, since i noticed you're from orlando). i forget my exact age but it had to be somewhere from 2nd-4th grade.
__________________

__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:19 PM   #123
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,332
Local Time: 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Are you suggesting the opposite? Do you really think that kids run home and tell their parents everything? Even more - do you think that these kids are forced to see each other?
And they NEVER, EVER post anything nasty on each other's Facebook or Myspace pages. They leave all that at school.

And the parents never, ever call the school and let them know about the bullies in class. Ever.
__________________
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:38 PM   #124
Refugee
 
A stor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: U.S.A. East Coast
Posts: 2,464
Local Time: 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
It's easy to know if you're straight... go ahead and talk to some homosexual people. Some figure it out early... others dont.

That's not the point though. Completely off it, really. It's the point that no kindergardener (see the post below you) comes out of the closet or gets ridiculed for being homosexual. That stuff happens when? In middle school. You start middle school turning 12 years old. The fact is that this kid, in all likelihood, was only mocked/teased/bullied/these terms are all synonymous/etc. for about a year or two. Most people who go through this suffer for years before taking that option.

There is more to this than just a kid who was bullied.

Why would it be any easier to know if I am "straight?" Your words not mine.

I'm in my early fifties and probably have a little more life experience. Homosexuals were not so shocking for us. Sure, there has always been an element of school yard bullying. Not exclusive to gay folks and it certainly wasn't posted on the web, Since, it didn't exist. My best friend through out junior high and high school was gay. Most of his friends were not.
__________________
A stor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:53 PM   #125
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
i sure as hell told my mom whenever i was bullied. one point in elementary school it got so bad the school finally had to intervene when this girl threatened to come to my house and murder me because i wore glasses.
You better still not wear those glasses, KhanadaRhodes
__________________
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:10 AM   #126
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,344
Local Time: 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
You're either backtracking or you're not making your point clear at all.

You kept saying there must be something more, that you think the suicides are being influenced by others.

Why can't it just be that they were bullied that much?
Neither! You're just not reading what's in front of you. There is something more, something more than just being mocked for being homosexual. I know plenty of people who get mocked for it. They put up with it. It's life, that's what life throws at you.

You know how Tyler Clementi was driven that far? Because something more than being mocked happened. Someone invaded his privacy. Someone absolutely humiliated him. I'm sure he was mocked and teased enough about being gay by some, and that drove him over the top.

You dont think it's a possibility that each one of these suicides is influencing the next? We're up to about 7 now in 3 weeks. I mean, is it not possible that one suicide could've sent a message to the next poor victim?

I never said they were not bullied enough. Jesus, it's not even worth it if you're gonna keep assuming I've been saying so many things.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:13 AM   #127
Refugee
 
A stor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: U.S.A. East Coast
Posts: 2,464
Local Time: 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
kids use the words "gay" and "fag" and whatever as schoolyard taunts from a very young age, if memory serves around 3rd grade.

we should also remember that straight kids, and prepubescent kids, can be the victim of homophobic bullying as well.
Irvine, you have brought up very important points. My son, when he was in elementary school, fourth grade. Came home and asked me what does "fag" mean? I told him it was a very bad curse word and that we don't use language like that.

My son actualy went through this. Being called gay, even though he is heterosexual. Because some of his friends were going to the "after school orgy partys." Between the ages of twelve to fourteen. My son never went to them. As if, his dad and I would have ever allowed it. He focused on his studies. Has a good job in the computer field and is very happily married to a lovely woman.

You'll never see them on the Maury show. "Who's your baby's daddy?"
__________________
A stor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:17 AM   #128
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,344
Local Time: 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
i sure as hell told my mom whenever i was bullied. one point in elementary school it got so bad the school finally had to intervene when this girl threatened to come to my house and murder me because i wore glasses.

and yes, elementary school (funnily enough it was in kissimmee, since i noticed you're from orlando). i forget my exact age but it had to be somewhere from 2nd-4th grade.
Well then I'm gonna go on a lead here and guess you're female? You see, that explains it. Most boys dont go running home telling their mom at 13 years old. Most of that is handled in school.

Cool that you're from Kissimee. I'm new here in Orlando, just got here in August. I'm a student at UCF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
And they NEVER, EVER post anything nasty on each other's Facebook or Myspace pages. They leave all that at school.

And the parents never, ever call the school and let them know about the bullies in class. Ever.
Now come on... that's like a scene straight out of a movie. You dont have to be friends with someone on MySpace and Facebook.

Most of the time the parents either know little about the bullying or nothing at all. Sometimes (and in the instance of Asher Brown) they did know and they tried to stop it and nothing was done.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:25 AM   #129
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,344
Local Time: 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A stor View Post
Why would it be any easier to know if I am "straight?" Your words not mine.

I'm in my early fifties and probably have a little more life experience. Homosexuals were not so shocking for us. Sure, there has always been an element of school yard bullying. Not exclusive to gay folks and it certainly wasn't posted on the web, Since, it didn't exist. My best friend through out junior high and high school was gay. Most of his friends were not.
Most people are straight. Most homosexuals feel early in their life that they're different, but they dont realize that they're gay until later on.

There are always the group of people who are confused when growing up. Some, but not all, end up realizing they're bisexual or homosexual. The majority of people growing up dont ever experience such confusion or bi-curious feelings.

I mean, I dont know if it was you who said it, but you knew the entire time apparently. So you wouldnt know.

You might have a little more life experience, but you dont have more experience as a teenager in middle and high school. In which case, you were there a while ago. I was just there. Not trying to sound like an ass, but I'd bet I know more of how teenagers function socially in middle school and high school.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:27 AM   #130
Refugee
 
A stor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: U.S.A. East Coast
Posts: 2,464
Local Time: 09:33 PM
Perhaps...

But, perception has to change. I am older and see more homophobia than was present in my school days.
__________________
A stor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:34 AM   #131
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,344
Local Time: 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A stor View Post
Perhaps...

But, perception has to change. I am older and see more homophobia than was present in my school days.
I understand, but that kind of stuff varies completely when you go home to home. For all we know some of these kids could've been rejected by their parents. Some of them could've been very quiet about it. It's a very particular topic, everyone is different.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:37 AM   #132
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,472
Local Time: 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A stor View Post
My son actualy went through this. Being called gay, even though he is heterosexual.

Quote:
Has a good job in the computer field and is very happily married to a lovely woman.



homophobic bullying hurts kids of all sexual orientations.
__________________
Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:55 AM   #133
Refugee
 
A stor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: U.S.A. East Coast
Posts: 2,464
Local Time: 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
homophobic bullying hurts kids of all sexual orientations.
Thank you!

My son was made fun of during his teenage years because he wasn't sleeping around and is not a teenage daddy. He waited until he fell in love. Nothing wrong with that. Gay or straight. He wanted to complete his education which lead to a good paying job. Plus, he respects women. As a heterosexual man. Women are not to be used and tossed aside.

I am very proud of him. Even though, I thought at times, he was tuning me out. My message as a mom. Got through.
__________________
A stor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:01 AM   #134
Refugee
 
A stor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: U.S.A. East Coast
Posts: 2,464
Local Time: 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I understand, but that kind of stuff varies completely when you go home to home. For all we know some of these kids could've been rejected by their parents. Some of them could've been very quiet about it. It's a very particular topic, everyone is different.

I hope that these children were not rejected by their families.

I have two grown children and love them with all of my heart. They just happen to be heterosexual. But, if they were not. It wouldn't make one bit of difference to me or their dad.
__________________
A stor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:19 AM   #135
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,256
Local Time: 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A stor View Post
My son was made fun of during his teenage years because he wasn't sleeping around and is not a teenage daddy. He waited until he fell in love. Nothing wrong with that. Gay or straight. He wanted to complete his education which lead to a good paying job. Plus, he respects women. As a heterosexual man. Women are not to be used and tossed aside.
Can we clone your son? I would love to see more men like this existing out there.

Angela
__________________

__________________
Moonlit_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com