College freshman commits suicide after sex tape posted on internet by roommate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Emotional abuse has worse long-term effects than physical abuse. Emotional abuse can have a lot of psychological effects on a person, one of which is the lack of self worth that eventually results in suicide. I don't think that people who emotionally abuse and harass others to suicide should be charged with murder, but it should be taken very seriously. I don't think it should be tolerated, period. I think if people can be arrested or have their kids taken away for physical abuse, the same should go for emotional, because emotional abuse leaves scars that might never fully heal.

If not jail time, then time in a mental institution.

Some people are jerks, but there's a big difference between a jerk (someone who is callous and mean spirited) and a vicious person that deliberately gets kicks off of the emotional abuse and degradation of other people.

Emotional abuse has worse long-term effects than physical abuse. Emotional abuse can have a lot of psychological effects on a person, one of which is the lack of self worth that eventually results in suicide. I don't think that people who emotionally abuse and harass others to suicide should be charged with murder, but it should be taken very seriously. I don't think it should be tolerated, period. I think if people can be arrested or have their kids taken away for physical abuse, the same should go for emotional, because emotional abuse leaves scars that might never fully heal.

I agree 100%

Almost two years after the incident, and following a lengthy trial, Ravi, now aged 20, has been charged with 15 criminal counts, including invasion of privacy and bias intimidation. He was sentenced to three years’ probation, 300 hours of community service, a fine of more than US $10,000, and 30 days in prison.

Following the verdict, he released this statement: “I accept responsibility for and regret my thoughtless, insensitive, immature, stupid and childish choices that I made on Sept. 19, 2010, and Sept. 21, 2010.

“My behavior and actions, which at no time were motivated by hate, bigotry, prejudice or desire to hurt, humiliate or embarrass anyone, were nonetheless the wrong choices and decisions. I apologize to everyone affected by those choices.”

The tragic loss of Tyler lives on in the minds of Clementi’s family. Back in February, his older brother James Clementi, who is also gay, opened up about his memories of Tyler (pictured below) in heartbreaking open letters.

“When I imagined your future, I saw the world at your feet. You were supposed to show me up, do it better than I could. I wanted that for you,” James wrote.

“You are blood, my connection to the past, and my hope for the future. You are beauty, fleeting and marvelous. I know there was pain, and I’m sorry for that, but you were joy, too. Your voice, your smile, tiny hands clinging to mine. I will never let go.”

Not sure how he can his actions weren't meant to humiliate or embarrass, but whatever. I hope he feels bad for the rest of his life, not just 30 days.

Clementi's webcam tormentor apologises on samesame.com.au

When I imagined your future, I saw the world at your feet. You were supposed to show me up, do it better than I could. I wanted that for you,” James wrote.

“You are blood, my connection to the past, and my hope for the future. You are beauty, fleeting and marvelous. I know there was pain, and I’m sorry for that, but you were joy, too. Your voice, your smile, tiny hands clinging to mine. I will never let go.”

That's beautiful :(

Back
Top Bottom