Climategate Lies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Michael O'Leary on environmentalists:

“We want to annoy the ******* whenever we can. The best thing you can do with environmentalists is shoot them. These headbangers want to make air travel the preserve of the rich. They are luddites marching us back to the 18th century. If preserving the environment means stopping poor people flying so the rich can fly, then screw it.”

Michael O'Leary on environmentalists:

“We want to annoy the ******* whenever we can. The best thing you can do with environmentalists is shoot them. These headbangers want to make air travel the preserve of the rich. They are luddites marching us back to the 18th century. If preserving the environment means stopping poor people flying so the rich can fly, then screw it.”

The scary thing is he's not entirely joking or exaggerating. Shutting down coal plants a la Hansen or pushing some huge carbon tax will create a more pyramidal society. At least A Wanderer doesn't want worldwide cap and trade but I still disagree with him about Malthus (I'm sure poor economics and government in Rwanda can be blamed for bad use of resources in part) and I disagree with stopping the third world from developing. What's the point of giving them handouts on one side and as a contradiction preventing economic growth with cheaper fossil fuels on the other side?

Anyways people will believe what they want to. My job is starting to speed up again so I'll take a breather from blue crack for a while. :wave: I'm sure there will be 100 articles on the subject to read when I get back. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom