Climate Change - A big fuss About Nothing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's what I think about all this climate changing shit. Regardless of whether or not 'climate change' really is happening, there is absolutely nothing wrong in treating the place we live in as well as we can. There's nothing wrong with recycling, nothing wrong with saving water, electricity, fuel, gas, mileage, etc.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking care of our planet and making it a better place to live.

just out of curiosity, how humid is it in Melbourne?

It can occasionally get humid, but we're not renowned for any extreme humidity like they get up in Brisbane and Gold Coast.

This week, it's just been hot hot sun....relentless.

Humidity the past two days, where we cracked 44 degrees, has been between 10 and 30% according to BOM.

It can occasionally get humid, but we're not renowned for any extreme humidity like they get up in Brisbane and Gold Coast.

This week, it's just been hot hot sun....relentless.

Humidity the past two days, where we cracked 44 degrees, has been between 10 and 30% according to BOM.

cool :up: (well, maybe not cool ...)

my mild fascination with your country continues.

Here's what I think about all this climate changing shit. Regardless of whether or not 'climate change' really is happening, there is absolutely nothing wrong in treating the place we live in as well as we can. There's nothing wrong with recycling, nothing wrong with saving water, electricity, fuel, gas, mileage, etc.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking care of our planet and making it a better place to live.

This is how I feel, too. When I hear climate change skeptics talk, I think, 'OK, fine. Let's say you're right. What's so wrong about keeping your planet as clean as possible? Would you treat your home the same way?'

i do believe that the thought that we can know for certainty that the things going on in the climate right now is completely our doing and that it's not a cyclical pattern that's happened before is a little short sided because frankly we've only been on this earth for a speck of time and have no clue what happened in the atmosphere a thousand, ten thousand, a million years ago. who knows... maybe there was a period of global warming at some point tens of thousands of years ago do to increased emisions in the air from jesus horse droppings.

is it likely that we're the cause? yes. can we really know 100% for sure? not really.

that said, the thought of cleaning up our act just in case is obviously a good one... so wether you believe in global warming or not, making ourselves more environmentaly friendly is obviously a good thing, and there shouldn't be anything political about it... that's on both sides of the asile.

I know its terrible

Winter in the uk is from SEP till MAY it seems

then June, july and Aug see about 4 days of sunshine and the rest is rain

There's a very simple reason for not going green: it affects the wrong US industries. It will absolutely create a lot of jobs and do a lot of good, but the few jobs it will take away from are in industries with a lot of political weight to throw around (see: oil). Also, it might cost a little bit more for businesses to go green.

So, in summary, we should continue to risk the planet to save a few dollars.

There's a very simple reason for not going green: it affects the wrong US industries. It will absolutely create a lot of jobs and do a lot of good, but the few jobs it will take away from are in industries with a lot of political weight to throw around (see: oil). Also, it might cost a little bit more for businesses to go green.

So, in summary, we should continue to risk the planet to save a few dollars.

QFT! Amen, pFACT.

Nothing. They sold it all because of the global warming lie. ;)

No, in many parts of Europe eight inches can be unusual, especially if it comes at once.

one snowflake creates worry

more than one inch creates panic

more than 3 inches (like now) = total meltdown

We are useless when it comes to snow

londonsnowpi0.jpg

Meh...

:wink:

one snowflake creates worry

more than one inch creates panic

more than 3 inches (like now) = total meltdown

We are useless when it comes to snow

When you start to consider 15 inches of snow to be "light flurries", let me know. Then I can respect your attitude towards winter. [/canadian]

Back
Top Bottom