Christine O'Donnell doesn't know what the First Amendment is - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2010, 07:56 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post

5 will be a powerful block. they will wield quite a bit of power. If the Dems have a majority of 50-52, the GOP will still control the Senate, legislatively.
Given that the GOP had de facto control with only 41 senators, as the Democratic Party stands for nothing, it'll be business as usual.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:06 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:54 PM
If the GOP get 49 or 50, they will easily peal off a Blue Dog Dem or 2 and get their legislation passed. Lieberman will vote with them, too.

The 60 votes needed to get stuff out of committee, and Senate holds won't be as much of a log jam as they have been with the GOP.

Yes, the GOP are more disciplined and vote lock step more than the Democrats

Old 10-19-2010, 08:40 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

I love how Christine O'Donnell, who sounds like she's barely literate, is telling a Yale-educated lawyer that he knows "nothing" about constitutional law.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:41 PM   #19
She's the One

But she's a libertarian hope, you know.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:49 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

This woman is genuinely stupid (not unlike Palin), but she is merely the product of certain segments of the population deciding to glorify anti-intellectualism.

She won't be elected but that is hardly the point. What is most offensive is what she stands for - brazen stupidity and a lack of intellectual curiosity which is celebrated as some kind of a badge of honour in a world where going to Harvard is seen as elitist bullshit booklearnin' that should be scorned. I often wonder about people who support individuals like her and what hopes and dreams they have for their children. It is actually completely antithetical to the American dream and one of the finer American ideals of meritocracy (which has certainly flourished in North America far more than in so-called old Europe). It's really a very sad social statement.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:06 PM   #21
She's the One

tsk

booklarnin'

But other than that, I agree completely and am pissed as well. These people are stupid and frightening.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:20 PM   #22
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:54 PM
Does anyone else get the feeling that a new divide will be occuring within the next decade? The new divide won't be between liberals and conservatives, Democrats or Republicans, this party or that party... I have a feeling, and I know I'll be playing right into Hannity's hands when I say this, and he can call me an elite if he wants to, but it will be between the thinking and non-thinking class. Not the educated vs non-educated but the thinking vs the non-thinking. Those that form an opinion and then gather information to uphold that opinion and those that sift through all the information and form an opinion.

I feel both the left and right and everyone in between are quite embarassed by certain factions of their group, but it just seems like those factions are becoming more and more vocal lately...

Anyone else?
Old 10-19-2010, 11:57 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

I don't feel sorry for this woman at all. She wanted to do this. So did Palin. No pity.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:21 AM   #24
has a

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
This woman is genuinely stupid (not unlike Palin), but she is merely the product of certain segments of the population deciding to glorify anti-intellectualism.

She won't be elected but that is hardly the point. What is most offensive is what she stands for - brazen stupidity and a lack of intellectual curiosity which is celebrated as some kind of a badge of honour in a world where going to Harvard is seen as elitist bullshit booklearnin' that should be scorned. I often wonder about people who support individuals like her and what hopes and dreams they have for their children. It is actually completely antithetical to the American dream and one of the finer American ideals of meritocracy (which has certainly flourished in North America far more than in so-called old Europe). It's really a very sad social statement.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:26 AM   #25
has a

Quote:
If the GOP get 49 or 50, they will easily peal off a Blue Dog Dem or 2 and get their legislation passed. Lieberman will vote with them, too.

The 60 votes needed to get stuff out of committee, and Senate holds won't be as much of a log jam as they have been with the GOP.

Yes, the GOP are more disciplined and vote lock step more than the Democrats
Hopefully, the Dems will keep control of the Senate and be scared out of their fucking minds by the results from the elections such that they ratify new filibuster rules at the beginning of the new term. (plus whatever other committee rules are just accepted and ratified perfunctorily each new term)
Old 10-20-2010, 04:48 AM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
"That's actually in the First Amendment?"

*Sits with completely stunned look on her face. Proceeds to do what girl in Cori's gif is doing*** And she has the nerve to say to his face, "shows how little you know"?

Holy crap, this is one stupid girl. I understand what deep's getting at about the "kooks" thing, but I'm sorry, I'm incredibly sick to death of this BS. If somebody says something THAT stupid, they need to be called out on it. Plain and simple. If they don't like it, tough. Truth hurts. I want my leaders to be smarter than me. Crazy concept, I know, but it's something new worth trying.

anitram and BVS hit the nail on the head. I don't know when our society decided being intelligent was some sort of evil, bad thing, but it's way past time to change that.

Quote:

this is an 'outsider' candidate not embraced by the mainstream GOP
most all agree that she will lose big.
I'd like to think that will be true, and sincerely hope that turns out to be the case. But the fact that people like Christine do have voters flocking to them does cause me some worry. Even if she does lose, the fact that she had any sort of a chance at all, the fact that anyone voted for her at all, is incredibly troubling.

The audience's reaction in that clip, however, was funny . They seemed just as incredulous as I was.

(**I'm thinking that that gif should be a required part of many an FYM discussion surrounding politicians and their quotes/actions)

Angela
Old 10-20-2010, 05:03 AM   #27
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:54 PM
i'm embarrassed for her.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:09 AM   #28
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

christine o'donnell is a troll. she just spews out buzzwords without having the facts or knowledge to back them up, only saying what she does to stir up emotions of voters. yes politicians should stir up emotions, but there should also be something being said to back it all up. most tea party members just remind me of this:
Old 10-20-2010, 06:10 AM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:54 PM
It just seems to come down to the fact that a lot of Americans want a leader who they can relate to.

I'm the opposite. I don't want a President who I would feel comfortable having a couple of beers with. I want someone who is much, much, much smarter than me, and much more hardworking.

It's not just the US, look at Canadian politics. We have a businessman as a Prime Minister, and have shunned people like Stéphane Dion as too "intellectual" to lead.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:34 AM   #30
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Wow.

Wow.

I love the tone she uses - as if she's actually scoring a big point.

Christine O'Donnell: Fighting Truth With Ignorance