Christ forcibly removed from courtroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
onoz_omg2.gif
onoz_omg2.gif
onoz_omg2.gif

Jesus Christ dumped from jury - oddstuff | Stuff.co.nz

Court officials say a US woman who changed her name to Jesus Christ didn't live up to it when she reported for jury duty.

The woman, previously named Dorothy Lola Killingworth, was sent to Judge Clyde Jones's courtroom in Birmingham, Alabama, for a criminal case.

Court officials told The Birmingham News that the 59-year-old was excused because she was disruptive and kept asking questions instead of answering them.

Efforts to reach Christ for comment were unsuccessful.

Court administrator Sandra Turner said people there were shocked when the woman insisted her name was Jesus Christ and some potential jurors laughed out loud when her name was called.

But Turner said unlike some Jefferson County residents, Christ didn't try to get out of jury duty and was "perfectly happy to serve."

onoz_omg2.gif
onoz_omg2.gif
onoz_omg2.gif

I'm still wondering why a woman would change her name to Jesus? Since, obviously it is a man's name. Perhaps, some gender issues? :huh:

Anyone else weirded out by all the rebel talk in every thread? Its not normal behaviour

Anyone else weirded out by all the rebel talk in every thread? Its not normal behaviour

I am.

I'm starting to wonder if Iron Horse is pretending to be a Christian just to aggravate people.

Jesus probably was a rebel and he was indeed apparently from Nazareth. However, Iron Horse's beliefs seem to be reliably conservative on nearly every count. Not rebellious at all.

If you want to serve the age, betray it. That is what Jesus really did. They hated him for it.

Jesus probably was a rebel and he was indeed apparently from Nazareth. However, Iron Horse's beliefs seem to be reliably conservative on nearly every count. Not rebellious at all.

If you want to serve the age, betray it. That is what Jesus really did. They hated him for it.

I'd gotten the sense Iron Horse was more of a libertarian. He's very big on smoking and whole milk as I recall.

As for the rebel designation. . .I don't know. . .it doesn't really appeal to me. Everybody tends to want to make Jesus over into their own image. "Oh, he's a gun-toting conservative like me," or a "he's a socially progressive liberal like me" or "he's a rebel, like me." I tend to think Jesus, were He here, would confound us all. (Which is why the whole WWJD thing seems ridiculous to me. Heck, half the time his own followers had no IDEA what he was going to do next. Do we really think we're so much smarter than they were?)

Oh no, I don't mean to paint Jesus as a modern-day liberal of any stripe. I mean the two might gel in some respects but the reality is that he was a devout Jewish man walking the earth in the days of the Roman Empire.

The one thing he did not seem in the Gospels, however, is smug or complacent.

I tend to think Jesus, were He here, would confound us all. (Which is why the whole WWJD thing seems ridiculous to me. Heck, half the time his own followers had no IDEA what he was going to do next. Do we really think we're so much smarter than they were?)

The only sensible question is to ask "what DID Jesus do?", and do that.

Which seems plenty difficult enough, thank you...

Back
Top Bottom