Chris Lane's Murder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh ya. Blame the white American man for the racist American black man for killing the white Austrailan. I'm sure his family is relieved you turned this into a political issue. I send my prayers to his family.
Why the race baiting? I never mentioned race or made anything into a political issue. :huh:

I completely agree with you on issue of guns. They need to be regulated like a car. If you buy one then register it. If you sell it then say who bought it. If it was stolen then report it. It is ridiculous how many guns are out there. Chicago supposedly has toughest gun laws out there but most offenders get probation so the laws are a joke.

Supposedly he posted on Twitter that he hates whitey and is gonna kill him. So if this is the case then I believe a hate crime may be available.

Tourists FEAR our black people. They just visit places where black people aren't out of control.

Guns don't pull the trigger. Thugs do. A gun is here to stay. Quit trying to get rid of them.

Then move dude. Nobody says you have to stay. I am proud to be American and white. I have friends that are proud to be American and are black. Move. Go to Canada. Nobody is stopping you.

it's best not to drink and post.

The reason why we can't have an honest, open discussion about race in our country is because inevitably the discussion gets taken over by the lowest common denominator on both sides of the fence.

interference is apparently a nice microcosm for that

I think there's always a chance to have an "honest, open" discussion on just about anything.

I found the infographics on modern segregation in our cities from wired.com very interesting. I posted it a few pages back.

I was very surprised that the US was still that segregated. Not exactly a "melting pot"...

Good article on wired.com based on the same infographics

The Best Map Ever Made of America’s Racial Segregation

^ the Detroit map is mind blowing.

8 Mile Road...

I thought LA was interesting also. It seems that the Hispanic population has completely displaced the African American population in South Central LA.

Guns don't pull the trigger. Thugs do. A gun is here to stay. Quit trying to get rid of them.
So America has a way higher murder rate than comparable nations because Americans are pre-disposed to being more violent as opposed to simply because America has so many more guns? Is that your argument?

Wait, don't answer that. I anticipate a post involving blacks and thugs coming.

The reason why we can't have an honest, open discussion about race in our country is because inevitably the discussion gets taken over by the lowest common denominator on both sides of the fence.

interference is apparently a nice microcosm for that

I disagree. Let's have an honest open discussion here. What are your questions?

Wow. Black men do the right thing and it's a surprise. They wanna give them gift certificates cause they didn't rip then off. Give me a break. Talk about stereotyping. They assumed cause they are black that they would steal but because they didn't it they get a thank you for not stealing and a gift certificate. What joke! They get congratulated for NOT stealing.

Wow. Black men do the right thing and it's a surprise. They wanna give them gift certificates cause they didn't rip then off. Give me a break. Talk about stereotyping. They assumed cause they are black that they would steal but because they didn't it they get a thank you for not stealing and a gift certificate. What joke! They get congratulated for NOT stealing.

Tim, there's a way you to make your point and be less combative - please find it. The Sean Hannity approach only energizes people that already agree with you, but does little to convince others that may be open to what you have to say.

Sean has been very respectful in his responses on a subject that he admitted was emotional to him. He doesn't deserve this attitude from you.

I mean, I get that I'm still insulting him, but I'm genuinely confused as to what he was disagreeing with there.

You are insulting me but confused as to why? No wonder this country is in trouble. But no problem guy. A Black female friend visited ur town two years back and told me that Philly has the rudest people she met yet. Really unfriendly. I know you are really intelligent so I was just curious as to what race commits the most homicides in ur town? Honest discussion right? Is is white people? Hispanics? Blacks? You only have a 33% guess but I'm sure you can get it right. Good luck.

Why do you have to keep emphasizing on someon's skin colour with your rethoric? Why does it matter so much to you if you're against racism so much? That's kinda paradoxal you know..

Why do you have to keep emphasizing on someon's skin colour with your rethoric? Why does it matter so much to you if you're against racism so much? That's kinda paradoxal you know..

What rhetoric? It matters because I am against it and secondly NOBODY here wants to have an honest conversation about it. Not paradoxal at all. It seems most here are against the truth.

What makes you think nobody wants to have an honest convo about it? It's just peculiar that when your'e against racism, you keep discerning between races.

What makes you think nobody wants to have an honest convo about it? It's just peculiar that when your'e against racism, you keep discerning between races.

I'm definitely against racism, even dating black gf. Maybe cause I live in Chicago, also know as Chiraq, and being a cop is that I see all the crime / homicides on a daily basis. And at least here it's about 80% Blacks doing the killing and most of the crime. Chicago supposedly has toughest gun laws in country but most get probation even after they get arrested with gun for third time. There's no punishment here in Illinois.
I guess i discern between race because of where I live. Whites aren't robbing people. Blacks are now robbing all the rich white people in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's been going on for years but now the media finally figured it out.

I'm definitely against racism, even dating black gf. Maybe cause I live in Chicago, also know as Chiraq, and being a cop is that I see all the crime / homicides on a daily basis. And at least here it's about 80% Blacks doing the killing and most of the crime. Chicago supposedly has toughest gun laws in country but most get probation even after they get arrested with gun for third time. There's no punishment here in Illinois.
I guess i discern between race because of where I live. Whites aren't robbing people. Blacks are now robbing all the rich white people in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's been going on for years but now the media finally figured it out.

Does your black girlfriend mind that you just look at skin color and stop there? More importantly, does she mind that you have a wife and kid?

What are the other breakdowns? Sex, age, education? How many are Chicago lumberjacks?

1st rule of being a good alter/troll, keep your narrative straight. You can't keep pushing for an "honest" discussion when you're a well documented liar.

Tim... There are plenty of valid race related issues that this country needs to have an open, honest discussion about... racism, poverty, the disproportionate ratio of gun violence in the black community, white guilt, media portrayal, glass ceilings, double standards, the generational effect of slavery, reparations, etc etc etc.

But when you simply take a broad brush and paint an entire ethnicity as one, you come off as a bigoted fool.

You can make a good point... Like the media painting George Zimmerman as a white man, ignoring his mixed ethnicity, and shaping the discussion as one about race, often through manipulative means...

But then you go and do the same thing by lumping every person of color in to the same boat... which makes you simply come off as the token racist, bitter white guy... and even the points you make that are worth discussing get lost in a sea of rhetoric.

Cut that shit out, and then maybe people might listen to you.

Maybe.

But as long as your posts continue to insinuate that the color of one's skin alone has anything to do with any of the issues you'd like to discuss, nobody will take you serious.

Is Oprah committing these crimes? Derrick Rose? Obama? No? Oh... I thought it was simply a race thing.

Perhaps, and call me crazy, but perhaps there are some deep rooted societal issues at play here as well that have zero to do with one's skin color.

I don't see how having a black girlfriend makes your view less, yeah I realise the pun, black and white.

It doesn't change the way you post things on here. With everything you clearly discern between black and white people. Why?
People commit crimes. Why do we need to break down what ethnicity they are? It's really not the point. There's plenty of whites robbing people. Maybe not in your city, which I doubt on its own, but there are plenty of white assholes around. Should we emphasize that too then?

Some people are just assholes. It doesn't matter what colour their skin is. They're assholes.

Back
Top Bottom