Chris Lane's Murder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I knew a kid in highschool that took an actual dart in the eye. They were fucking about and he somehow stood in front of the board when someone threw it. Lost 90% of the vision in that eye

Yikes. I wonder when they were banned in the US.

Looking now...

According to Dr. Wiki Pedia. 1988.

Edit* also says banned in Canada in 1989?
But says alternatives popped up.

Yikes. I wonder when they were banned in the US.

Looking now...

According to Dr. Wiki Pedia. 1988.

Edit* also says banned in Canada in 1989?
But says alternatives popped up.

no, I mean like a dart dart. For a dart board

And you have your ignorant cap on.

The fact you equate conservative with ignorance did not go unnoticed. It would probably serve you well to concede that both "sides" have equally intelligent people that are equally informed of the issues. For one reason or another, they've reached different conclusions. That doesn't make all of them idiots.

The conservatives, after all, are human beings. Instead of making them into monsters, perhaps it would help if you tried to empathize, to see their point of view, even when you disagree. Do you not expect the same respect for your thoughts and opinions?

At times, when you use language as this, you come across as a lemming that "toes the line" instead of someone that takes each issue one at a time.

Sean - have you heard of this charity? I was thinking of possibly doing some work with them in LA (you've inspired me with your work). I've done some programming for them in the past. Even though they are more "evangelical" than I prefer, they seem to have a good system in place.

World Impact

My old church has teamed with these guys in the past, as well as Union Rescue Mission. Both are solid. :)

The fact you equate conservative with ignorance did not go unnoticed. It would probably serve you well to concede that both "sides" have equally intelligent people that are equally informed of the issues. For one reason or another, they've reached different conclusions. That doesn't make all of them idiots.

The conservatives, after all, are human beings. Instead of making them into monsters, perhaps it would help if you tried to empathize, to see their point of view, even when you disagree. Do you not expect the same respect for your thoughts and opinions?

At times, when you use language as this, you come across as a lemming that "toes the line" instead of someone that takes each issue one at a time.

It is neither liberal nor conservative to think that this tragic shooting is the same as Trayvon Martin.

It is ignorant. It is uninformed to do so. It is a failure to take each of these cases one at a time.

Please take my comments on the quality of their arguments and not notch tallies on where my opinions may lie on your perceived political spectrum. Simply because one is conservative on one issue and liberal on the other does not mean that there is any greater quality to the thoughts that helped them arrive at whatever conclusion.

I'm going to try not to read too much into this sentence, but I do find it awfully disturbing.

Oh sorry Mr Diemen you feel this way. Sorry for saying they should be hung to death. Instead I hope they are placed on a gurnee. Then their left arm is strapped down. Then their right arm is strapped down. Then their legs. An IV is then placed in their vein. A lot of poison is then inserted into their blood and they become deceased.

Maybe someone had to counterbalance that poster that turns everything into a liberal issue? :shrug:

What's his name? :hmm: Tim something? All I remember is that he's a detective, or was a detective, or maybe a lumberjack... oh hell, I can't remember now.

Oh ya. Blame the white American man for the racist American black man for killing the white Austrailan. I'm sure his family is relieved you turned this into a political issue. I send my prayers to his family.

I blame the guns.

There's plenty of outrage on this subject, and it's a nations embarrassment. Race is a component of this, but the real issue is, as always, the ease of accessibility to handguns.

Also, there is specific criteria for something to be considered a hate crime. We'll see if this meets that criteria. From what I've read, a gang initiation seems a likely explanation.

Tourists don't fear our black people. They fear Americans with guns.

But rest assured, Australia -- the murder rate is at a 40-year low. It's safer to visit American now than in any of our lifetimes.

It's just unfortunate that the masturbatory gun fantasy results in crimes like this one that could only ever happen in America, not inly but primarily because of our gun laws.

I completely agree with you on issue of guns. They need to be regulated like a car. If you buy one then register it. If you sell it then say who bought it. If it was stolen then report it. It is ridiculous how many guns are out there. Chicago supposedly has toughest gun laws out there but most offenders get probation so the laws are a joke.

Supposedly he posted on Twitter that he hates whitey and is gonna kill him. So if this is the case then I believe a hate crime may be available.

Tourists FEAR our black people. They just visit places where black people aren't out of control.

I completely agree with you on issue of guns. They need to be regulated like a car. If you buy one then register it. If you sell it then say who bought it. If it was stolen then report it. It is ridiculous how many guns are out there.

There you go - something we can build on.

Tourists FEAR our black people. They just visit places where black people aren't out of control.
ummm i'm not sure who "your" black people are (as in if it's a specific small set of people or what) but...i didn't fear anyone when i visited chicago. but i'm also not the type of person who automatically looks to see if their car is locked just because a black person is standing at a crosswalk, either.

Jesus. I can't. I can't even begin to respond in depth to this shit.

I'm just sorry. I get embarrassed to be white and to be an American sometimes

And I blame the guns.

Then move dude. Nobody says you have to stay. I am proud to be American and white. I have friends that are proud to be American and are black. Move. Go to Canada. Nobody is stopping you.

ummm i'm not sure who "your" black people are (as in if it's a specific small set of people or what) but...i didn't fear anyone when i visited chicago. but i'm also not the type of person who automatically looks to see if their car is locked just because a black person is standing at a crosswalk, either.

Oh Ok then. My black people are the ones who are robbing and beating white tourists in downtown Chicago. It's a trend where a bunch of blacks attack a white guy and rob him. It's a definite problem even on Michigan Ave. The black people are also attacking and robbing the white people on our beaches. Beaches have been shut down because of a rush of black people attacking and robbing white people. Glad you didn't get robbed in your visit but it is a regular thing.

I'm very surprised president Obama has yet to speak about this. Simply to offer his sympathy to his family since he's from Australia. My guess since the bad guys are black he won't say a word.

I'm very surprised president Obama has yet to speak about this. Simply to offer his sympathy to his family since he's from Australia. My guess since the bad guys are black he won't say a word.

Your race baiting is getting to be a bit much. If you can't approach things calmly and without turning it into an us vs. them, black vs. white rant, then maybe you should just sit this one out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom