Cell Phones: Planting Cancer to Our Heads?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the iron horse

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Now that the pubs have been cleared of evil tobacco and the Food Police are in pursuit of whole milk and other foods deemed evil.
High Frutose Corn Syrup is not on their list.

What are your thoughts on cell phones?

The advent of texting pretty much erases most concerns of people who overuse cell phones being exposed to cancer because they hold the phone too close to their head.

Hm, my brother always poses the question, since it's not yet scientifically answered, what is the danger of having the cell phone in your trouser pocket all the time.
As man a valid question I think. ;)

I am starting to believe that there may be adverse health effects from cell phone use

my iPhone throws out alot more interference? if that is the right word ,than my old cell phone, of course it has wi-fi

that may be why it is interfering with my FM radio reception :shrug:

British scientists participating in the Mobile Telecommunications and Health Research program also have weighed in. As part of the initiative, Lawrence Challis, emeritus professor of physics at the University of Nottingham, led a panel in England that reviewed 23 studies on cell phone use and health effects.

The panel concluded that radio-frequency radiation from cell phones poses no short-term health risk.

But Challis says that among the few studies that included people who had been using cell phones for more than a decade, there is uncertainty. Some studies identified a very slight increase in the number of brain cancers among cell phone users.

"There are slight hints of something" for people who have used cell phones for more than 10 years," says Challis. "But they are not totally convincing hints. All they are, are suggestions."

It's possible the cancers were due to chance.

Doctors Urge Research On Cell Phone-Cancer Issue : NPR

Back
Top Bottom