Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:10 PM
well, Dion is out:

'I failed.' Dion will not seek to renew his leadership of Liberal party

Old 10-20-2008, 08:46 PM   #227
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:10 PM
I'm really surprised he's waiting until May before relinquising control.

City TV interviewed Rae on the street when I walked by this evening so I should be in the news

Old 10-20-2008, 09:40 PM   #228
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
The air car might be a supplement but as I expected the safety and performance are lacking. I personally wouldn't mind it as a second car, but the infrastructure to fill up would require the majority of the population to adopt it in someway to pay for those stations to exist. It's a perfect example of letting the market decide. Overtime who knows what ideas will come up? If enough of the population like it (how does it perform in a cold country?) it could do well or flop.
It's rather neat, though, isn't it? I'd pay for those stations to exist...and we can work on the rest.

Interesting how these ideas don't hit the mainstream. What's up with that? It's a little like anyone who comes out with a better and tastier potato chip...sometimes they mysteriously vanish.

With Dion gone...is this guy in?

Old 10-20-2008, 10:57 PM   #229
Refugee

Local Time: 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
Now if the Liberals want to really shake things up they'd pick someone like Romeo Dallaire (a "liberal" senator and ex- general - remember Rwanda???). Who wouldn't like him?

or...

if they really want to get dramatic...

Justin Trudeau (maybe a tad too young)

but alas, the Liberal party of Canada is about as exciting as a Dukakis democrat so they'll tow the line and pick Rae or Ignatiaff or some other schmuck that creates no excitement whatsoever. Typical.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:37 AM   #230
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
This made me teary. What a great leader, what bad timing. I really respect him. I'm not surprised he's waiting till May, there is absolutely nothing to be gained by the party if he were to step down prior. He's offering himself up as a whipping boy for the party until then, to avoid damage to a future leader. That's courage and forsight. His apology to those who lost seats is admirable too.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:01 AM   #231
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Local Time: 03:10 PM
I just saw this on tv, and I felt really bad for the guy too. I think he got a really bad rap. The reporter also seemed to relish kicking him while he was down.
I don't think he's a bad guy, altho, he seemed to lack the right public persona, or ability to project himself well....which was a definite nail in the coffin.

I really haven't followed this election very well at all, is it true the conservatives spent so much cash? And I didn't see half the ads they were showing me tonight...

Oh well, somewhere right now Harper is eating a puppy in celebration.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:03 AM   #232
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelordevil View Post
It's rather neat, though, isn't it? I'd pay for those stations to exist...and we can work on the rest.

Interesting how these ideas don't hit the mainstream. What's up with that? It's a little like anyone who comes out with a better and tastier potato chip...sometimes they mysteriously vanish.
A distinction must be made between an energy source and an energy carrier. Air is not an energy source. For that air engine to work, one needs to compress that air, using an elecitricity- or fuel-driven compressor. Now, if the electricity used to compress the air comes from a dirty power plant (e.g. coal-fired), we're not achieving anything here. It has the same advantages as the electric car - it's only as clean as the electricity it uses.

I still hope that the electric car will achieve success in the near future. But it has to be coupled with clean electricity generation.

Anyway, Dion makes a good environment minister, but lacks the charisma to lead the party. It'll be interesting to see who becomes leader.