Bush refused to give green light to Israel proposal to bomb Iran?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You don't think the americans will support this? Most of them think that Suddam was a part of September 11. If you mention the middle east, iraq, iran, afghanistan or pakistan and the word 'bombing' i think you'll find two thumbs up. America doesn't have a clue of what is going on outside their borders (or inside!)

On another note, im bloody sick of Israel. full stop.

You don't think the americans will support this? Most of them think that Suddam was a part of September 11.

Given the lack of support for the war, no, I don't think most Americans are interested in letting Israel set the Middle East on fire.

America doesn't have a clue of what is going on outside their borders (or inside!)

You should visit. I'm sure any one of us would be happy to buy you a coffee and set you straight.

On another note, im bloody sick of Israel. full stop.

The feeling is mutual, I'm sure.

Yes im sure Israel is sick of me. I can see that! hahaha

And really the amount of stuff coming out of the US, doesn't fill me with confidence that you'll set me straight. I think blind and following along with anything as long as an R is next to it seems to be the way for a lot, thankfully not in FYM.
I have learnt many a thing from the libruls!

No one even pretends anymore that the Israel lobby isn't behind the effort to drag us into another Middle Eastern war. You don't have to be me, or Mearsheimer and Walt, to make this case: you have only to listen to the public pronouncements of Israel's leaders, who are openly demanding that either we strike, or else they will – perhaps, as has been suggested by Benny Morris, with nuclear weapons.

In the U.S., AIPAC, the scandal-rocked central command of Israel's amen corner, has come out of the shadows, where they remained during the run-up to the Iraq war, and taken the lead in calling for harsh sanctions and a military blockade of Iranian ports. Now we have this bipartisan ad hoc committee taking out full page newspaper ads and speaking in the implied names of both major party presidential candidates.

I had to laugh when I read, in the Journal op ed piece, that "Tehran's development of a nuclear bomb could serve as the ‘starter's gun' in a new and potentially deadly arms race in the most volatile region of the world. Many believe that Iran's neighbors would feel forced to pursue the bomb if it goes nuclear." Methinks the starter gun went off long off – sometime in the early 1960s, Israel having earlier procured the technology to make the Bomb from the French.

Iran: And the Beat Goes On- by Justin Raimondo

No one even pretends anymore that the Israel lobby isn't behind the effort to drag us into another Middle Eastern war.

But suggest that Lieberman is carrying water for AIPAC and somebody will call you an anti-Semite, that much you can count on.

I found this bit of the article interesting -

The people are awakening, but there is a danger in this: without leaders of their own, their rebellion is bound to be inchoate, undirected, and perhaps even violent. As Garet Garrett put it, anticipating this moment some sixty odd years ago:

"No doubt the people know they can have their Republic back if they want it enough to fight for it and to pay the price. The only point is that no leader has yet appeared with the courage to make them choose."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom