Bono on "Huckabee" Saturday night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2861U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
A heads-up: I just heard on Fox News that Bono will be Mike Huckabee's guest on his show on Saturday night at 8 Eastern. :up:

Why not? Maybe Bono will take a swing at ol' Huckster.

Or maybe they'll jam together for a 20-minute version of One!

I have seen on the Daily Show several times. He seems to be a decent person and real despite his political affiliations. Saddened to hear he is involved with FOX.

He also plays a real mean bass.

I have seen on the Daily Show several times. He seems to be a decent person and real despite his political affiliations. Saddened to hear he is involved with FOX.

He also plays a real mean bass.

A decent man would not have his political beliefs. Though compared to the current contenders for the GOP leadership he could be confused for the PM of Denmark.

Single issue activists piss me off.

His last statement was to Huckabee. Huckabee was telling Bono he should run for president and Bono said he couldn't but that Huckabee should because he would "bring the Regan like statesman that is so missing"

His last statement was to Huckabee. Huckabee was telling Bono he should run for president and Bono said he couldn't but that Huckabee should because he would "bring the Regan like statesman that is so missing"

I missed it, but if Bono wasn't being sardonic when he said that...Jesus. Just incredible how a man could change so much in 20 years (I realize he said Regan the Statesman and not Regan the politician, but still...)

Not saying I disliked the statement. Just sounded like something weird for Bono to say.

I guess that's just the polite thing to say to someone like Huckabee? To me, "Reagen-like statesman" is a pretty meaningless term.

Yes comrade, dissent must be crushed.

Now you may not believe this Vladamir but, it is possible to disagree with someone and still respect them. Besides, they are brothers in one very important sense. Faith.

Yes, well done.

It's spelt "Vladimir", that is also not my name.

(You ventured all the way out of your beloved FYM just to post that? :tsk:)

I'd like to think that Bono meant it was lacking in the way politicians have been behaving, but since they were speaking of running for the Presidency, it sounded like a dig to the current President. At least for me it did.

He should have just smiled. We do love that smile!

I hate seeing Bono have to suck up to crazies like Huckabee, but I understand why he does it. He gets the same politicians who have no problem with the poor getting screwed in the US to give to the poor in Africa. It's amazing that he accomplishes it!

can't. bear. the. arse. licking. seriously.

even if he meant it in a snide way underneath, it will be interpreted as some kind of really bizarre compliment!

The matter of whether someone like Bono (i.e., a popular entertainer) should arse-lick reactionary idiots like Huckabee and Jesse Helms is ultimately a matter only for Bono to determine. He obviously long ago decided that it benefitted his activism to pander to fools in order to reach a larger audience and avoid partisan divisions.

While I applaud Bono's bravery and consistency in doing this, I also don't like it. It turns me off him, frankly.

Back
Top Bottom