Bizarre kids names?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, Cherin. I cant quite think of you the same anymore.
:tsk:

:wink:

Mine are December 20 and 31, and we were asked continually how that happened. All I can say is early babies, May wedding anniversary.
:shrug:

I used to know a girl who's middle name was R. It didn't stand for anything, just R. She said her parents thought it was a cool looking letter with a neat sound. :huh:

forbonou2 said:
:wink: Hey I remember that Song!!! i loved it when it came out, vincent and sally!

Great! Not too many people outside Germany or Austria know that anymore. :)

Sue DeNym said:

Like Typhyneigh or Khrystynah? :yuck:

Oh dear GOD. That's truly terrifying. My 5 year old niece Lucy is at school with someone called Eahmillie. :madwife:They pronounce it 'Emily'. (I'm being serious.)

Lucy's baby sister is called Emily so she gets very confused by this.:ohmy:

bonocomet said:
I used to know a girl who's middle name was R. It didn't stand for anything, just R. She said her parents thought it was a cool looking letter with a neat sound. :huh:

I've seen many of these. People with no middle name will often pick up a letter b/c certain forms, etc give you trouble if you try to leave the middle initial field blank.

Liesje said:

I've seen many of these. People with no middle name will often pick up a letter b/c certain forms, etc give you trouble if you try to leave the middle initial field blank.

Yeah my hubby gets that. (He has no middle name) But that girls parents just named her middle name R. I thought it was weird to just choose for it to be that way!

bayou12780 said:
Moon Unit Zappa
Dweezil Zappa

now those are some great names... what are they doing now?

I don't know what they are doing but last Nov. when I was in Vegas I saw a cardboard cutout standee of Zowie Bowie in one of the hotel lobbies. Guess he's got a Vegas act goin' right now! :lol:

I had a night editor once whose name was Coral Beach. Her sister's name was Sandy.

I'm not even kidding.

Then there's a person who lives here, I'm assuming a woman, named Outta Cash. (Again, you can't make this stuff up.)

Then there's a friend of mine from growing up named Copper Nut.

Yes, I'm serious.

A friend of a friend is called Living Nightgown. Yes his parents are hippies.

Also my friends' kids are called:

Psalm (boy)
Moss (girl)
and for their little boy they gave him the middle name of Bamboo.

Last edited:
Trinity3000 said:
A friend of a friend is called Living Nightgown. Yes his parents are hippies.

Also my friends' kids are called:

Psalm (boy)
Moss (girl)
and for their little boy they gave him the
middle name of Bamboo.
:eek: :eek:LIVING NIGHTGOWN?
Living Nightgown? LIVING NIGHTGOWN????????????

That is just.... words fail me.

STOCKHOLM, Sweden (AP) - Metallica may be a cool name for a heavy metal band, but a Swedish couple is struggling to convince officials it is also suitable for a baby girl.

Michael and Karolina Tomaro are locked in a court battle with Swedish authorities, which rejected their application to name their six-month- old child after the legendary rock band.

"It suits her," Karolina Tomaro, 27, said Tuesday of the name. "She's decisive and she knows what she wants."

Although little Metallica has already been baptized, the Swedish National Tax Board refused to register the name, saying it was associated with both the rock group and the word "metal."

Tomaro said the official handling the case also called the name "ugly."

The couple was backed by the County Administrative Court in Goteborg, which ruled on March 13 that there was no reason to block the name. It also noted that there already is a woman in Sweden with Metallica as a middle name.

The tax agency appealed to a higher court, frustrating the family's foreign travel plans.

"We've had to cancel trips and can't get anywhere because we can't get her a passport without an approved name," Tomaro said.

What I hate is people who give their sons/daughters really common names, and then spell them in a stupid, offbeat way just to fuck up anyone who wants to write their name down in the future.

Top 20 Unusual Celebrity Baby Names

http://www.innocentenglish.com/celebrities-celebs/unusual-baby-names.html

1. Audio Science. Parent: Shannyn Sossamon

2. Blue Angel. Parent: The Edge

3. God’iss Love Stone. Parent: Lil’ Mo

4. Heavenly Hiraana Tiger Lily. Parent: Michael Hutchence and Paula Yates.

5. Jermajesty. Parent: Jermaine Jackson

6. Kal-el. Parent: Nicholas Cage.
(Kal-el is Superman’s birthname).

7. Memphis Eve. Parent: Bono

8. Messiah Ya'majesty. Parent: T.I. (Atlanta Rapper)

9. Moxie Crimefighter. Parent: Penn Gillette

10. O'shea. Parent: Ice Cube

11. O'shun. Parent: Tamika Scott (Xscape)

O’shitt. (Sooner or later, some celeb will use this for an unplanned kid).

12. Peaches Honeyblossom. Parent: Bob Geldoff

13. Pilot Inspektor. Parent: Jason Lee
(Gee, how can I really mess up my child without doing anything illegal? GOT IT!)

14. Poppy Honey. Parent: Jamie Oliver.

15. Reign Beau. Parent: Ving Rhames.
(I would make a joke here but Ving Rhames is a big dude. Great name, sir).

16. Seven Sirius. Parents: Andre Benjamin (Andre 3000) and Erykah Badu

17. Sy'rai. Parent: Brandy

18. Starlite Melody. Parent: Marisa Berenson

19. Spec Wildhorse (son) Parent: John Cougar Mellencamp

20. Tu. Parent: Rob Morrow
(“It sure is cloudy today Daddy.” “Don’t worry. The sun will come out, Tu Morrow”).

Last edited:
Seriously, in that list I think Blue Angel is the only name that is somewhat acceptable.

Whereas you could say that Memphis also is at least a common forename, so let's make it Memphis E. Hewson :)

bayou12780 said:

17. Sy'rai. Parent: Brandy

I don't think this one is all that unusual. It's a Hebrew form of Sarah. A friend of mine has this name, and it's spelled Sarai.

My name is not unusual at all - the only problem I've ever had is some people misspelling it. :huh: How hard is it to spell Sharon properly? :shrug:

Canadiens1160 said:
What I hate is people who give their sons/daughters really common names, and then spell them in a stupid, offbeat way just to fuck up anyone who wants to write their name down in the future.

I knew a Michael whose name was spelled "Miqel" - I swear I always read it as Miguel.

Yeah, it's not normal, but compared to some of the other names ;)

My name comes from a popular song, so I know how it is to hear people poking fun of the name, like I wrote on page 3 or so :)

i think blue angel is pretty cool.

my mom had to go and give me a hard name to pronounce and spell (icelle--->pronounced e-sell)

at work, my name will always be butchered. one time some lady called me jezebel. for a minute i felt evil.

N.Z. couple can't name their son '4real'

June 21, 2007

WELLINGTON, New Zealand --New Zealand authorities have blocked a couple's bid to officially name their new son "4real," saying numerals are not allowed.

Pat and Sheena Wheaton said they decided to name their new baby "4real" shortly after having an ultrasound and being struck by the reality of his impending arrival.

"For most of us, when we try to figure out what our names mean, we have to look it up in a babies book and ... there's no direct link between the meaning and the name," Pat Wheaton told TV One on Wednesday. "With this name, everyone knows what it means."

But when the parents filed the name with New Zealand's Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages, they were told names beginning with a number were against the rules.

The government office has opened negotiations with the parents about the name under a policy that says all unusual names must be given case-by-case consideration.

"The name has not at this stage been rejected," Registrar-General Brian Clarke said in a statement Thursday. "We are currently in discussions with the parents ... to clarify the situation."

Clarke said the rules are designed to prevent names that are "likely to cause offense to a reasonable person." Satan and Adolf Hitler were proposed names that have been declined, he said.

If no compromise has been reached by July 9, the baby will be registered as "real," officials say.

New Zealand law requires all children born in the South Pacific nation to be registered with the Births, Deaths and Marriages registry within two months of birth

Back
Top Bottom