Biological sex and gender identity: differences and overlaps - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-17-2014, 06:11 AM   #226
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,773
Local Time: 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Russia has second worst suicide rate in the world | SOCIETY | The Moscow News



And people like Vlad are the reason for the suicides in Mother Russia?

Of course not. Not only does my philosophy recognize inherent biological sex as true human nature but also the dichotomous flesh/spiritual nature of man. The latter which gives us, ALL OF US, freewill.

Vlad of course must reject that.
Eh what exactly does this have to do with the rate of suicides amongst young trans kids in the US?
__________________

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:30 AM   #227
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,012
Local Time: 11:02 AM
What I find baffling about INDY's post is that I'm not from Russia, I have never set foot inside Russian borders and have never claimed to support the Russian government. That post had no point.

But I'm just going to safely assume he's trolling here.
__________________

__________________
Vlad n U 2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:47 AM   #228
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,773
Local Time: 01:32 AM
I just don't get the comparison... I mean, your post was on the consequences of the mental pressure on transgender teenagers, whom already suffer from a lot of peer pressure already and are likely bullied... what does that have to do with the amount of suicides in a country like Russia? Of which a lot are probably stupidity suicides due to badly homemade vodka, but that's a whole other case. As far as I can see it, the two things simply have nothing to do with each other?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:58 AM   #229
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,012
Local Time: 11:02 AM
A bit of salty jibe given I come from that region and speak the language, with the assumption that I don't recognise the vast problems facing Russia (and Eastern Europe as an extension) today? Otherwise, I really have no clue. It's not worth getting off topic for though.
__________________
Vlad n U 2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:51 AM   #230
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,475
Local Time: 07:32 PM
He's saying that, sure, it might be rough for TG American kids, but it's even worse to be a Russian.
__________________
Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:29 AM   #231
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,773
Local Time: 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
He's saying that, sure, it might be rough for TG American kids, but it's even worse to be a Russian.
I think life would be a tad difficult for us in Russia as well..
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:41 AM   #232
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,874
Local Time: 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
A bit of salty jibe given I come from that region and speak the language, with the assumption that I don't recognise the vast problems facing Russia (and Eastern Europe as an extension) today? Otherwise, I really have no clue. It's not worth getting off topic for though.
I think what he was trying to say was that if you're not going to blame yourself for the problems in Russia, then he shouldn't have to blame himself for the problems facing trans* youths.
__________________
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:14 PM   #233
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
I just don't get the comparison... I mean, your post was on the consequences of the mental pressure on transgender teenagers, whom already suffer from a lot of peer pressure already and are likely bullied... what does that have to do with the amount of suicides in a country like Russia? Of which a lot are probably stupidity suicides due to badly homemade vodka, but that's a whole other case. As far as I can see it, the two things simply have nothing to do with each other?
Vlad wants to blame others (folks like me) for the suicides of gender questioning youths. I'm no more the cause of their suicides than Vlad is of Russian suicides. Shame that the absurdity of both is lost to FYM.
__________________
INDY500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:46 PM   #234
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,664
Local Time: 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Vlad wants to blame others (folks like me) for the suicides of gender questioning youths. I'm no more the cause of their suicides than Vlad is of Russian suicides. Shame that the absurdity of both is lost to FYM.

It's a shame what's lost on you.
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:53 PM   #235
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,475
Local Time: 07:32 PM
Biological sex and gender identity: differences and overlaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Vlad wants to blame others (folks like me) for the suicides of gender questioning youths. I'm no more the cause of their suicides than Vlad is of Russian suicides. Shame that the absurdity of both is lost to FYM.


Yes you are.

You support politicians who actively work to destroy anyone in the LGBT community.

You are absolutely part of the problem.
__________________
Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:25 AM   #236
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,012
Local Time: 11:02 AM
Just for the record guys, I would like to confirm that I haven't lead any Russians to attempt suicide.
__________________
Vlad n U 2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:24 AM   #237
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,773
Local Time: 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Vlad wants to blame others (folks like me) for the suicides of gender questioning youths. I'm no more the cause of their suicides than Vlad is of Russian suicides. Shame that the absurdity of both is lost to FYM.
Actually, there is little absurdity in the first case. The main reason most LGBT youth kill themselves is because they cannot accept themselves, or others cannot accept them. And it's mainly the latter. So by keeping your views alive and supporting politicians who openly hate on LGBT people, yes, you do in fact contribute to them wanting to kill themselves. tolerance is all we're looking for here, rather than hatred and lack of understanding. Didn't you say something about compassion earlier?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:13 PM   #238
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Actually, there is little absurdity in the first case. The main reason most LGBT youth kill themselves is because they cannot accept themselves, or others cannot accept them. And it's mainly the latter. So by keeping your views alive and supporting politicians who openly hate on LGBT people, yes, you do in fact contribute to them wanting to kill themselves. tolerance is all we're looking for here, rather than hatred and lack of understanding. Didn't you say something about compassion earlier?
Sorry but that's BS. Suicide is always a tragedy but always a choice, an act of selfishness and cowardice that leaves those behind feeling guilty and feeling helpless and to to blame.

Am I equally at blame for the suicide rate among the chronically depressed and unhappy because I'm one happy SOB?

Humans have freewill. They have an intellect in which to overcome their genes, environment or emotions. But I know, it's mean to think people are ultimately responsible for their actions.

Off topic. All I have to say about that.
__________________
INDY500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:52 PM   #239
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
jeevey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Rue St. Divine
Posts: 4,095
Local Time: 08:32 PM
I think we can officially strike the claim to empathy.
__________________
jeevey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:15 PM   #240
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,874
Local Time: 07:32 PM
__________________

__________________
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com