Biological sex and gender identity: differences and overlaps - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-12-2014, 10:05 AM   #151
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,894
Local Time: 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
And what of the line between a cinematic farce about boys that stuff cucumbers down their spandex to enhance their manhood and the real-life farce of boys that tuck their junk to deny their manhood and demand that everyone play along?
Have you learned absolutely nothing at all in your time posting here?

I guess these are the consequences you were talking about. If gays were banned from marriage, or if Facebook hadn't offered options for self-identifying, maybe then trans* people wouldn't have the gall to try to play for their high school sports teams!
__________________

__________________
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:08 AM   #152
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,387
Local Time: 10:50 PM
Biological sex and gender identity: differences and overlaps

And whip them wrists when they crack! It'll do God's miracle and fix this learned behavior.
__________________

__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:29 AM   #153
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
And what of the line between a cinematic farce about boys that stuff cucumbers down their spandex to enhance their manhood and the real-life farce of boys that tuck their junk to deny their manhood and demand that everyone play along?

why do you care?
__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:32 AM   #154
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,731
Local Time: 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
And what of the line between a cinematic farce about boys that stuff cucumbers down their spandex to enhance their manhood and the real-life farce of boys that tuck their junk to deny their manhood and demand that everyone play along?
You're just trolling now to get a rise out of the rest of the posters in the thread, aren't you?
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:19 PM   #155
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,773
Local Time: 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Have you learned absolutely nothing at all in your time posting here?

I guess these are the consequences you were talking about. If gays were banned from marriage, or if Facebook hadn't offered options for self-identifying, maybe then trans* people wouldn't have the gall to try to play for their high school sports teams!
The audacity of those weird freaks trying to be themselves!!! How dare they crawl out of the shadows and let people know they exist! Our world was far better off pretending everyone fits the decades old male/female patterns.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:48 PM   #156
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Our world was far better off pretending everyone fits the decades old male/female patterns.
That does seem to be the gist of it.
__________________
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:18 PM   #157
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,773
Local Time: 04:50 AM
The most powerful fear is fear of the unknown. And usually that fear turns to hatred. It's pretty much the source of most phobia's we have. Though I still find it weird calling it a phobia when it's really just people being assholes, but ah well...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:39 PM   #158
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salome View Post
Instead of trading movie stills, this is the post you might want to address.
Did ya bother to read the article?

Quote:
Patrick Cordova-Goff, 17, who goes by Pat, is a member of the cheer squad and student body president.
Apparently life as a teenage transgender in California is not that lonely?
__________________
INDY500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:42 PM   #159
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
The audacity of those weird freaks trying to be themselves!!! How dare they crawl out of the shadows and let people know they exist! Our world was far better off pretending everyone fits the decades old male/female patterns.
Decades? Millenniums would be more accurate.
__________________
INDY500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:48 PM   #160
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
The most powerful fear is fear of the unknown. And usually that fear turns to hatred. It's pretty much the source of most phobia's we have. Though I still find it weird calling it a phobia when it's really just people being assholes, but ah well...
We should ask the girl he displaced on the team who the asshole is.
__________________
INDY500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:55 PM   #161
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
why do you care?
Allegedly he had to sue to get on the team so he probably can't hit his own weight but suppose he's awesome and set's a new CA girl's softball homerun record. Should there be an asterisk by his name in the record book?

What if his team wins the state championship and other schools around the state feel the need to start recruiting male "ringers" to compete? First one, then two, then three, then four.

Should he be allowed to play college girl's softball and if so take a scholarship away from a female?

Should he be allowed to play female softball in the Olympics?

When would this become a farce for you?

Anyone?
__________________
INDY500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:09 PM   #162
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 10:50 PM
Is this like when you try to blame me for African-American children born out of wedlock?
__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:30 PM   #163
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,048
Local Time: 02:50 PM
I get where INDY's coming from (though I don't agree with him) - if Pat walks into this team, and starts absolutely dominating, setting all sorts of records and the like - because males are stronger in most sports (I'm not trying to come off anti-women or anything here, but I think we can all agree here that for example that it is likely that no woman is going to break Usain Bolt's 100m record anytime soon), then I can see how a lot of people would think that is unfair.
__________________
cobl04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:32 PM   #164
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
jeevey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Rue St. Divine
Posts: 4,095
Local Time: 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Allegedly he had to sue to get on the team so he probably can't hit his own weight but suppose he's awesome and set's a new CA girl's softball homerun record. Should there be an asterisk by his name in the record book?

What if his team wins the state championship and other schools around the state feel the need to start recruiting male "ringers" to compete? First one, then two, then three, then four.

Should he be allowed to play college girl's softball and if so take a scholarship away from a female?

Should he be allowed to play female softball in the Olympics?

When would this become a farce for you?

Anyone?
So... the most important thing about this young person's life is sports?
__________________
jeevey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:36 PM   #165
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Allegedly he had to sue to get on the team so he probably can't hit his own weight but suppose he's awesome and set's a new CA girl's softball homerun record. Should there be an asterisk by his name in the record book?

What if his team wins the state championship and other schools around the state feel the need to start recruiting male "ringers" to compete? First one, then two, then three, then four.

Should he be allowed to play college girl's softball and if so take a scholarship away from a female?

Should he be allowed to play female softball in the Olympics?

When would this become a farce for you?

Anyone?
So, again, it sounds like you just want this kid to stop playing around and act like a man.

And again, you leave me wondering where your previously mentioned empathy comes into play. The more you speak on this topic, the more that 'individual empathy' sounds like lip service.
__________________

__________________
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com