Bill Maher-Victim Of Religious Discrimination? - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #76
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:35 PM
Really? It's not just all said with a tongue planted firmly in the cheek?

Old 01-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #77
Blue Crack Distributor

people do, indeed. not sane people, but people do. people also think rick santorum could make a good president. probably the same people who think tebus is winning because he believes in jeezaaas.

and the thing about the refs names matching the 4 gospels is a load of bull crap.

the officials? Ron, Rich, Julian, Gary, Scott, Ronald and Richard.

it really is nothing against tebow, but the hysteria around him is nauseating. he competed 10 passes the entire game. what, jesus was busy during the first, third and fourth quarters, when he was horrendous?

mike singletary used to coach the 49ers. he wore his religion on his sleeve just as much as tebow. he'd wear a giant cross around his neck on game days. he was fired last year, 'cause his team didn't win. the next year, the 49ers are 13-3 and have the #2 seed in the NFC. i suppose jesus likes tebow more than singletary.

Old 01-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #78
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:35 AM
tim tebow is a class act. his jesus fans are wankers.

/discussion
Old 01-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #79
ONE
love, blood, life

People are crazier than I thought
Old 01-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #80
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Really? It's not just all said with a tongue planted firmly in the cheek?
Having grown up in a conservative evangelical type community...yes. People do commonly attribute every little thing to Jesus/God or lack thereof. It's often disturbing and infuriating to live in this community....
Old 01-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:35 PM
The gospel and ref thing had to been a joke on the radio then. For the few seconds I listened before plugging my iphone in, that's what they were talking about.

People are talking about the 316 yards though and putting it next to John....again sure most of it is tongue in cheek....but people will grasp for anything to justify their faith in Tebow/Jesus
Old 01-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #82
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
tim tebow is a class act. his jesus fans are wankers
I like that post. He's been great for sports talk radio (and every sports tv channel) to latch onto, and maybe the climate of the country right now is seeking something that ultimately doesn't even have anything to do with religion. It's like the GOP flavor of the month but it's just lasted longer.

Not living in that part of the country that focuses more on the religious aspect, all I get is guys on sports talk radio who have to drag in that he's a virgin and all kinds of unrelated jokes. And of course that he sucks as a QB. It drives some of them nuts that he's still in it as of yesterday, then again everything drives those guys nuts.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:32 PM   #83
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I like that post.
thanks, i was worried.

tim tebow loves him some jesus. but HE doesn't wham it down my throat. he deserves so much more respect than he gets, because god is his life...but he won't go nuts making it mine.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #84
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
thanks, i was worried.

tim tebow loves him some jesus. but HE doesn't wham it down my throat. he deserves so much more respect than he gets, because god is his life...but he won't go nuts making it mine.
I just appreciate that you called him a class act, and that you can see what you said in your second post there ^. Some people think he is whamming it down their throats just by saying what he says. I think to be a follower/fan of him just because of Jesus, if that's what you mean by Jesus fans, is foolish. Just like making any connection between God, faith and all of that and the outcome of a football game.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #85
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:35 PM
"Oh, it's still a good sign by any standard."

I enjoyed the heck out of that game. As any football fan not from Pittsburgh would have. But I have to admit, when I heard that 316 yard stat after the game... I got a really big grin on my face.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #86
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:35 AM
I'm sure he's a lovely gent (despite wanting to tell me what I can and can't do with my uterus), but I'm more miffed that we're talking about this quarterback instead of Aaron Rodgers, who, you know, actually plays amazingly well for an entire game, not just a quarter.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:13 AM   #87
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Not living in that part of the country that focuses more on the religious aspect, all I get is guys on sports talk radio who have to drag in that he's a virgin and all kinds of unrelated jokes.
I love that people still think that's something to make fun of . I don't care about anyone's sex lives, I really fail to understand why other people do care.

I've had a few people buy Tim's book where I work, but I don't know if he has quite the following here he might elsewhere. The only football teams anyone I know follows are the Packers (mostly that team) or Vikings (or Dolphins fan, in the case of my mom).
Old 01-10-2012, 08:58 AM   #88
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
"Oh, it's still a good sign by any standard."

I enjoyed the heck out of that game. As any football fan not from Pittsburgh would have. But I have to admit, when I heard that 316 yard stat after the game... I got a really big grin on my face.
Because you love Stone Cold Steve Austin or because it's a completely arbitrary number? Couldn't we take any number and assign it a bible passage?

OMG He had Luke 2:36 a few weeks back! What do you suppose that meant?
Old 01-10-2012, 09:33 AM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:35 PM
Don't forget one of the clouds formed a halo over Mile High during the game.....the facts just keep coming!!!
Old 01-10-2012, 10:24 AM   #90
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I'm more miffed that we're talking about this quarterback instead of Aaron Rodgers, who, you know, actually plays amazingly well for an entire game, not just a quarter.
I hear tons of talk about him and I don't live anywhere near Green Bay. That's the way everything goes with the media and some people. Short attention spans and onto the newest hottest thing. So the Tebow madness will die down eventually and we'll see if he actually proves himself, and improves himself. John Elway didn't even believe in him.