Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2012, 11:31 PM   #226
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean

It's not?
i think it is irresponsible to say you should ignore your doctors because your kid might be a charming successful pro athlete, yes. there is a difference between being open about it and making an ad that airs during the super bowl for a political lobbying group.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #227
Blue Crack Distributor

so is tim tebow a metaphor for the republican candidate in 2012? a bumbling dunce who still somehow manages to get the big W in the preliminary, get the christian right all into a tizzy, only to get blown out against the first formidable opponent?

Old 02-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #228
Blue Crack Addict

I think he better research every request thoroughly before he agrees to it. I'm also glad that I saved that Jockey pic before they took that off their site. I don't know if he asked them to, maybe had a change of heart about that. I think it was fine myself

I read that Kim Kardashian wants to date him. Run for your life Tim!

Supposedly Katy Perry wants to date him too. Lindsey Vonn. He's a chick magnet.

A spokesman for Tim Tebow says he's canceling an appearance at a revival organized by a controversial Ohio preacher.

The star Denver Broncos quarterback – and outspoken Christian – was scheduled to speak at a Columbus event in March led by televangelist Rod Parsley.

Tebow's brother Robbie said Wednesday he's cancelling the talk. Robbie Tebow says Tim's speakers' bureau hadn't researched the event before saying yes to the invitation.

Parsley teaches that God wants the faithful to be rich. Last year, he asked followers to donate more than $1 million to ward off satanic attacks. In the 2008 presidential election, Republican Sen. John McCain disowned an endorsement from Parsley after learning the pastor called Islam an "anti-Christ" religion.

A Parsley spokesman did not respond to a request for comment.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #229
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:50 PM
Old 02-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #230
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:50 PM
katy's parents would approve, at least.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #231
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Last year, he asked followers to donate more than $1 million to ward off satanic attacks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post

Uh, maybe you're just being willfully ignorant, BVS, but last I checked THERE WERE NO SATANIC ATTACKS LAST YEAR! So maybe instead of face palming, you should accept that his methods WORK
Old 02-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #232
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:50 PM
I'm facepalming because I can't believe Tebow turned down such a great opportunity.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:23 PM   #233
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Uh, maybe you're just being willfully ignorant, BVS, but last I checked THERE WERE NO SATANIC ATTACKS LAST YEAR! So maybe instead of face palming, you should accept that his methods WORK
this rock keeps tigers away!
Old 02-01-2012, 11:34 PM   #234
Blue Crack Supplier

Lisa, i would like to buy your rock.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #235
Blue Crack Addict

Jeremy Lin did it again on Tuesday night, this time saving the Knicks in Toronto.

nesn.com

Jeremy Lin Fuels Tim Tebow Comparisons With Another 'Miracle,' Says 'God's Fingerprints' Are All Over His Story

The breakout guard's 3-pointer with 0.5 seconds to play on the clock led the Knicks to another win and in the process, further enhanced Lin's growing legacy.

Naturally, Lin was the toast of the town on Wednesday morning in New York, giving the New York tabloids the chance to show off their best headline writing. The Metro went with "Bling!" while the New York Post opted for "Thrillin" with its own Lin pun.

The New York Daily News may have taken the cake with the "Lin and a Prayer" headline. That's the one that may fit Lin -- at least his postgame comments -- the best. Those are the same postgame comments that will continue to earn Lin comparisons to Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow.

"Anytime something like this happens," Lin said after the game, "a lot of stuff has to be put into place, and a lot of it is out of my control. If you look back at my story, doesn't matter where you look, but God's fingerprints are all over the place where there have been a lot of things that had to happen that I couldn't control.

"You can try to call it a coincidence," he added," but at the end of the day, there are 20, 30 things when you combine them all that had to happen at the right time in order for me to be here. That's why I call it a miracle. ... I think it's a miracle from God."

The real miracle, much like the Broncos' Tebow-led push to the playoffs, may be the Knicks' success since Lin has taken the reins. New York has now won six straight, with Lin playing at least 36 minutes in each and starting five of those contests.

The comparisons, however, may be limited to late-game magic and public professions of faith, as Lin continues to prove that he can certainly ball.

It's unclear when Lin's run will come to an end -- if it will at all -- but for now at least, the Harvard grad has the sports world captivated just like that Tebow guy.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #236
Blue Crack Distributor

el diablo!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:15 AM   #237
Blue Crack Addict

Almost on 3 16 too

I wish Tebow would come here. Would do nothing for the team but just to hear the talk radio guys nut out. It would be so entertaining.