Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:00 AM
freedom is the real sport!

Old 01-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #182
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500

My lack of knowledge of sports exposes my bigotry! Really? Only in the same way your
lack of sports knowledge exposes your antisemitism. How else to explain your failure to mention that not everyone thought positively of Sandy Koufax's decision to not pitch Game 1 of the 1965 World Series because the game fell on Yom Kippur?
Now can we stop silliness?

I remember the Abdul-Rauf incident, I just consider it a piss-poor comparison. Maybe you can tell us which NBA player, or any professional athlete, could sit in protest during the National Anthem and tell us the American flag "represents tyranny and oppression" and not be booed and his team pressured to take some type of action?
1)
2)
3)

Perhaps you could tell us why he was not supported by fellow Muslims in the NBA and in Colorado at the time.

And Olajuwon went on to win a gold medal for the U.S. Olympic team in 1996. I lived in Houston in the 80's during the Twin Tower Era and I can tell you that Hakeem Olajuwon is arguably the most revered professional athletic in Houston today. That's Houston, Texas !!

My bigotry? I think not. My bias? Yes. I think the United States is the most religiously diverse, tolerant and therefore freest in the history of the world. Expect my posts to reflect that sentiment.
How long did you have to google to find the Koufax story? Good find though. I suppose now I'll have to tell my Jewish fiance that I can't marry her because you've proved that I'm anti semetic.

Olajuwon? One of my all time heros. Practices a different Islam than Abdul-Rouf. Jabbar? Changed religions to avoid the war. Gigantic hypocrite. Good examples.

Carlos Delgado played in new york, land of 9/11, and was never booed for his beliefs, which included not standing for the national anthem due to his protest of US bombing practices in Puerto Rico. I had his jersey.

I'm a Christian. I find Tim Tebow's views on abortion to be deplorable.

I also believe that Jesus obviously has a man crush on Tom Brady, considering how badly the Pats are crucifying the Broncos.

Mahmoud Abdul-Rouf was shunned by the Denver crowd because of his religious beliefs. Tebow is beloved.

Tebow blows. He's awful. God has nothing to do with what he does in the football field. God doesn't give a shit who wins a football game

Old 01-14-2012, 10:32 PM   #183
The Male

Local Time: 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon
When the Broncos get smacked around this weekend, I'll take note of how Tebow reacts.
Keeping an eye out.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:38 PM   #184
Blue Crack Addict

You're missing the point. It's about who is the most free. It's America. And inside of America, the league leader in freedom, Indiana is third! The Internet told me so. espn.com/usa/league-leaders. It's right there. We lead the league in freedom. So much freedom. Seriously, there is no bigotry, ever.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #185
Blue Crack Distributor

Jesus took the over.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:16 PM   #186
Blue Crack Distributor

Jesus is well aware, being the all knowing, of what Rt. 1 is like after a game, thus allowed the disciple Tim Tebowitz to get blown out so badly so that He could beat the traffic.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:32 PM   #187
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:00 PM
So why no kneel down after this game?

Nice kid which actually does make it hard to kind of see him do so poorly, but he just isn't a good QB. Maybe he'll have a good offseason and improve. I don't see it though.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:25 AM   #188
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan1977 View Post
Why do I have a feeling that this has more than a little something to do with it?

For many Americans, patriotism is a big deal.
Patriotism is fine. Be proud of your country all you want.

But the same people in that story Headache shared that claim to be so patriotic should probably realize that the very freedom they value is the same freedom that allows men like Abdul-Rauf to sit during "The Star-Spangled Banner" (the lyrics of which I guarantee most "patriotic" Americans probably couldn't sing half of if they tried). Everyone's got their reasons why they sit out things like that, doesn't mean they're any less patriotic for it, and I think many people would do well to remember this. They're entirely free to disagree with his actions all they wish, but he's free to do what he wants, too.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:41 AM   #189
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
How long did you have to google to find the Koufax story?
I'm 51. Have every Topps baseball card from '66 to 75 and devour the history of the sport. I'm no Bob Costas but I can hold my own when it comes to baseball trivia and general knowlege. The only thing I had to google was how to spell Yom Kippur. I wanted to spell it Kuiper.*

Quote:
I'm a Christian. I find Tim Tebow's views on abortion to be deplorable.
Other than the Super Bowl commercial I couldn't tell you his views on abortion.

Quote:
Mahmoud Abdul-Rouf was shunned by the Denver crowd because of his religious beliefs. Tebow is beloved.
Abdul-Rouf was shunned for his belief that America is a tyrannical country. But if you need to feel our stadiums are packed with religious bigots go right ahead.

Quote:
Tebow blows. He's awful.
His résumé says different. Tonight the entire team was awful. We'll see.
Quote:
God has nothing to do with what he does in the football field.
His natural talents are God-given and obviously his strength, drive and inspiration derive from his faith.
Quote:
God doesn't give a shit who wins a football game
I don't remember saying anything to the contrary so finally we can agree.

* semi-obscure baseball reference, do you have to google it?
Old 01-15-2012, 01:41 AM   #190
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500

Other than the Super Bowl commercial I couldn't tell you his views on abortion.
other than his assertion that medically endangered pregnant females should give birth on the off chance they survive and the kid is an nfl quarterback, i couldn't tell you his views on abortion.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #191
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
So why no kneel down after this game?
I don't know why he didn't do it or if he doesn't do it after losses. Personally I don't think it matters at all or is a requirement from me in order to somehow prove himself, I just don't get holding the guy to such an exacting standard. But this is what he said

“I pray before games, during games, and after games,’’ the Broncos quarterback said after New England’s defenders had chased him around their playpen as if he were a pet beagle in their 45-10 victory, Denver’s worst playoff loss since their 55-10 smackdown by the 49ers in Super Bowl XXIV more than 20 years ago. “Regardless of whether I win, whether I lose, whether I’m the hero or goat, I still honor the Lord.’’

Jesus didn't f Tim Tebow over last night, Tom Brady did. And there WAS an apparition at Gillette, it was the Pats defense. I respect how Tebow has handled himself and all the crazy attention and hype and that respect has zero to do with his religious beliefs or how he expresses them. For such a young guy he has handled it all well so far. We'll see if any of his teammates call him out anonymously in a newspaper as being lazy and entitled and call for a new (old) QB.

If anyone noticed, Focus on The Family had an ad during the Pats Broncos game with a John 3:16 theme, Tebow had nothing to do with it. NFL rules probably prohibit that, I don't know. What everyone should be talking about is the Saints/SF game, that was insane. I just feel badly for Brees.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #192
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:00 AM
Now the New Orleans-San Francisco game was something else, exciting even for a non football fan. Both Tebow and the Saints lost. Message there? Nope.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:10 PM   #193
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:00 AM
I don't recall ever seeing or hearing anything about Brees being a Christian.

Therefore, sounds like he got about what he deserved.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:14 AM   #194
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
other than his assertion that medically endangered pregnant females should give birth on the off chance they survive and the kid is an nfl quarterback, i couldn't tell you his views on abortion.
So that's the Tebow family message after distillation with FYM nuance and reason?
Old 01-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #195
Blue Crack Distributor

I believe in the Book of Eli.