Refugee

Local Time: 11:10 AM
If heat waves and cold waves can all be attributed to Climate Change,

well then, the climate lobby is pretty clever

Old 02-11-2010, 08:30 PM   #497
Blue Crack Supplier

i just looked outside, and it was dark.

i can only assume the sun has been destroyed.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:20 PM   #498
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:10 AM
Hot Air � Blog Archive � Breitbart TV looks back on Byrd, Boxer, Klobuchar blaming lack of snow on AGW

Quote:
Earlier today, MS-NBC and Time Magazine tried to argue that the massive amounts of snow hitting the mid-Atlantic region somehow proves anthropogenic global-warming (AGW) theory, but it wasn’t that long ago that Democrats in Congress blamed AGW for the relative lack of snowfall in the same region, as well as in Minnesota. Breitbart TV and Naked Emperor News plays a Greatest Hits compendium of quotes from 2005 through 2008 from Senate Democrats Barbara Boxer, Robert Byrd, Amy Klobuchar, and Jay Inslee explaining that the lack of snow was predicted by the AGW climate models and represented an emergency requiring immediate action by the federal government.
Quote:
I suspect that seeing the sun rise in the east somehow would convince these people of global warming, or at least of the need to seize the means of energy production, which is really the point. Too much snow, too little snow, snow that doesn’t form pretty crystals, and bent snow shovels all would meet the climate models — mainly because the climate models are so unreliable that pretty much any kind of weather can be claimed as evidence.
http://blip.tv/play/hJNRgcS7EQI%2Em4v
Old 02-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #499
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
A heat wave in Rio this time of year is normal.
Just like cold weather is common in the northern hemisphere this time of year?
Old 02-11-2010, 10:22 PM   #500
Refugee

Local Time: 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Just like cold weather is common in the northern hemisphere this time of year?
Yep!
Old 02-11-2010, 10:31 PM   #501
Blue Crack Addict

OK, as long as we agree on that, then I have no issue. Seasonal weather is no argument for or against climate change.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:39 PM   #502
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i just looked outside, and it was dark.

i can only assume the sun has been destroyed.
Those poor scientists at the Climate Research Unit at the University of East Anglia have really got a job ahead of them in that case. Micheal Mann's "trick" to hide the decline of global temps may not cut it any more.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:51 AM   #503
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Those poor scientists at the Climate Research Unit at the University of East Anglia have really got a job ahead of them in that case. Micheal Mann's "trick" to hide the decline of global temps may not cut it any more.
We need to look at long term trends and discover more about the natural causes before we blame man for everything. That way the evidence is so strong it would be hard to believe something else.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:41 PM   #504
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Rare snowfall in Rome as cold snap grips Italy - Yahoo! News

Utah delivers vote of no confidence for 'climate alarmists' | Environment | guardian.co.uk
Old 02-12-2010, 09:43 PM   #505
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:10 AM
people do realise that quoting unusual weather events, either hot or cold, to suggest global warming climate change doesn't exist are shooting themselves in the foot, right?

my personal thoughts on it notwithstanding.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:39 AM   #506
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

You asked me what I meant by simpleton science and backwards logic the other day? Two great examples.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:28 AM   #507
Acrobat

Local Time: 12:10 PM
For me, the most powerful and obvious evidence that climate change is real, and having accelerated effects on our planet, is that it is being taken very seriously by the insurance industry worldwide. The insurance industry is not known to ally themselves with Greenpeace types, but they know the evidence and science is real. They are demonstrating such with their own future planning, underwriting, etc. They don't need any further convincing.

As for the rest of the industrialized world, they know it's real too. And they know that they can only keep the "chicken little" scam going for so long before even the must gullible among us figure out that the planet might be in real trouble. But, I think the plan is to keep denying the science, with the nearest approximation to a straight face that they can muster, while continuing to stuff as many dollars into their pockets as possible until it all collapses. This was the successful strategy of the tobacco industry for decades while millions died (as they just continued to "deny, deny, deny" while paying some "scientists" along the way to agree with them).

In the meantime, since this planet can absorb limitless amounts of pollution, without any negative consequences whatsoever, I propose that we celebrate this heavenly gift by arranging for an annual "World Pollution Day". We can coordinate our efforts to generate as much filth as we can in one spot and release it all at once. Cities can compete for the honor of having us (much like the Olympics). Any ideas for the first city? Salt Lake?
Old 02-13-2010, 02:05 PM   #508
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

This year's Climate Council in Denmark showed this city to be quite adept at handling extremely high volumes of (CO2 spewing) private plane and limousine traffic.

So I nominate Copenhagen.

Or perhaps Indianapolis where we're always racing high octane vehicles around in circles for no particular reason other than to go fast. And hundreds of thousands of people travel (and not by foot or cart) here to watch.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:38 PM   #509
Blue Crack Supplier

Copenhagen is a wonderful city. bountiful public transport, an attractive, bike-riding populace. i think you'd love it, INDY.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:42 PM   #510
Acrobat

Local Time: 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
This year's Climate Council in Denmark showed this city to be quite adept at handling extremely high volumes of (CO2 spewing) private plane and limousine traffic.

So I nominate Copenhagen.

Or perhaps Indianapolis where we're always racing high octane vehicles around in circles for no particular reason other than to go fast. And hundreds of thousands of people travel (and not by foot or cart) here to watch.
OK. I guess the anti-climate change folks are going bring up world leaders flying to Copenhagen as some sort of "evidence" of something for years to come. That seems analagous to someone seriously arguing that because George W. Bush didn't fly coach to/from his Texas ranch (instead of spending my tax dollars gassing up the Air Force One 747), while in the White House, as some sort of "evidence" that the federal government isn't too big and wasteful. You would not accept that silly suggestion as something meaningful on the discussion of the size of government would you?

So let's put that nonsense aside. What about the first two paragraphs of my post above? You didn't touch those issues at all. Are you not at least curious to wonder why the notoriously stingy insurance industry is banking their cash and future on the reality of climate change and its effects?