Banished Babies: the secret history of Catholic Ireland's baby export business

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jive Turkey said:
Cori, have you read any of his comments in other threads? The guy is a simpleton of the highest degree.

Let's not turn another thread into a referendum on other posters' good or bad traits, shall we?

All I am trying to do is clarify and discuss issues that I have first knowledge of.

Since you are into clarifying things today I'd like you to clarify the last bit of your sentence above. Did you mean to write firsthand knowledge?

I was just having a conversation with BVS and trying to clarify something I am familiar with and something that wasn't represented truthfully.

I took the issue further and tried to explain how arrangements were sometimes made and how situations handled. There was a certain pro-life line of thinking at the time. I took personal offense to the word 'sold'.

Why are BVS and Liesje so offended by my comments? I am speaking freely in a 'FYM' section. The people who handled these situations back in tha day were dealing with very heavy life issues. I actually think that they did a good job all things considered. Liesje if you give me one of these looks, :huh:, you are probably not used to dealing with heavy topics. I would suggest some dog grooming forum.

canedge said:
Liesje, discussing difficult life decisions is not crude and insensitive, it is discussing difficult life decisions.

Are you serious? Are you oblivious to what is being talked about? How is 'baby killer' discussing difficult decisions?

Anyone who has a point to make about the topic of "banished babies" please do so in this thread. Anyone who wishes to engage in slanging matches, please do so elsewhere.

Why are BVS and Liesje so offended by my comments? I am speaking freely in a 'FYM' section. The people who handled these situations back in tha day were dealing with very heavy life issues. I actually think that they did a good job all things considered. Liesje if you give me one of these looks, :huh:, you are probably not used to dealing with heavy topics. I would suggest some dog grooming forum.

OK, I know I'm not a mod so I'm probably stepping out of bounds here. But I feel the need to comment.

Just because the forum's name is Free Your Mind doesn't mean you can say whatever you want. There's rules here everyone has to follow.

As for Liesje, she can handle heavy topics very well. To say she should stick to a dog grooming forum is downright rude and nasty.

Weren't you suspended once before? Are you looking for that again?

canedge said:
But anything goes in FYM. We are talking about Religion for chrissakes. Arguably to some, the biggest scam in the history of humankind.

Your "baby killer" comment was completely out of line. Trying to talk your way out of it by telling other people they can't handle the conversation is only making the hole you're digging for yourself even deeper. I suggest you stop now.

When is this fucking clown going to get banned? He constantly tries to lure people in with complete nonsense and makes simple minded personal attacks when he's called on it. Contributes nothing of value. By far the biggest troll in the entire forum

Liesje, discussing difficult life decisions is not crude and insensitive, it is discussing difficult life decisions.

You don't know me, you don't know what I have been through or am going through, you don't know one fucking thing about me. If you want to kid around and push peoples' buttons for the fun of it, you aren't going to make any friends here or last very long. What the fuck do you think you know about difficult life decisions compared to me when you don't know anything about me because you've never asked, you just make comments that are crude and insensitive. FYM does not exist in a contextless vacuum. If you could wrap your mind around that you'd understand why your comment is downright cruel. "Anything" does not go anywhere on this forum because people here actually care about each other, get to know each other, have a legitimate conversation...

Back
Top Bottom