Baby refuseniks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And, in case anyone gives more of a fuck than I do, yes, I'd like to have children one day.

deep down, i always suspected that maybe you were a nice person.

now, we know you are a nice person. because you want to have kids. :)

you're not a mean person, like Martha, who doesn't want to have kids.

because life is like this.

What the?..deja vu

Anyway-I also think people might be more accepted for making a choice not to have kids than for not having them for whatever myriad of reasons (that it just doesn't work out for xyz). If you don't meet the right partner to be a parent with you well you have to be able to afford to do it on your own.

Seems like no matter what you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. I say I do want kids, and I want to adopt them, and then people tell me I just want attention for adopting a cute little baby that doesn't look like me. Geez, if I want an accessory, I get a Chihuahua in a handbag, not a screaming kid shitting runny poo up his back!

Irvine's cracking me up :lol:

Seriously, throwing the word "selfish" around against either point of view in this discussion is pretty ugly IMO.

You know, even if it were selfish to have or not have kids, so what???

What's the point, that the people accusing one camp or the other never act in a selfish manner? I don't have a telescope powerful enough to even see people like that as they preach from whatever moral high ground they are standing on.

And, frankly, if I'm going to ever be accused of being selfish, let it be because I was lucky enough to fall in love, marry someone and feel good enough about our relationship to bring a child or children into the world.

I don't think that would happen. Bono and Edge's love is pure, so our pets would surely live in harmony. :)

You know, even if it were selfish to have or not have kids, so what???

What's the point, that the people accusing one camp or the other never act in a selfish manner? I don't have a telescope powerful enough to even see people like that as they preach from whatever moral high ground they are standing on.

And, frankly, if I'm going to ever be accused of being selfish, let it be because I was lucky enough to fall in love, marry someone and feel good enough about our relationship to bring a child or children into the world.

Definitely.

And don't get me wrong, my "selfishness" comments come from a defensive standpoint. I do not go on offense and present my argument without being attacked first, or in the context of the OP's article they posted.

Mark

not a screaming kid shitting runny poo up his back!

When it's your own screaming kid, it's not so bad. Especially because the runny poo doesn't really stink. They don't get the stink until they start eating regular food and then it's generally pretty solid.

But that's way the hell more information than anyone here wanted, isn't it. . .

:reject:

:)

Really though, on the topic of over-sharing, I'll take the diapered baby with non-stinky poo over a diapered US senator. :barf:

It's all TMI.

Back
Top Bottom