Australian federal election: 7 September - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #271
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:26 AM
I really wasn't up to watching anybody's speeches tonight, but yeah, Kevin Rudd had his experiment. Fuck off, Kevin. Your purpose has been served. There will be no valedictories.

(said while acknowledging that in a brute numbers sense it maybe won't be as bad as it could be, certainly not a bloodbath, but Kevin, you were in this to win, that was the only possible justification for your shite over the last three years. The only possible justification for that was victory. Fuck off.)

Old 09-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #272
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:26 AM
This is an awful, shameful night.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #273
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Rudd served his purpose. He won the '07 election. Good stuff. Was found to be an incompetent, egotistic leader so Gillard stepped in to provide the productive leadership Australia needed. Things got done, Australia became a better place to live in, but she was a woman and a liar, but not just any liar - a JULIAR!!!!

She couldn't win the election, but maybe Rudd was good for one-thing, winning elections. Obviously not. A lame campaign against a flaccid Liberal Party. Good riddance to him, he failed at what I thought he was good at.

Who to lead Labor now? Shorten preferred I suppose, But I do wish Combet had wanted to stay in the game. Maybe Kelly? Plibersek?
Old 09-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #274
Vocal parasite

I am absolutely seething. It's not just that the Coalition won. They're pretty vile of course, but y'know they're going to win elections here and there. They currently reign in Victoria and, while it sucks, the state hasn't completely collapsed yet. After the Kennett years, Baillieu/Napthine has been a relative breeze. The staggering thing is that Tony fucking Abbott won.

I mean, jesus christ, if you'd told me six years ago that Tone would not only be the Liberals leader but that he would take them to a convincing victory, I would suggest you're a complete moron who needs to visit an asylum. Watch any Aussie political satire like old Chaser episodes from 2006-07 and you can see how he was viewed as a colossal joke, an extremist who nobody could ever take seriously. I cannot fathom how he managed to get to where he is and persuade enough complete flogs to vote for him. It would be one thing if Malcolm Turnbull or another level-headed individual had led this victory, but Tone? This is a shit-stain upon Australia. I've never been more embarrassed to be a citizen of this country.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #275
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:26 PM
Did people expect Rudd to do much better in the election than Gillard? Otherwise I don't see why they ousted her.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #276
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Evidently somebody - the caucus at least - did expect him to do better. I am not sure I was ever convinced either way.

Tony is... I'm not sure what Tony is. A DLP cold warrior, certainly. The zombie persona is his version of covering that. But where he fits within his own party... it's the rest of them who worry me, and why the senate is critical.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #277
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJT View Post
Did people expect Rudd to do much better in the election than Gillard? Otherwise I don't see why they ousted her.
Yep. There was a general fear that Gillard would lead to an electoral wipe-out. Queensland and western Sydney looked completely fucked (at one stage I predicted the ALP could lose every seat in Queensland apart from Griffith), and she was ousted in the wake of a series of polls that showed seats in Victoria previously considered utterly safe were under serious threat.

Whether it was an advisable move or not in light of tonight's abominable result will be debated for years I'm sure.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #278
War Child

I voted Green and preferenced Labor. I work for the Leighton’s/Downer constructors on the regional rail project which was funded by federal Labor. The conalition will halt all further rail projects and stick to their knitting which is roads only.

With the conalition cutting foreign aid, it will be interesting to see Bono’s reaction when he comes to Australia next.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:34 PM   #279
Vocal parasite

Welcome to the first morning of 1953 everybody.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-07-2013, 11:43 PM   #280
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:56 AM
Everything has turned grainy and/or sepia.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:57 PM   #281
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Ah come on, it's not that bad, at least I can get more done now that I'm moving double-time like in a very early newsreel.

I jest, of course. Now let's see the internal battle between Catholic Cold Warrior Tony and Free Market Tony seep out like whisky from a broken barrel.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:16 AM   #282
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:56 AM
Alright Ax, where's a good place in NZ I can move to?
Old 09-08-2013, 02:31 AM   #283
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Alright Ax, where's a good place in NZ I can move to?
Alas, you've got to get rid of John Key's government first before you can set up somewhere pretty!

I keep thinking "maybe I should look more closely at jobs in New Zeala- oh yeah John Key".

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-08-2013, 02:40 AM   #284
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:56 AM
I was thinking 'gee maybe I should move to the UK' but then I remembered The Smug Posh Shit aka David Cameron is there.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:27 AM   #285
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Not all of us can hop the country when the wrong guy gets in.

Tags
australia, australian politics, kevin rudd, tony abbott