Ask the Daughter of Lesbians

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Irvine511 said:

my parents have role-modeled heterosexuality for my entire life.

:shrug:

Mine have role-modeled being short for my entire life, and yet I turned out a lot taller than both of them. :shrug:

I figured, what with all the prop8 discussion going on, I'd give this a bump and see if any of the people who think gay people shouldn't raise children have any questions for me.

really simple one. do you call both of your mothers "mom" or two different names.
Mama and Mommy. Apparently it was supposed to be "mommy" for my biological mother and "nonnie" (I have no idea why) for my non-biological mother but I wanted to call her Mama and that stuck. My little sister calls them both the same names I do.

I did know various friends that called their parents "mama sue" and "mama anne" or whatever, names obviously changed.

Apparently it was supposed to be "mommy" for my biological mother and "nonnie" (I have no idea why) for my non-biological mother

I wonder if it was a pun on the nonbiological part. :hmm:

(if so, I really love the humour! :lol: )

I just wanted to say that I think this is a GREAT thread, and I loved reading your story.

Personally I believe everyone can become everything, no matter what kind of "role model" their parents were.

Bravo to your moms! They have raised an articulate, intelligent and compassionate young woman. You are a blessing to our society! :applaud: :wave:

^ As having met miss Varitek last year in Philly and reading her posts on here about various issues, I can say that her parents did/doing an exceptional job with raising her! :applaud: to Mommy and Mamma.

My brother in law, I'm ashamed to admit, says openly on the Internet "2 moms is the very definition of a screwed up life." What say you to him?

Back
Top Bottom