Local Time: 09:50 AM
Maybe she could be Palin's VP

Old 06-28-2010, 05:09 PM   #467
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
aol news

(June 26) -- Comments by Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer that most illegal immigrants enter the United States to smuggle drugs rather than seek work have prompted a wave of criticism.

she is of course entirely wrong. the vast majority of illegal immigrants are not drug carrying extortionists. she must know this. which means she's lying.

New FBI Data Confirms Falling Crime Rates in Arizona | Immigration Policy Center

the truth of the matter is that most immigrants -- illegal or not -- come here very eager to exchange work for money. so the easier it is to get here legally, and the quicker we make those who are already here legal (about half of all "illegals" have simply overstayed their visas), the easier it will be to root out the one guy who's swallowed a condom filled with cocaine and has Osama Bin Laden's phone number scrawled on his left hand.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:12 PM   #468
Blue Crack Addict

I guess it doesn't even matter if she's wrong, because she's appealing to fear and stereotypes and it's working
Old 06-28-2010, 05:31 PM   #469
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:50 AM
Quote:
On the Governor's Facebook page, commenters described her as "gutsy",
Yeah, 'cause making racial stereotypes is a TOTALLY "gutsy" thing to do .

Quote:
and one called for her to run for president in 2012.
Ugh, yeah, how 'bout not (don't give the GOP any ideas, MrsSpringsteen! I shudder to think of THAT ticket)?

What an idiot.

Quote:
I guess it doesn't even matter if she's wrong, because she's appealing to fear and stereotypes and it's working
Of course. Because some people are stupid that way .

Angela
Old 06-28-2010, 05:57 PM   #470
She's the One

Local Time: 06:50 AM
Quote:
Maybe she could be Palin's VP
Old 06-29-2010, 01:17 PM   #471
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Yeah, 'cause making racial stereotypes is a TOTALLY "gutsy" thing to do .

Ugh, yeah, how 'bout not (don't give the GOP any ideas, MrsSpringsteen! I shudder to think of THAT ticket)?

What an idiot.

Of course. Because some people are stupid that way .

Angela
I am with you!

It takes no guts at all to pass a law that really changes nothing only to cash in on the fear and anxiety of the electorate.

And thats all this is, the last time illegal immigration came up was 2006. These people have no desire to actually solve the problem.

It takes no guts at all to do what most politicians do with a few exceptions.

It takes guts to be a cop, a soldier, a teacher, a firefighter, an every day working person facing the uncertainties about their jobs and families.

What do any of these politicians have to worry about?

Win or lose, they'll all be just fine.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #472
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2387 View Post

What do any of these politicians have to worry about?

Win or lose, they'll all be just fine.
Not completely true.

FOXNews.com - Car Crash Involving Mass. Lawmaker, Suspected Illegal Immigrant Heats Up Debate

Quote:
a suspected illegal immigrant allegedly crashed into a state lawmaker's car while driving drunk last week... police reports that show suspect Isaias Naranjo was arrested after crashing into state Rep. Mike Moran's car at 60 miles per hour and then bragging to police that they couldn't punish him.

According to the report, the suspect "just laughed, slurring that he was going to go back to 'my country' Mexico. 'Nothing is going to happen to me, man.'"

Though the suspect is being held after his blood alcohol content registered at .25, Massachusetts State Police spokesman David Procopio told FoxNews.com that state policy prohibits police from looking into the suspect's immigration status.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:36 PM   #473
She's the One

And they let drunk drivers go!!!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 08:04 PM   #474
Refugee

YouTube - THE BORDERS ARE QUITE SECURE. Congressman Pete Stark's Town hall meeting in Fremont CA

Way to go Cali.

37+ years for this fine representative.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:01 PM   #475
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
Cranky fella.

To be honest, I have no problem with taking a hard line against illegal immigration.

I do feel that it would be more effective to take a harder line against companies and individuals that hire illegal workers. When the jobs disappear so will much of the illegal immigration.

I also think that the argument that "they're stealing our jobs" is a lot of crap. They're doing the types of jobs that most Americans won't do, for pay that most Americans would consider far too low.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:19 PM   #476
Refugee

I was talking about their lives in general.

Mike Moran is a lawyer, I actually have run into him personally a few times, not a bad guy.

But he is a lawyer with a practice billing $100+ per hour, you think if he loses an election he won't be just fine?

That was my point. They all(or most of them) regardless of party, like to pretend they are principled and gutsy, etc when 90% of what they do requires no courage whatsoever and will not impact their quality of life at all.

Sure, you have the occasional profile in courage, but outside of that, a lot of hot air and very little personal risk/sacrifice.

The accident happened about a month ago, he's alright.

Got rear ended by an illegal drunk.

Is that your point?

Because 2 perfectly legal citizens just killed a Massachusetts State Trooper last week while driving drunk.

The cops wont be checking his status, but the Department of Corrections does as a routine matter. Thats why we know he's going back.

The fact is, if you are stopped in MA and are arrested, just like in AZ, it will be quickly ascertained if you are illegal or not.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:23 PM   #477
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
Cranky fella.

To be honest, I have no problem with taking a hard line against illegal immigration.

I do feel that it would be more effective to take a harder line against companies and individuals that hire illegal workers. When the jobs disappear so will much of the illegal immigration.

I also think that the argument that "they're stealing our jobs" is a lot of crap. They're doing the types of jobs that most Americans won't do, for pay that most Americans would consider far too low.
Stark is a long standing idiotic raving lunatic.

Good post!
Old 07-01-2010, 08:50 PM   #478
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
The Indiana Supreme Court upheld the state's voter identification law in a 4-1 decision Wednesday, saying the Legislature has the power to require voters to show a photo ID at the polls.

Wednesday's ruling is the latest decision in a string of lawsuits trying to overturn the politically charged 2005 law -- among the strictest in the nation -- but it may not bring an end to the challenges.

Critics of the law said it would keep some poor, older and minority voters from casting ballots. The Indiana Democratic Party challenged the law in federal court, saying it violated the U.S. Constitution. But the nation's highest court upheld the law by a 6-3 vote in April 2008.
Related in that the usual crowd of victimology-peddlers, grievance-mongers, ACLU lawyers and community organizers (aka, liberals) now barking so loud about Arizona 1070 reflexively called the Indiana law fascist, racist and discriminatory as well.

Hang in there Arizona. When the Blame America Corps is marching against you it can only mean you're doing the right thing.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:38 PM   #479
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
When the Blame America Corps is marching against you
Old 07-01-2010, 10:16 PM   #480
She's the One

I love how when we question the way our country handles things, we're not patriotic.

It's just too easy, INDY. Do you cut and paste, or do you type it out yourself for a more authentic feel?