Arizona bill 1070 - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2010, 07:59 AM   #166
She's the One

Local Time: 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2387 View Post
Well, it happens I guess, but I don't think it happens with the vast majority of police officers. Most of them want to do their job in good faith and go home at the end of the day.
Of course not. But it does happen. Darryl Gates just died. Anybody who lived in SoCal during his tenure knows what can happen.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:07 AM   #167
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
What should he do?

um, how about talk American!

Old 04-29-2010, 11:08 AM   #168
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
So hospitals, clinics, insurance companies, government aid agencies, pharmacies and doctors can ask for your "papers"... but not policemen in the coarse of their normal duties.

why do you love the government so much and give it so much power?
Old 04-29-2010, 12:24 PM   #169
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:18 AM
Government just needs to stay out of white people's lives. If you're not white, you need to prove you're truly an American citizen.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:11 PM   #170
Refugee

Quote:
Of course not. But it does happen. Darryl Gates just died. Anybody who lived in SoCal during his tenure knows what can happen.
Sure. Not disagreeing.

It was my point that it was a lot more common years ago- say right around the long, long tenure of Daryl Gates as LA Police Commissioner.(late 70s, 80s, early 90s, correct?)
Old 04-29-2010, 05:26 PM   #171
Refugee

Quote:
So hospitals, clinics, insurance companies, government aid agencies, pharmacies and doctors can ask for your "papers"... but not policemen in the course of their normal duties.
...Airlines, rental car companies, liquor stores, the DMV, the Royal Canadian Mounties, etc, etc.

I'm personally offended when these institutions ask for my papers.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:09 PM   #172
Refugee

Local Time: 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
...Airlines, rental car companies, liquor stores, the DMV, the Royal Canadian Mounties, etc, etc.

So, you equate undertaking some kind of business transaction where money is changing hands to the right to walk down the street without someone questioning your right to be there ?

I haven't read every page of this thread but the hypocrisy is astounding, I mean this country was founded upon the principle of illegal immigration
Old 04-29-2010, 06:12 PM   #173
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:18 AM
Quote:

Are you going this path full time now?

This issue has been answered, a DL is not the same, and you don't need legality to get a DL(and Bush was a proponent of this)...

I'm personally offended by this ignorance, and I don't even know anymore if it's willful or not.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:32 PM   #174
Blue Crack Addict

Arizona Immigration Law Could Cost State Major League Baseball's All-Star Game; Some Push Boycotts - ABC News

Arizona's passage of a controversial anti-immigration law could cost the state Major League Baseball's All-Star Game, potentially depriving an already battered economy of millions of dollars.

A New York congressman who called for the league to move the 2011 game from Phoenix is the latest person to push for an economic boycott against the state in protest of the new law. Companies have been pulling conferences out of Arizona resorts while others have suggested consumers shun companies, such as US Airways, that are based in the state and have yet to condemn the the law.

"I think that when people, states, localities make decisions this monumental, they should know the full consequence of that decision," Rep. José E. Serrano, D-N.Y., said. "I think Major League Baseball, with 40 percent Latino ballplayers at all levels, should make a statement that it will not hold its All-Star Game in a state that discriminates against 40 percent of their people."

The 40 percent figure could not be independently confirmed and a spokesman for Major League Baseball said the league had no comment at this time.

The 2009 game generated an estimated $60 million for St. Louis, according to the St. Louis Regional Chamber & Growth Association. New York's economy generated an estimated $150 million the year before, according to New York City's Economic Development Corp.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:57 PM   #175
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:18 AM
Quote:

Indiana is one of the few states that requires a state issued picture ID to vote.

And yes, that was called unconstitutional (until it was upheld).

And yes, it was called racist by Democrats and the professional victim industry. But no surprise there.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:03 PM   #176
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:18 PM
Quote:
Indiana is one of the few states that requires a state issued picture ID to vote.

And yes, that was called unconstitutional (until it was upheld).

And yes, it was called racist by Democrats and the professional victim industry. But no surprise there.
so because another state did something not remotely similar, this is ok?

this wasn't a bad debate until the clowns got sent in.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:37 PM   #177
Refugee

Quote:
Yes, and this is similar to the Arizona law how?

I am not questioning the constitutionality of voter ID laws, I really never have.

The question I have always asked is "what, practically, is this attempting to solve?"

In most states, you already have to show 2 forms of identification to register to vote in the first place.

Its a solution in search of a problem.

Find me an objective source that says illegal aliens are voting in any significant numbers. If they're afraid to report crimes(which can be done anonymously) then they are not about to go in and try and vote with a false name.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:54 PM   #178
She's the One

Local Time: 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2387 View Post
Sure. Not disagreeing.

It was my point that it was a lot more common years ago- say right around the long, long tenure of Daryl Gates as LA Police Commissioner.(late 70s, 80s, early 90s, correct?)
Yes.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:06 AM   #179
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Government just needs to stay out of white people's lives. If you're not white, you need to prove you're truly an American citizen.
Post like this are uninformed along Irvine's opening post.

You guys don't live here in Az-I do.

Illegal is beholden to no race.

We just arrested a French Canadian with 3 outstanding warrants w ICE.

We deported him. He was pulled over during a routine traffic stop and could not produce a DL, which led to further questioning-which led to his deportation. As I stated earlier: Illegal is beholden to no race.

Also, Az. being next to Mexico which has a porous border, Phx. is the ranked 3rd in the world for kidnapping, we've pleaded w the Fed Govt to do something for years and they haven't, therefore-we were forced to do something.

Further 3 policeman have been killed recently by illegal aliens, have you thought about the families of the policemen?

Also, a rancher in So. Az was killed by a drug cartel member from Mexico recently- where the rancher was only trying to provide water for the suspect.

We are pro immigration here: Legal Immigration.

So, I suggest we quit w/the vitriol here and calmly reason w one another-civilly.

Interestingly other states are starting to adopt similar legislation to Az.

There is nothing wrong w law and order and civility. Lastly, understand that the law enforcement in Az. are very professional, and sensitive to the issues. I am friends w several prosecutors in this state and law enforcement professionals as well.

If you're here illegally, work on ways making yourself legal-it's just that simple.

<>
Old 04-30-2010, 12:13 AM   #180
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Neither did Seal Beach.
So, was Steve being "profiled"?

<>