anyone work or have a degree in politics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlexHamilton

The Fly
Just curious, since all the discussion in this forum seems to center around politics. Do any of you work in government or a related field? Do any of you have political science or law degrees?

Both professions that I have had since college have had extensive direct contact with government agencies, but no I have never worked personally for the government, but have a few politicians and government workers on all sides of the aisle in my family and friends.

I'm a federal LEO, I wont say which agency. Minored in political science in college.

I'm currently majoring in criminal justice, and starting to think about maybe going to law school after that. I'd like to work for the FBI someday. And I've got an uncle that works for the EPA.

I'm majoring in Political Science/International Affairs. After I graduate, I want to go to law school for Human Rights Law. That's definitely the field I want to be in, whether that involves work with a government agency or an NGO, I have no idea at this point. I still have a couple years left of undergrad. schooling, so I just have a general idea of where I want to go, eventually.

I have a law degree (J.D.).

But I don't work for the government.

I have absolutely no government, political or law related credentials whatsoever. :D

Just a big mouth, semi-informed opinions, endless curiosity about the human condition and smoldering disdain for hypocrisy, including my own.

M.A. (Hons.), political science and international development were second field of studies (first was musicology).

I get the feeling that you think we shouldn't be discussing it unless we do.

Not at all, I'm just new and trying to learn about the members. I'm graduating in 2 weeks with a BA in Political Science and will be looking for a job in the field. Hopefully you guys can provide encouragement if I have trouble.

I teach political science, but my specialization is South Asia; I've never taught US politics nor am I particularly well-qualified to do so.

Yeah im coming towards the end of my final year now (BA international politics with sociology), but i dont like discussing politics, yet i do find myself lurking in here quite a bit

Yeah im coming towards the end of my final year now (BA international politics with sociology), but i dont like discussing politics, yet i do find myself lurking in here quite a bit

I'm with you on that. I absolutely love politics, but don't often feel like discussing it in my free time. I'd usually rather talk about U2 or sports or something.

Back
Top Bottom