Anti-Tax Tea Parties Held Across U.S. - Page 37 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2010, 09:01 PM   #541
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:10 PM
Her case surely lies against her employer.

But it is worrying that government kow-tows to the rantings of right-wing weirdoes.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:07 PM   #542
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Her case surely lies against her employer.
I would think that she has multiple causes of action against multiple parties.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:13 PM   #543
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

A conservative would never sue, amiright?
Old 07-22-2010, 09:50 PM   #544
Refugee

Local Time: 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
It's true there are no easy answers. I don't know that the issue regarding illegal immigration is over whether we should "let them in" or "not let them in" but more how we should go about stopping illegal immigration and how illegal immigrants should be treated and what measures should be taken to apprehend them.

I don't know that any but a few extremists would make the argument for completely open borders.
I agree and thanks for your post. We should go after "the bad guys and Coyotes." Who violate human rights and endorse slavery.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:48 PM   #545
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
The problem is are these "tea parties" don't even know what they are truly protesting. They have no common voice. Some are saying it's about taxes, some are saying it's about spending, some of the protestors are waving signs about guns. Some are saying it's about Obama, others are saying it's not about Obama. And some are just anti-government.

It's really just a bitch session. And because it has no real voice or reason it won't mean shit.

Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.

~Barry Goldwater
Old 07-22-2010, 10:53 PM   #546
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.

~Barry Goldwater
which is, in essence, the most utterly moronic thing someone could think.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:55 PM   #547
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:10 PM
Iron Horse, we have no idea whether or not Barry Goldwater if he were alive today would be a Tea Party supporter.

But it's worth bearing in mind that Barry Goldwater said in 1989 that the Republican Party had been taken over by a bunch of kooks.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:00 PM   #548
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post

~Barry Goldwater
Quotes from yesteryear are fun, but real thoughts from real people are what matter...
Old 07-22-2010, 11:01 PM   #549
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Iron Horse, we have no idea whether or not Barry Goldwater if he were alive today would be a Tea Party supporter.

But it's worth bearing in mind that Barry Goldwater said in 1989 that the Republican Party had been taken over by a bunch of kooks.

I agree financeguy.

I really miss people like Barry Goldwater.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:15 PM   #550
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
Good luck with that suit.

she seems to think it's a good idea.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmem....php?ref=fpblg

Quote:
On the other hand, she has yet another case against the federal government. You know, the folks who actually fired her.

the people who apologized and offered her a job once they realized that Fox News and Breitbart had slimed her? that he alone released that truncated video? that they purposely set out to destroy a successful african-american woman to try to "prove" some double-standard about race, the proof that, hey, the blacks "they" do it too? that they're tossing this into the pile of the latest white outrage piece about evil, nefarious black people -- like the one Black Panther, or this mosque that "peaceful Muslims" should refudiate or racist black women who work for the government -- that's rating like gangbusters on Fox News? all designed to "refudiate" the notion that Real American Tea Partiers with their signs aren't the real racists, and the REAL racists are in the Obama administration who are using secret ploys like health care, the stimulus, and the banking bill to exact "reparations" on the American people.

yes, of course, the story her is really about OBAMA and not how the right wing media operates, nor is it about white paranoia at what "they" do. i know we routinely expect the worst out of Breitbart and Fox News, but this is really over the top. many in the larger right wing world have denounced Breitbart and Fox News over this, as they should.

i am sorry that the administration has had so many smashing successes with monumental legislation not to mention 2 more SCOTUS nominees, all while retaining a level of popularity higher than Clinton and Reagan at this point, all while presiding over 10% unemployment. but this race baiting is just another tactic, not a strategy, and it seems like the McCain campaign all over again. demagoguery only gets you so far.

she should sue the shit out of Breitbart.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #551
Blue Crack Addict

Now there's a "Coffee Party"

Renowned film critic Roger Ebert took to his Twitter account last week to challenge former Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin to talk with Annabel Lee, founder of the Coffee Party Movement.

"I'd like to hear this young woman in conversation with Sarah Palin. I'm very serious," the prolific tweeter and Chicago movie maven posted on Friday, along with a link to a February video of Annabel Park explaining the Coffee Party's mission.

On Monday, Park lent her support to the proposal in a Facebook post that recommended a few details of such a potential encounter.

Roger Ebert thinks I should be "in conversation w/ Sarah Palin." Actually, I'd like to debate her. The debate can be a fundraiser for the victims of the Gulf Oil Spill and 99ers (unemployed ...for over 99 weeks, not covered by the benefit extension). What do you say, Sarah? -- Annabel

The Coffee Party describes its mission as pushing for "cooperation in government," with the understanding that "the federal government is not the enemy of the people, but the expression of our collective will."

In the video accompanying Ebert's original tweet, Park explains the makeup of the group:

"We really have a collection of people who value diversity -- are diverse -- and we're completely comfortable with the changing demographics of our country. I think that it's human for people to be nervous about changes in their neighborhoods and in the demographics of this country, but it's not something that should be encouraged, and it certainly should not be an opportunity for political gain. I think, really, the politicians that are exploiting that fear and anxiety for political gain, they're really the worst."

The potential confrontation between Sarah Palin, a conservative heavyweight and Tea Party champion, and Annabel Park, a growing voice in the progressive movement's reaction to people like Palin, has quickly sparked interest. On Tuesday morning, Facebookers launched a group called Annabel Park v. Sarah Palin Debate.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:48 PM   #552
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:10 AM
yeah

I posted about that last March in the first Tea Party thread that got closed

YouTube - Coffee Party: How We Began

http://coffeepartyusa.com/

you think they would be better known by now,
maybe they need some 'birthers' of thier own to demand dna tests for Palin and Romney,
Could they really be Osmond Family members, lying about their past?
Old 07-27-2010, 02:58 PM   #553
Blue Crack Addict

Sorry deep, didn't remember that

I'm going to start a Dunkin Donuts Coolatta party
Old 07-27-2010, 03:00 PM   #554
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:10 AM
no worries, that thread hit 1000 and got closed.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:45 PM   #555
Blue Crack Addict

I think the only logical move now is to start the Gin & Tonic Party, where apathetic people just say "fuck it" and go get drunk.