Anti-Tax Tea Parties Held Across U.S. - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2010, 01:30 PM   #376
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:30 AM
Benji, you seem to be having a reading comprehension problem.

For the last time I went to the San Antonio one, how many times do I have to tell you?

Where have I mentioned anything about arrests? No where.

Where have I mentioned anything about supporting the G20 protestors? No where.

I'm just going to answer my questions myself for now on, because you don't seem to understand.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:04 PM   #377
Refugee

Local Time: 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
I don't know how many times I heard, growing up, teachers, classmates, church leaders say things like this and worse and then add, "Oh, we don't mean you, Sean. You're all right." Or even worse ("Don't worry, Sean. You're not REALLY black.")

Reading the comments from Glenn Beck, Tancredo, and others. . .it's really scary to me that so many people are buying into this stuff. I really hate to see this movement gaining so much traction in this country.
Yes, like when presidential candidate Biden said Obama was "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy."

Or when the Senate majority leader said that Obama was successful in part due to his "light-skinned appearance, with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one."

That kind of black.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:25 PM   #378
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:30 AM
Yeah, it just goes to show you we have a long ways to go...

Some much longer than others...
Old 07-16-2010, 03:20 PM   #379
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
Yes, like when presidential candidate Biden said Obama was "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy."

Or when the Senate majority leader said that Obama was successful in part due to his "light-skinned appearance, with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one."

That kind of black.
That kind of black, yes.

I'm not sure what your point is. That Democrats are capable of racism too? Is that news to anyone? You don't think we're aware the Clinton machine was pulling some of the same tricks during the primaries?

Are you suggesting that there's a double standard, is that what it is? That the Dems always get a pass when they express hatred (though lets be honest, racism is more complicated than simply "hatred" and the above examples don't express hatred so much as a clumsy stereotyping and generalization)? Because, they don't. At least in my book.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:36 PM   #380
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Ironic discussion given which community is being hit hardest by Obama's anti-business rhetoric and, as the U.S. Chamber of Commerce said Wed, his "ill-advised course of government expansion, major tax increases, massive deficits and job-destroying regulations."

Sounds like the same things the Tax Parties are angry about actually. Pretty important issues.

Let me know if the thread ever returns from its "spot the racist" rut.
Are you being purposely obtuse, INDY?

Go back and read the posts. How many were saying that opposition to tax increases, massive deficits constitutes racism. Read the article by Mark Williams that prompted the discussion. How much of that article was unrelated to race?

Which community is being hardest hit by Obama's anti-business rhetoric?

Don't give us this BS about how you've been nobly trying to talk about the issues while the rest of us dither about race. All you've brought to the table is cheap shots, admittedly funny one-liners, and straw man arguments. Whenever I've asked you a real question, like the still unanswered one about why buisnesses would choose to pay the fine rather than purchase healthcare for thier , you just go mysteriously silent.

I would LOVE to have a real discussion about the deficit, taxes, healthcare, but you haven't been willing to engage.

You know it really is as simple as this. If the right would simply say that Obama is misguided as opposed to "actively seeking to destroy the American way of life" then we could talk. But "I know the Democrats want what's best for the country too, they just happen to be mistaken as to how to get there" just isn't sexy on talk radio and TV. The sad thing is you're not a media personality making big bucks from saying bombastic nonsense on the air--so you have no excuse for peddling the same crap.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:45 PM   #381
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Mrs Charen could also have pointed out that at that same NAACP meeting current chairman Ben Jealous asserted, "And in the middle of this great American nightmare, here comes the genetic descendent of the White Citizens' Council, burst from its coffin, carrying signs with slogans like "lynch Barack Hussein Obama" and "lynch Eric Holder."

Pretty serious charges... and naturally no evidence of it actually happening exists either.

One could also point out how they opposed the nomination of Clarence Thomas to the Supreme Court and threatened to suspend local NAACP officers that didn't rescind their earlier endorsements.

That long time chairman Julian Bond said here in Indiana in 2004 speech, "Their [Republicans] idea of equal rights is the American flag and Confederate swastika flying side by side." Nice.

And that you won't find condemnation from the NAACP for the hate espoused by the likes of Louis Farrakhan, Jeremiah Wright or the Black Panthers. New or old.
There's definitely room for legitimate criticism of the NAACP, and it is true that among much of the black political leadership there is the mistaken, I believe, equation of black with Democratic party. But just because the organization is wrong on other points doesn't mean that they're wrong on all points. I've already said I think it was a mistake for the NAACP to make this proclamation any way. But it doesn't mean that I think there are no merits to their concerns.

What do YOU make of Mark William's letter? He's not just some fringe sign waver, right?
Old 07-17-2010, 11:44 PM   #382
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post

That kind of black.
I think that hidden in some bill, that pure racism was given a pass. Some panel decides I think.

The biggest mockery of the civil rights movment was before the Healthcare bill, when Nancy with her gavel. head thrown back in mocekery, walking across the street ala MLK, who wasn't laughing, he was scared out of his mind.

You know, when John Lewis was spit on, but wasn't really spit on.. it was the other guy who wasn't really spit on. They had 4 aides, standing right behind them the whole time, each holding 2 cell phones,(so that's 8 cameras,) 3 feet away video recording the whole thing. why wasn't it used? Because it didn't happen?

I think some of these people dont have a clue who the Tea party people are. There are actually quite a large group of Black Americans ( they prefer to be called that ) and at the healthcare rally, we all were fed by the black family reunion, who invited everyone over to eat , talk and sing. They didnt feel threatened, nor did anyone else. any talk of racisim came from the side trying to use it... in vain. It was the progressives using the card, not Tea Party. They care about one thing. Taxes and spending, part of which is special interets, lobbyist, running the show. That's it. Nothing else.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:46 PM   #383
Acrobat

Quote:
There's definitely room for legitimate criticism of the NAACP, and it is true that among much of the black political leadership there is the mistaken, I believe, equation of black with Democratic party. But just because the organization is wrong on other points doesn't mean that they're wrong on all points. I've already said I think it was a mistake for the NAACP to make this proclamation any way. But it doesn't mean that I think there are no merits to their concerns.

What do YOU make of Mark William's letter? He's not just some fringe sign waver, right?
Chris Smithermen of the Cincinnati NAACP is the biggest racist in this country. So is the Rev Lynch. read what they are so found of saying, and why their membership is down to nothing.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:24 AM   #384
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
Chris Smithermen of the Cincinnati NAACP is the biggest racist in this country. So is the Rev Lynch. read what they are so found of saying, and why their membership is down to nothing.
But see I wasn't asking about Chris Smithermen. I was asking about Mark Williams.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:39 AM   #385
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
I think that hidden in some bill, that pure racism was given a pass. Some panel decides I think.

The biggest mockery of the civil rights movment was before the Healthcare bill, when Nancy with her gavel. head thrown back in mocekery, walking across the street ala MLK, who wasn't laughing, he was scared out of his mind.

You know, when John Lewis was spit on, but wasn't really spit on.. it was the other guy who wasn't really spit on. They had 4 aides, standing right behind them the whole time, each holding 2 cell phones,(so that's 8 cameras,) 3 feet away video recording the whole thing. why wasn't it used? Because it didn't happen?

I think some of these people dont have a clue who the Tea party people are. There are actually quite a large group of Black Americans ( they prefer to be called that ) and at the healthcare rally, we all were fed by the black family reunion, who invited everyone over to eat , talk and sing. They didnt feel threatened, nor did anyone else. any talk of racisim came from the side trying to use it... in vain. It was the progressives using the card, not Tea Party. They care about one thing. Taxes and spending, part of which is special interets, lobbyist, running the show. That's it. Nothing else.
Can you explain the Nancy Pelosi thing again? I don't understand what happened there.

I find it hard to understand how large numbers of Black Americans can feel comfortable in the Tea Party environment, but that's up to them. Despite the suggestions, most blacks do not defer to "thought police" and there's no requirement that all blacks fall into some party line. I can speak from my own experience growing up having mostly white friends, some of whom were racist. I was a kid of course, still figuring out who I was, so perhaps it wasn't so odd that I had a confederate flag in my room and wrote slogans like "Yankee by Birth, Rebel by Choice" in my journal. I wanted to fit in. I wanted to believe I wasn't "really" black, that the jokes from my church youth leader about running over a black guy on the side of the road weren't about me. I can tell you that deep down I wished I wasn't black, felt I was ugly. But that was my experience, as a kid. I can't say with any certaintity what is motivating these adult Black Americans, but it's hard not to infer from my own experience that there may be some self-hatred going on there.

The last bit about progressives caring about one thing: "taxes and spending." Utter nonsense. It's like liberals saying all conservatives care about it is "hate and war." Such an oversimplification of your opponent, such demonizing is just useless.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:45 PM   #386
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
And that you won't find condemnation from the NAACP for the hate espoused by the likes of Louis Farrakhan, Jeremiah Wright or the Black Panthers. New or old.
I don't understand why people keep bringing this up. It's a completely nonsensical attempt at equating apples and oranges.

Are the Black Panthers an arm of the NAACP? Does Jeremiah Wright hold an official position with the NAACP and speak on its behalf on CNN, Fox, et al?
Old 07-18-2010, 08:42 PM   #387
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I don't understand why people keep bringing this up. It's a completely nonsensical attempt at equating apples and oranges.

racism is obviously worse when it's against white people.

it's also better for ratings.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:23 PM   #388
Acrobat

Quote:
But see I wasn't asking about Chris Smithermen. I was asking about Mark Williams.
same people really. They are both racist.

Tea Party does not put up with that crap. Mr Williams can take a walk.

Tea Party federation expels Tea Party Express - Politics - msnbc.com
Old 07-18-2010, 09:27 PM   #389
Acrobat

Quote:
Can you explain the Nancy Pelosi thing again? I don't understand what happened there.

I find it hard to understand how large numbers of Black Americans can feel comfortable in the Tea Party environment, but that's up to them. Despite the suggestions, most blacks do not defer to "thought police" and there's no requirement that all blacks fall into some party line. I can speak from my own experience growing up having mostly white friends, some of whom were racist. I was a kid of course, still figuring out who I was, so perhaps it wasn't so odd that I had a confederate flag in my room and wrote slogans like "Yankee by Birth, Rebel by Choice" in my journal. I wanted to fit in. I wanted to believe I wasn't "really" black, that the jokes from my church youth leader about running over a black guy on the side of the road weren't about me. I can tell you that deep down I wished I wasn't black, felt I was ugly. But that was my experience, as a kid. I can't say with any certaintity what is motivating these adult Black Americans, but it's hard not to infer from my own experience that there may be some self-hatred going on there.

The last bit about progressives caring about one thing: "taxes and spending." Utter nonsense. It's like liberals saying all conservatives care about it is "hate and war." Such an oversimplification of your opponent, such demonizing is just useless.

Every white person is not racists. You chose your way to deal with it. Nobody made you and you had a choice. "Rebel by Choice" in my journal. I wanted to fit in." You had a choice.

You want to see reverse racism, go watch smithermen speak. He hates everyone if they are not black and militant.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:29 PM   #390
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Every white person is not racists. You chose your way to deal with it. Nobody made you and you had a choice.
Compassionate conservatism.