Anti-Tax Tea Parties Held Across U.S. - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-22-2009, 04:41 PM   #196
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
and it's still going to kill us.
To quote our president yesterday.

"We will be ill-served by the fear-mongering that emerges whenever we discuss this issue,"

Too bad he wasn't talking about manmade global warming or Cap and Trade.



Quote:
if that's what you think, then i've got just the Congressman for you!


YouTube - Smokey Joe Barton On Opposing Cap & Trade: "You Can't Regulate God"
He's 100% right. By God he's referring to natural sources of carbon dioxide like volcanic eruptions, the decay of dead plants and animals, evaporation from the oceans and the respiration of living creatures. Nautural carbon dioxide emissions account for 95% of all emissions.
So blame god for our emanate death, not my SUV.
__________________

__________________
INDY500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:01 PM   #197
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,473
Local Time: 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
He's 100% right. By God he's referring to natural sources of carbon dioxide like volcanic eruptions, the decay of dead plants and animals, evaporation from the oceans and the respiration of living creatures. Nautural carbon dioxide emissions account for 95% of all emissions.
So blame god for our emanate death, not my SUV.


and, clearly, the Good Lord put all that gasoline in Saudi Arabia for our blessed use.

ever put a plastic bad over your head? that's how we know that CO2 is harmless.
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:03 PM   #198
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
and, clearly, the Good Lord put all that gasoline in Saudi Arabia for our blessed use.
It floated there from Alabama.
__________________
INDY500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:12 PM   #199
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
U2DMfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: It's Inside A Black Hole
Posts: 6,637
Local Time: 06:19 AM
Joe Barton, the same guy who said the BCS was like "communism" because it was "all about money"? Yeah, he seems like a sharp guy.

Natural gas baby. It's a potential solution to some of our problems concerning energy. Is Obama still on the Pickens train or not?

Also, it's interesting that talk about 'traditional immigration' usually omits the fact that there wasn't an immigration policy in America until the 20th century.
__________________
U2DMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:35 PM   #200
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
In English?
You're so Christ like, it truly humbles me to have you in our presence...
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Of course every concerned American on the issue of immigration is a racist.
Not what I said, but nice deflection...

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Immigration traditionally meant the immigrant assimilating to his new country, not the country to the immigrant.
And how exactly is the US assimilating to immigrants?
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:37 PM   #201
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post
Joe Barton, the same guy who said the BCS was like "communism" because it was "all about money"? Yeah, he seems like a sharp guy.

Natural gas baby. It's a potential solution to some of our problems concerning energy. Is Obama still on the Pickens train or not?

Also, it's interesting that talk about 'traditional immigration' usually omits the fact that there wasn't an immigration policy in America until the 20th century.

facts are not allowed in this thread.
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:39 PM   #202
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post
Joe Barton, the same guy who said the BCS was like "communism" because it was "all about money"? Yeah, he seems like a sharp guy.
Maybe that was the year the Texas Longhorns were not included.
Quote:
Natural gas baby. It's a potential solution to some of our problems concerning energy. Is Obama still on the Pickens train or not?
Yes, abundent and cheap but unfortunately it too will kill us.
Quote:
Also, it's interesting that talk about 'traditional immigration' usually omits the fact that there wasn't an immigration policy in America until the 20th century.
There also wasn't nearly as much of it because of transportation, it was vastly more diverse forcing quicker assimilation, and there was no huge network of publicly funded government programs for them to draw on making them a net loss economically speaking.
__________________
INDY500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:47 PM   #203
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
And how exactly is the US assimilating to immigrants?
For the answer to that question...

dial 1 for English...
__________________
INDY500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:50 PM   #204
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 06:19 AM

Oh, the science loving conservatives...

I wonder if Barton has even developed object permanence yet?

Embarassed to be a Texan, yet again...
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:52 PM   #205
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
U2DMfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: It's Inside A Black Hole
Posts: 6,637
Local Time: 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post

There also wasn't nearly as much of it because of transportation, it was vastly more diverse forcing quicker assimilation, and there was no huge network of publicly funded government programs for them to draw on making them a net loss economically speaking.
It's the principle of the thing.

Most of us are here because we had ancestors who had access to the opportunity. That's all these people want. How can we in good conscience say to them "well, we got ours, sucks for you..."

Enforce the borders, by all means, but let's stop the discourse that treats these people like common criminals. Put them on the payroll, I say, however it's done. If you can control the borders, you can grant amnesty and there is no argument about an influx of people flooding across the border.


I thought Natural Gas was cleaner? Nothing's perfect (note the above scenario).
__________________
U2DMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:58 PM   #206
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
For the answer to that question...

dial 1 for English...
So the U.S. is only a melting pot if they talk like you?

It's hurting them more than you, but I guess you'll always need some scapegoat, right?

I mean when all these states allow the gays to marry and the state doesn't go to hell you'll need some boogieman.
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:10 PM   #207
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Oh, the science loving conservatives...

I wonder if Barton has even developed object permanence yet?

Embarassed to be a Texan, yet again...
As an ex-Texan I didn't know there was such a thing as an embarrassed Texan. Guess you're the new breed.


Where does oil come from?
Where was what we now call Alaska located at that time?
What is the furthermost south any model shows it to have been located?

One doesn't have to disbelieve in plate tectonics to believe the climate has warmed and cooled in the past which I'm sure was the congressman's point. (we only have 1 minute of video)
__________________
INDY500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:25 PM   #208
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
One doesn't have to disbelieve in plate tectonics to believe the climate has warmed and cooled in the past which I'm sure was the congressman's point. (we only have 1 minute of video)
That's cute that you are trying to defend him, but I've seen more than 1 minute of video of this guy, he makes W look brilliant.
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:34 PM   #209
Refugee
 
zooropop40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Interference is called Interference because it interferes on my ability to live a normal life...
Posts: 1,583
Local Time: 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Embarassed to be a Texan, yet again...
you are liberal (I am assuming) and a Texan??

btw, have you guys seen Michelle Bachman talk about how CO2 cant be harmful because it is "natural"
__________________
zooropop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:50 PM   #210
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooropop40 View Post
you are liberal (I am assuming) and a Texan??
There's a few of us... but not enough to really significantly bring the state's IQ up.


Quote:
Originally Posted by zooropop40 View Post
btw, have you guys seen Michelle Bachman talk about how CO2 cant be harmful because it is "natural"
I do have to laugh... The talk of global warming has been around for decades, no Al Gore didn't invent it, and the talk of CO2 has been involved for years, yet it's only recently that conservatives are coming back with the "it can't be harmful, it's natural" argument. Did someone just recently give them a 5th grade science refresher? I find it ammusing.
__________________

__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com