Anti-Tax Tea Parties Held Across U.S.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who does, then?
People who are educated, informed, and can contribute effectively to an intelligent discussion of the issues.

This country isn't about electing people who are to just do whatever you tel them to; this country is about electing people who you think are smart enough to figure shit out and make the right decisions.

People who are educated, informed, and can contribute effectively to an intelligent discussion of the issues.

This country isn't about electing people who are to just do whatever you tel them to; this country is about electing people who you think are smart enough to figure shit out and make the right decisions.

Do you support the House approving the Senate health bill as it is, or do you support 'reconciliation'? Or neither?

Do you support the House approving the Senate health bill as it is, or do you support 'reconciliation'? Or neither?
I'm not sure what "reconciliation" is.

I mean, it's a tough spot. I have an idea of what I think should happen, but I'm too far to the left compared to most in the country for my particular vision to occur. And I recognize that. This isn't like gay marriage or the death penalty where there's simply right and wrong; in this issue, there are a lot of factors and a lot of smart, well informed people come to different conclusions.

Do I think what they've proposed is ideal? No. But I think it's definitely better than the awful system we have right now. And I say this as someone who's fortunate enough to have had parents growing up who could afford everything I needed in health care.

Who does, then?

Unfortunately too few... and then when someone does feed you an answer you often choose to ignore it because it doesn't fly with your party line.

I've told you and INDY probably about 20 times each why state to state insurance doesn't work and isn't the answer, INDY finally about the 19th time agreed it's the insturance's fault but ignored the aspects as to why the insurance doesn't want to, you've just never acknowled it...:shrug:

I would say honestly it's about 96% of the right doesn't understand and about 50% of the left still have a very weak grasp on it...

I've told you and INDY probably about 20 times each why state to state insurance doesn't work and isn't the answer, INDY finally about the 19th time agreed it's the insturance's fault but ignored the aspects as to why the insurance doesn't want to, you've just never acknowled it...:shrug:

I would say honestly it's about 96% of the right doesn't understand and about 50% of the left still have a very weak grasp on it...

Explain this:
I can buy health insurance x in Indiana where I live and yet I'm covered if I break my leg in Colorado.
But a resident of Colorado can't buy the identical health insurance policy x across state lines in Indiana and be covered for a broken leg in his home state.

How does that make sense?

Explain this:
I can buy health insurance x in Indiana where I live and yet I'm covered if I break my leg in Colorado.
But a resident of Colorado can't buy the identical health insurance policy x across state lines in Indiana and be covered for a broken leg in his home state.

How does that make sense?

How many times do I have to explain this to you? First of all trauma is always treated differently(you should know that), secondly if you see a podiatrist about a broken ankle in Colorado but Indiana doesn't define podiatry as someone who can treat an ankle they would have a hard time collecting, so this is something the insurance companies lobbied for(you know, those ones you defend). Does it make sense? Yes and no, we have no federal mandates in these disciplines so of course they can't compete if they have to write ammendments for every seperate state.

How is it you and the other GOPers keep defending these collective insurance companies but you don't even know how or why they work? Especially someone who claims to be in healthcare?

How is it you and the other GOPers keep defending these collective insurance companies but you don't even know how or why they work? Especially someone who claims to be in healthcare?

because people who vote GOP aren't interested in facts.

they are interested in pure sensation and unbridled Id and getting back at overeducated "elites."

Since the other Tea Party Thread is closed I'll post this here

"The Nevada Republican earlier discussed her beliefs on the topic during an interview with Bill Manders in which she called pregnancy in cases of rape and incest, "God's plan."

Sharron Angle's Advice For Rape Victims Considering Abortion: Turn Lemons Into Lemonade

Stock: Let me bring up one other topic that I rarely talk about here, because it's one of those topics that's a lose-lose, but we've got to talk about it because it was brought up in your TV interview and that has to do with the issue of abortion, and whether or not abortion should be available in the case of rape or incest. The question to you at the time by the interviewer was that do you want the government to go and tell a 13 year-old child who has been raped by her father that she has to have that baby. And of course you responded 'I didn't say that I always say that I value life.' Where do you stand on the issue of abortion, a consensual abortion, from a person who is raped or is pregnant as a result of incest?

Angle: Well right now our law permits that. My own personal feelings and that is always what I express, my personal feeling is that we need to err on the side of life. There is a plan and a purpose, a value to every life no matter what it's location, age, gender or disability. So whenever we talk about government and government's role, government's role is to protect life and that's what our Founding Fathers said, that we have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Stock: What do you say then to a young girl, I am going to place it as he said it, when a young girl is raped by her father, let's say, and she is pregnant. How do you explain this to her in terms of wanting her to go through the process of having the baby?

Angle: I think that two wrongs don't make a right. And I have been in the situation of counseling young girls, not 13 but 15, who have had very at risk, difficult pregnancies. And my counsel was to look for some alternatives, which they did. And they found that they had made what was really a lemon situation into lemonade. Well one girl in particular moved in with the adoptive parents of her child, and they both were adopted. Both of them grew up, one graduated from high school, the other had parents that loved her and she also graduated from high school. And I'll tell you the little girl who was born from that very poor situation came to me when she was 13 and said 'I know what you did thank you for saving my life.' So it is meaningful to me to err on the side of life.

because people who vote GOP aren't interested in facts.

they are interested in pure sensation and unbridled Id and getting back at overeducated "elites."

Really ? That's a broad statement. How did you measure that?

overeducated "elites." What is this term? How do you measure " overeducared, and what is an elite? what is the measurement for that? Paul McCartney or will Ringo do?

Actually, this country is about representative government -- voting according to your conscience/worldview/perspective for individuals you feel best represent your views and who can form policies that reflect them. That holds true both for the privileged who have been able to afford a certain degree of education, and for the unprivileged who haven't.

Or is a government "of the people, by the people and for the people" a notion that's lost on you?

Once we start saying that only those who are "educated, informed, ... can contribute effectively to an intelligent discussion of the issues" (according to whose standards of "educated" and "informed" and "intelligent"? according to one person in this thread so far, the GOP's constituents -- which constitute roughly 50% of the country, by the by -- are "pig shit"), we have lost the point of representative democracy.

Actually, this country is about representative government -- voting according to your conscience/worldview/perspective for individuals you feel best represent your views and who can form policies that reflect them. That holds true both for the privileged who have been able to afford a certain degree of education, and for the unprivileged who haven't.

Or is a government "of the people, by the people and for the people" a notion that's lost on you?

Once we start saying that only those who are "educated, informed, ... can contribute effectively to an intelligent discussion of the issues" (according to whose standards of "educated" and "informed" and "intelligent"? according to one person in this thread so far, the GOP's constituents -- which constitute roughly 50% of the country, by the by -- are "pig shit"), we have lost the point of representative democracy.

This is the theory, and in theory it's a great idea.

But how does one truly know where his/her constituents want? We don't vote on every issue so that they can go back and cast that vote for us. Polling? Really? Doesn't work in 2010.

The second part of that is what if the majority is wrong?

What is an "elite"?

Who knows? We keep hearing it from Tea Partiers...:shrug:

Funny, I keep hearig it from everyone who knows somebody who knows somebody who know somebody who kinda almost got in to Princeton.
Which doesn't make sense.

How many times do I have to explain this to you? First of all trauma is always treated differently(you should know that), secondly if you see a podiatrist about a broken ankle in Colorado but Indiana doesn't define podiatry as someone who can treat an ankle they would have a hard time collecting, so this is something the insurance companies lobbied for(you know, those ones you defend). Does it make sense? Yes and no, we have no federal mandates in these disciplines so of course they can't compete if they have to write ammendments for every seperate state.

"First of all trauma is always treated differently" Really, like how ?

Are you serious?

If I go in with a compound fracture they're going to fix me and then find a way for me to pay later.

If I go and try to book bunion surgery they are going to run it through my insurance and get it ok'ed first.

You work in the medical field right?

It's amazing how the federal government has the power to enforce sweeping financial regulations across state lines, sweeping energy regulations across state lines, sweeping health regulations, including an individual mandate, across state lines...

but the Feds simply don't have the power to allow a competitive market for health insurance. Because a foot doctor in Michigan bills differently than a foot doctor in Texas.

What a joke.

but the Feds simply don't have the power to allow a competitive market for health insurance. Because a foot doctor in Michigan bills differently than a foot doctor in Texas.

What a joke.

It's not simply because they bill differently, their regulations and definitions are different.

It's funny that you and INDY are basically wanting more federal regulations so that the insurance can work across state lines.

This is the theory, and in theory it's a great idea.

It's not exactly a theory -- it's a philosophy that undergirds our entire system of government -- a representative democracy formed by the people to reflect the will of the people. It's what keeps us from becoming an oligarchy (government by a privileged few) -- or worse, an autocracy (government by a privileged one).

But how does one truly know where his/her constituents want? We don't vote on every issue so that they can go back and cast that vote for us. Polling? Really? Doesn't work in 2010.

Actually, the number of politicians who have jumped parties in the past few years in an attempt to stay ahead of their constituents' shifting allegiances is an indication that the will of the voter is a pretty powerful motivator. Vote too often against the will of your constituents (or be a member of a party that alienates them), and suffer the consequences.

The second part of that is what if the majority is wrong?

This tension is an inherent aspect of a representative government -- no getting around it. But you really can't have it any other way, unless you'd prefer to only allow people to vote who agree with a certain ideology, or have a college degree, or can pass a written exam, or can pass a geography test, or .... oh wait. I think we tried that already.

This tension is an inherent aspect of a representative government -- no getting around it. But you really can't have it any other way, unless you'd prefer to only allow people to vote who agree with a certain ideology, or have a college degree, or can pass a written exam, or can pass a geography test, or .... oh wait. I think we tried that already.

which is why we have a judiciary designed to protect minorities from mob rule. the unpopular have ever right that the popular do. this isn't high school.

It's not exactly a theory -- it's a philosophy that undergirds our entire system of government -- a representative democracy formed by the people to reflect the will of the people. It's what keeps us from becoming an oligarchy (government by a privileged few) -- or worse, an autocracy (government by a privileged one).
Ok, but I think you missed my point. When was the last time that you had a say on a vote after you put the person in office?

Actually, the number of politicians who have jumped parties in the past few years in an attempt to stay ahead of their constituents' shifting allegiances is an indication that the will of the voter is a pretty powerful motivator. Vote too often against the will of your constituents (or be a member of a party that alienates them), and suffer the consequences.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure about this...

I think some have jumped parties due to conscious and some just for power. Deep down I think most politicians vote their beliefs with a "can I still get reelected" in the back of their mind. I would worry about those that vote against their own concious just because their local poll said their constituents believe this. :shrug:

Ok, but I think you missed my point. When was the last time that you had a say on a vote after you put the person in office?

Yeah, I'm not quite sure about this...

I think some have jumped parties due to conscious and some just for power. Deep down I think most politicians vote their beliefs with a "can I still get reelected" in the back of their mind. I would worry about those that vote against their own concious just because their local poll said their constituents believe this. :shrug:

Ah, almost word for word on Why Glenn Beck has disdain for all of them, except Chris Christy( which be subject to change if he does )

Serious, what I highlighted is exactly why Beck doesnt care for any of them. He feels this is the inherent problem.

He likes Christie, as good, bad , right or wrong, you have to give the guy credit for syaing" these are the hard facts and we must fix this. even if it means he is not reelected.

He is growing on you. That really is exactly his point. he calls it beining infected by the system. a virus.

That what you wrote is the core problem, or issue of todays politicians from Becks perspective.

Eh, maybe you're just not paying attention...

I will use this to also ask that you consider there is really 2 seperate tea parties. One is grassroots, who wants the corruption and spending to be more of a budget if you will.

The second, is freedomworks , which Palin is more a part of ( But not Ted Nugent) . Freedom works has been turned into a political party ( using the fringe of the tea party, as an organized poitcal party. There is a big difference between the 2. There is no leader of Tea party one ( the villages, local rallys etc) those are grassroots. Freedom works is todays Ross Perot . with PAC's etc.

They are not together in MOSt Instances, and have different aganda, or better said, Freedom works is a disgruntled disgraced politician, the People Tea party , is lose groups of neighbors simply wanting to have a balanced budget, or a responsible one .

The Freedom works one I would even say tea bag;;, the other are just normal people like your neighbors or shop owners etc who feel that have been forgotten.

I read a post last week on newsvine regarding the Uemployment extension. The guys name was ray, and someone as calling him every name in the book because he lost his job and his unemployment ran out of money. .

Ray explained that he was at the same job since he was 20, and they moved the factory overseas, and he was laid off . you could "feel in his post this wasnt where he wanted to be, and that he was no freeloader as this guy called him, and many other things , none good. You could hear the hurt in his post. He couldn't understand why people were being so mean and hostile toward him. everything about his post was hurt, and borderline despair.Shock that a fellow cititzen would say this.

I told him it was ok, it wasn't his fault, and to hold his head high. Walk proudly. He was an American and as bleak as thing were now, we have been her before , and somehow he would make it through. I almost cried at his pain. He is a true american, and if he was so inclined, he would be a Tea party grassroots. not a bagger ( frreedom works )

We hired Ray, annd he and his family are moving here next week or so. Those people are the true tea party. Please consider that Freedomworks is the politcal group, lead by Dick armey ... they are the faux teap Party.

There is a big difference. palin plays with both, but one thingI like abouut her. She will say what she means. She is losing any sense of clout because of the freedom works tea political party.

Please consider there is a difference bwteeen the 2. Grassroots are Americans heping Americans through tough timea. Freedom works, wants to be in the game and use these people . The grassroots party knows this, so they stay away from the Political part trying to attach them to it.

They are not the same.

It's amazing how the federal government has the power to enforce sweeping financial regulations across state lines, sweeping energy regulations across state lines, sweeping health regulations, including an individual mandate, across state lines...

What a joke.

Treatment and payment are 2 seperate things. apples and oranges.

2 different Hospitals in one city can charge different prices. Most do .

allowing competition acrosss state lines, or choice of insurance from something as simple as the Congressional "exchange " would drop prices dramatically.

If it's true they the feds don't have the power for a competitive market, then they dont have the right to madadte to the states to to pay into the public option . Commerce clause . This will go to court.

Not everyone needs the same insurance.

Read everythng you can on the new Med Czar . You will "love it. The people of UK aree sure glad to get him out of their system

"Britain’s cancer survival rate ranges between 40.2 percent and 48.1 percent for men and between 48 percent with 54.1 percent for women, compared with 66 percent for U.S. men and 63 percent for U.S. women"

Fun Fact

"this quote from Berwick: “Cynics beware, I am romantic about the National Health Service, I love it.” Here’s another Berwick quote: “The decision is not whether or not we will ration care, the decision is whether we will ration with our eyes open."
"
quote is available from just about everything he has ever written He often quotes that medical care shuld not exceed 22,000 per person. Good luck if you have cancer.

The good news is, he is not long in office,. Wonder why? Is he going to set the "rationing panels "

I am going to keep my own insurance. Because essentially, there will be 2 classes of people as far as medical care. hmmm The Drs will walk

allowing competition acrosss state lines, or choice of insurance from something as simple as the Congressional "exchange " would drop prices dramatically.

It's the insurance companies that didn't want to sell across state lines, not the Federal government.

I think you might want to do some research on private insurance.

Back
Top Bottom