Another Malaysian Airline Disaster?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PhilsFan

Blue Crack Addict
A Malaysian jet is missing again, this time over Ukraine. Early speculation is running wild after Russia has reportedly shot down several Ukraine jets this week already.

Such a shame. Under the assumption that this was indeed the Russians... what is it with them and shooting down civilian aircraft?

as far as I know that area was only released for commercial flights few days ago, just why in the hell would anyone want to fly over a zone where separatists got anti aircraft missiles ect ?

Well fuck... I just heard that a coworker we always had lunch with and who always came to our room to say hi was very likely on that flight. She's been happily telling us about the preparations for her holiday to Indonesia. Damn.

Well fuck... I just heard that a coworker we always had lunch with and who always came to our room to say hi was very likely on that flight. She's been happily telling us about the preparations for her holiday to Indonesia. Damn.

Damn, GG, I'm really sorry to hear that. Sincerely. There's a person like that anywhere you work and a presence like that will be missed.

Nothing is confirmed, so I don't know 100% for sure, but it is starting to look very likely.

She was indeed a presence, always cheerful, nice to everyone. Shite I hope they're wrong or that she missed her flight or something like that! :(

Putin has fanned the flames that led to this. And just gets rewarded by hosting Olympics and World Cups (and we know Blatter has no balls to move it from Russia or Qatar for that matter.) Though that is a bit off topic, allowing him to stroke his ego in the face of his wild behavior is what I'm getting at. I bet he wishes he could bring back the Soviet Union.

A tragedy, pretty flabbergasting to wake up to.

Such a shame. Under the assumption that this was indeed the Russians... what is it with them and shooting down civilian aircraft?

It's not something the US isn't guilty of either, is it?

as far as I know that area was only released for commercial flights few days ago, just why in the hell would anyone want to fly over a zone where separatists got anti aircraft missiles ect ?

From what I understood the UA government had declared it a no-fly zone, I don't remember it being reversed lately.

Putin has fanned the flames that led to this. And just gets rewarded by hosting Olympics and World Cups (and we know Blatter has no balls to move it from Russia or Qatar for that matter.) Though that is a bit off topic, allowing him to stroke his ego in the face of his wild behavior is what I'm getting at. I bet he wishes he could bring back the Soviet Union.

Where to start with this? :lol:

I do love it when many people just go the casual "Blame Russia!" route, and not taking into account the actions of the Ukrainian government which seems to get a free pass among many Westerners. And the whole "Putin wants the USSR back" is just lazy.

Where to start with this? :lol:

I do love it when many people just go the casual "Blame Russia!" route, and not taking into account the actions of the Ukrainian government which seems to get a free pass among many Westerners. And the whole "Putin wants the USSR back" is just lazy.

Pretty sure annexing part of a sovereign nation with little-to-no justification and then encouraging and funding open guerrilla warfare in another part of that country probably means you should likely get the blame when people start shooting. :shrug:

This is scary. I am on a plane every other week due to work, mostly on international flights. It is unbelievable that some terrorist could do something like this with such a level of malice...

Pretty sure annexing part of a sovereign nation with little-to-no justification and then encouraging and funding open guerrilla warfare in another part of that country probably means you should likely get the blame when people start shooting. :shrug:

You missed my point, annexing a part of a country (no matter how the people living there felt about it) is not justified, but so quickly so many of you are jumping to these conclusions regardless of the UA government's recent actions and motives. It's not that simple.

Why was the flight path changed?

On the 15th the same flight was made to avoid the regions of conflict.

tumblr_n8vedjr3bw1riizp3o2_1280.png

But why did it change to go right through the heart of the conflict? Why did it happen?

tumblr_n8vedjr3bw1riizp3o1_1280.png

The plane was reportedly 10km above the ground, from what I understand the rebels only have weapons/equipment that can reach up to 3km.

A referendum in March — widely dismissed as a farce — saw the territory incorporated into Russia.

Both the self proclaimed 'people's republics' are not and have never claimed to already be part of Russia. :doh: And it's interesting that this 'farce' had more enthusiastic involvement than the 'proper and fair' presidential elections did.

Believe me, I'm no pro-nationalist anti-Russian character.

I wasn't even referring to KAL 007. I was speaking a bit more modern day, referring to Siberia Airlines Flight 1812 in 2001 (as a BSAE I tend to read into aviation disaster a lot).

But wasn't that an error by the Ukrainian armed forces? I don't remember that crash at all, but upon reading, the Ukrainian armed forces even admitted that they were most likely at fault for it on that particular occasion.

(I was reading on Wikipedia so FWIW feel free to correct me)

But wasn't that an error by the Ukrainian armed forces? I don't remember that crash at all, but upon reading, the Ukrainian armed forces even admitted that they were most likely at fault for it on that particular occasion.

(I was reading on Wikipedia so FWIW feel free to correct me)

Sorry, my post was supposed to say I was *actually* referring to the Ukranian event.

Meaning, I was erroneously counting that as Russian in my head.

Back
Top Bottom