An open letter to George W. Bush

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that might be because we're concerned that people have died for WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION that were never found, never existed, and were fabricated in order to facilitate a needless invasion in a country that posed no threat at all to the united states.

The hard fact is, that so long as Saddam remains in power, he threatens the well being of his people, the peace of his region, THE SECURITY OF THE WORLD. The best way to end that threat, once and for all, is with a new Iraqi government, a government ready to live in peace with its neighbors, a government that respects the rights of its people.

Bill Clinton

YouTube - Clinton: Iraq Has Abused Its Final Chance

nor does it absolve them from their very clear and very distinct break from Clinton and Bush 41-era containment policies.

Do you know what those containment policies involved? Do you realize that sanctions, the weapons embargo had nearly completely eroded by the fall of 2002? Without sanctions, without the weapons embargo, without the full support of Iraq's neighbors and key members of the international community, containment, even if it were an effective strategy in dealing with Saddam, is impossible.

Brilliant letter to a brilliant man. The idiots who denounce Bush demostrate to the world that they are idiots because they have voted in a man for no reason other than he is black! This man speaks of hope and change and the idiot sheep buy every word. Now see The One is president and already he is breaking every major campaign promise he made. In fact, bush is vinidcated by the fact the idiot's president, obama,
is already continuing all of Bush's major policies. Wire taps, no time table for iraq, win in Afghanistan, keeping the Bush tax cuts, no winfall tax on the oil companies, no universal healthcare crapola, and foreign policy pretty much the same. You see liberal idiots, when a guy is not in power and responsible for the country it is easy to criticize him. But when that man now OWNS the economy, the wars, the foreign policiy he can't just make idiot statements and not worry about the consequences. So all you idiots who hated Bush are looking mighty stupid because your Messian is already showing that he will do very much the same as Bush. Obama claimed he would close gitmo butnow we see he has no answer as to what to do with the prisoners. George bush did a good job despiste all the idiots who bashed him everyday. And now we will all see the hypocrisy of the democrats as we watch them take full responsiblity for the economy and wars. If they do what they have always said they would do, they will make things far worse and be out on 4 years. if they do what has to be done, they will vindicate Goerge W Bush!

Dad? Is that you??

I don't believe this person specifically called anyone who has posted in this thread an idiot.

:hmm:

You see liberal idiots, when a guy is not in power and responsible for the country it is easy to criticize him.

So all you idiots who hated Bush are looking mighty stupid because

Certainly seems like that was posted in direct response to people in this thread.

The work was backbreaking and difficult and, from the bottom of my heart, I thank you for being one of the best and strongest presidents in U.S. history.

Unfortunately, some of the people you served didn't see you the same way as I do. I really can't blame them. They have lived for years in a state of security and a feeling that America is untouchable and that they will always be safe.

:rolleyes:

What a load of fucking crap i have ever read. He was the worst president EVER! Could have prevented 911 because he was approached by CIA with a report about bin laden before 911 but bush decides to ignore it.

oh well, its the end of an ERROR.

bye-bye bush. good riddance.

Dear George,

Don't hit yourself with the door on the way out.
There's a good man.

Yours,
The Rest of the World

come to think of it, this is exactly the kind of letter i'd write to wind people up.

anyone else think that that's a real possibility here?

come to think of it, this is exactly the kind of letter i'd write to wind people up.

anyone else think that that's a real possibility here?

The mere presence and posts by the handful of Bush supporters that come here is more than enough to get what is politically in the United States, a far left forum, all wound up. FYM would be quite a liberal bubble without them.:wink:

The average, moderate American thinks that Bush fucked up the past eight years.

Bush did keep the country safe after 9/11. I'll give him that.

The man who was on watch when America suffered her greatest defeat, you want to credit for not allowing it to happen a 2nd time?

This is just a well-orchestrated marketing strategy by the administration and it's right-wing water-carriers to give Bush something to hang his hat on.

The reality is that America has been hit twice on its own soil. Once in '93 and once in '01. There's not, but if there IS a pattern to Al Qaeda's ability to strike, it would be once every 8 years. It takes years to plan and it's just not that easy...especially with increased airport and border security and heightened public awareness.

You want to give Bush credit for that? Fine, but a monkey would've done that.

especially with increased airport and border security and heightened public awareness.

Well some people were against this and the Patriot Act made it easier to track terrorists. I guess the people who were against it were dumber than "monkeys" as you say.

Well some people were against this and the Patriot Act made it easier to track terrorists. I guess the people who were against it were dumber than "monkeys" as you say.

you know that not a single person who was a victim of "extraordinary rendition" was ever found to have any link at all to terrorism. not even one.

The average, moderate American thinks that Bush fucked up the past eight years.

Bush leaves office with a higher approval rating than Truman did. Certainly, the "average, moderate American" did not think highly of Truman in 1953, but over time, things changed once a serious objective analysis free of political bias started to be done by many people.

Gerald Ford left office with a relatively high approval rating, but evaluations of his presidency have tumbled over time.

and that's about as relevant as any other example, and are less self-serving.

so only time will tell how Bush did. Frankly, I thought he did great. I don't think any president could have prevented 9/11. certainly not Al Gore :lol: He did a lot that everyone thought was unpopular, and it seems as though those people congregate on interference :wink:

I don't think time is as much a factor these days on legacy as it was with Truman and Ford. With technology and media we have much more access to information, therefore I don't think time plays the factor it once did... Unless new information comes out or something good comes out of one of Bush's left over policies history will not be kind...

This campaign was proof enough, when the Republican canidate was distancing himself from the two term president...

Bush leaves office with a higher approval rating than Truman did.

That's because he couldn't even pronounce nuclear.

Certainly, the "average, moderate American" did not think highly of Truman in 1953, but over time, things changed once a serious objective analysis free of political bias started to be done by many people.

So what long term solutions has Bush put in place to ensure a new golden age? Serious question.

I don't think time is as much a factor these days on legacy as it was with Truman and Ford. With technology and media we have much more access to information, therefore I don't think time plays the factor it once did... Unless new information comes out or something good comes out of one of Bush's left over policies history will not be kind...

This campaign was proof enough, when the Republican canidate was distancing himself from the two term president...
I find it hard to believe that you can be so short sighted, on the other hand look at JFK and how peoples attitudes can be utterly divorced from reality after decades.

I find it hard to believe that you can be so short sighted, on the other hand look at JFK and how peoples attitudes can be utterly divorced from reality after decades.

How is what I said "short sighted"? You don't think technology and media is playing a role in changing the way we record history?

You think it's going to take the same amount of time as it has in the past?

Yes I do, and it is quite arguable that modern technology and media provide less information than they did 30 years ago.

I think that it still takes time for policy decisions to play out, for insiders to reveal a clearer picture of what happened, and for the general attitudes to become removed enough for more objective evaluation.

Bush has been one of the most divisive presidents in US history, and the problems which he dealt with and contributed to aren't monocausal.

For better or worse Bush will probably be far more important than Clinton, and we should see some serious scrutiny of his presidency for a good long while.

Yes I do, and it is quite arguable that modern technology and media provide less information than they did 30 years ago.

I think that it still takes time for policy decisions to play out, for insiders to reveal a clearer picture of what happened, and for the general attitudes to become removed enough for more objective evaluation.

Well I stated that if some of his policies play out positively or something comes out then things can change, but I do believe that technology and media are changing the role of time in writing history...

you know that not a single person who was a victim of "extraordinary rendition" was ever found to have any link at all to terrorism. not even one.

Yeah and they let go of a terrorist that went out into the battlefield. I don't think errors that happen in war mean Obama will want to remove the Patriot Act.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom