An open letter to George W. Bush - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2009, 07:36 PM   #136
Refugee

Local Time: 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
the truth is that "the surge" was an effective short-term military tactic that was buttressed by some fundamental shifts in the population away from AQI after several superlatively debauched attacks on Iraqi citizens. however, what "the surge" has done most effectively is to make sure that American blood and treasure will continue to be poured into the sands of Mesopotamia for another decade.
Let's try to decode this.

George W gets little credit for the Surge. Obama gets all the credit for a "responsible exit."

Old 01-25-2009, 08:07 PM   #137
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Wanderer View Post
I thought that liberals were supposed to value diversity.
What do you mean by diversity?

I value respect for the rights to have views. I respect their right to say that my views make them ill.

But I'm going to debate the weak, poorly thought out views to the death.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:51 PM   #138
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
Let's try to decode this.

George W gets little credit for the Surge. Obama gets all the credit for a "responsible exit."

has Obama gotten credit for anything yet? he only stepped into office last Tuesday.

you are right about the Surge. poor George. McCain tried to take all the credit for that.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:52 PM   #139
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
That financeguy is an exception because he isn't one of those stupid American conservatives?

don't quit your day job and start reading palms for cash.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:16 PM   #140
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:56 PM
It was a question, albeit a rhetorical one.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:28 PM   #141
Blue Crack Supplier

Old 01-28-2009, 11:02 PM   #142
The Fly

Local Time: 10:56 AM
Achtung Bono is totally correct!

Bush made the hardest and bravest decisions and he know he would'nt be popular with certain sections of society, but he did it to rid the world of the very worst terrorists!
Can you imagine if someone else was president and decided to let Bin Laden and friends as well as Suddam and freinds run freely throughout the world spreading terror and recruiting at will. What a different place the world would be now.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:38 PM   #143
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am View Post

Bush made the hardest and bravest decisions and he know he would'nt be popular with certain sections of society, but he did it to rid the world of the very worst terrorists!
Can you imagine if someone else was president and decided to let Bin Laden and friends as well as Suddam and freinds run freely throughout the world spreading terror and recruiting at will. What a different place the world would be now.
Do you have knowledge that Bin Laden isn't free?

What makes you think recruiting has gone down?
Old 01-29-2009, 11:20 AM   #144
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

you think Saddam Hussein was a terrorist in the model of Bin Laden?
Old 01-29-2009, 12:26 PM   #145
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
This is the part of the statement that gets me, and one that I've heard before. Do you honestly think that any other president than Bush would have given Bin Laden free reign to go about the world, terrorizing?

I think that any other president - Democratic or Republican - probably would have focussed on the task at hand, and used their resources to go after the actual source of the problem, rather than get stuck in a 6+ year quagmire, one that many predicted at the time would be an incredible waste of time, expense and lives. But here were are, years later, Bin Laden is still in a cave, and Bush has essentially run the most effective Al Qaeda recruitment program ever. Well done, Bush.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:41 PM   #146
Babyface

Local Time: 03:56 AM
I ain't reading all that.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:31 PM   #147
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:56 PM
Of course sad-aaaaam was a terrorist guys, and, and, and my word you just better believe me guys, the world will bow down and say heckuva job george, my word, one of these days the world will beg W to return in glory like the son of heaven!

OH YEAAAAH!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 08:13 AM   #148
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
This is the part of the statement that gets me, and one that I've heard before. Do you honestly think that any other president than Bush would have given Bin Laden free reign to go about the world, terrorizing?
I know this kills me too. The conservative noisemakers (Limbaugh, Coulter et.al) know that this isn't true, but they say it because it sells books. The rank and file that buy into this nonsense, are, for a lack of a better word, fools. "The Democrats want to welcome the terorists and destory America." Please. What a lot of crap!
Old 01-30-2009, 08:38 AM   #149
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Hello To All,
I don't make it a habit of posting in here (FYM) very often but I think in this case I'll make an exception, first some background - I was a middle road Republican for most of my years but Bush had really cured me of that! His ineptness of every important decision that he had to make, I mean in my opinion, he dropped the ball on almost everything. But the biggest reason that I dislike him and may never vote for a Republican again was what happened after 9/11. My ties to 9/11 are strong, I'm in business and while may base is in FLA, I travel to the northeast US almost weekly. I was in Sarasota that morning of 9/11, I drove by SRQ Int'l Airport to see Airforce One on the tarmac and I heard the sirens from Bush's motorcade while it sped to the Airport at 9:30. I remember when Bush stated we will get him (Bin Laden) dead or alive and I believed him. I had colleagues that were in the Towers that morning, almost all of them made it out. I saw the devastation this tragedy caused the families of the ones that didn't make it out. I saw the the abandoned cars at the rail stations and met a widow who drove every morning after 9/11 to a station in northern Jersey just to make sure her husband didn't somehow make it back to drive his car home. I had to fly on the first day that we were allowed for air travel again, I saw the military flight fly below the Commercial flights over DC and NY. My conservative freinds tell me to just let this go but I can't... they tell me that Clinton really "blew the chance to get Bin Laden"... they tell me that Bin Laden was alive but probably living in a cave somewhere and to that I say his head should be on a pike somewhere in Washington to remind people that we shall NEVER EVER FORGET what happened that day and the person who perpatrated this crime will never draw another breath again.

YBOR
Old 02-01-2009, 01:34 PM   #150
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I thought that liberals were supposed to value diversity.
Wrong kind of diversity.