America Dies On Dunkin - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2009, 02:19 PM   #16
War Child

Local Time: 09:18 PM
I'm not encouraging it for every meal. I don't think it's something to fear once in a while. Moderation works for everything, you can get fat on Healthy Choice if you don't limit yourself.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:20 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

MrsS, my problem with PETA is they like to make a point about animal rights at the expense of humans. They almost killed my friend's sister by trying to blow up the building she worked in. It doesn't surprise me they'd try to "shame" women into vegetarianism. You make a good point about the man in the speedo.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:21 PM   #18
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
I just meant it's better to have than have not, no matter how "unhealthy" the food. We're blessed.
Are we blessed in the since that we have a junk food problem instead of famine problem? Of course. But why don't we compare ourselves to countries or situations that are a little more similar. If we do that, we'll see we're not that blessed.

Quote:
You can get away with eating dunkin and McD's and still be healthy.
On occasion? Of course. Steady diet? No way.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
my problem with PETA is they like to make a point about animal rights at the expense of humans. They almost killed my friend's sister by trying to blow up the building she worked in. It doesn't surprise me they'd try to "shame" women into vegetarianism
Sorry about your friend's sister, and I agree with you

Feministing: Main

"Seriously? This shit is just shameful. Consider this woman's reaction after seeing the billboard:

"I was planning on taking [my family] to the beach to enjoy the beautiful day when I saw a billboard that made me want to cry.

...We all sat there and stared at it for a minute and everyone in the car was silent. No one wanted to mention my weight. I laughed it off as usual, but it really had made me so embarrassed, so self conscious and so ashamed about my weight that I dropped off my family at the oceanfront and left to go home, making the excuse that I wasn't feeling well.
"

PETA Takes the Cake With ‘Save The Whales’ Billboard at Deceiver.com

"The PETA press release that follows is exactly what you would expect — no empathy for humans whatsoever, just a lot of B.S. about how vegetarianism will make fat people just a little bit less of a blight on humanity. In honor of them, I’ve compiled a list of vegetarian foods that will definitely make you skinny:

* Häagen-Dazs
* French fries*
* Funnel cake
* Nachos
* Onion rings*
* Potato chips*
* Fettuccine alfredo
* Pizza
* Mozzarella sticks
* Bloomin’ Onion/Awesome Blossom*
* Hash browns*
* Belgian waffles
* Twinkies
* Cookies
* Soda*
* Soy venti frappuccino*
* Cupcakes
* Doughnuts
* Brownies
* Veggie corn dogs*
* Chips and queso
* Potato skins
* Macaroni and cheese
* Samosas*
* Cinnabon
* Beer*

Asterisks denote items that are vegan. You could eat nothing but what’s on this list and be a card-carrying vegetarian, but I doubt you’d be thin. I think they owe some Jacksonville residents a huge apology, but excuse me if I don’t hold my breath."
Old 08-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
You can get away with eating dunkin and McD's and still be healthy. I'm living proof.
I'd be careful of believing that. It's quite possible to be thin, while still having fat surrounding your organs, rather than being plump on the outside. And, yes, as its been said, being in a chronic state like this will eventually catch up to you when you're old.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:56 PM   #21
War Child

Well my latest CBC gave me no reason to worry, if something gets me so be it. I could die happy for a doughnut some days. You should see my 86yr old grandfather go to town on his food with the salt shaker. lol I have bigger problems to worry about.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:38 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:18 AM
If Americans smoked and drank more, maybe they wouldn't stuff their faces with donuts and hamburgers?
Old 08-17-2009, 03:44 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

I think there's plenty of smoking and drinking going on
Old 08-17-2009, 03:45 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I think there's plenty of smoking and drinking going on
Actually, statistically there's a lot less in the US than in the 1950s, for example. Would you say the country is happier now or then?
Old 08-17-2009, 03:47 PM   #25
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
If Americans smoked and drank more, maybe they wouldn't stuff their faces with donuts and hamburgers?

i think if Americans had more healthy sex then they wouldn't stuff their faces so much.

there seems to be to be a huge correlation between the unhealthiness of one's cultural diet and the amount of psychosexual repression in this country.

everyone's got to have a vice, and it could well be argued that a few glasses of wine, a cigarette, and some sex is far, far better for your health than Popeyes and Cold Stone.

i am very anti-tobacco for a variety of reasons, but it's a matter of degree, and one cigarette per day is probably better for you than one donut per day.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:53 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:18 PM
Quote:
Actually, statistically there's a lot less in the US than in the 1950s, for example. Would you say the country is happier now or then?
How many of us would really want to live in the 50's? I know I sure as hell wouldn't. Maybe straight, white guys wouldn't mind, but I can't imagine others liking it.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:15 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i think if Americans had more healthy sex then they wouldn't stuff their faces so much.

there seems to be to be a huge correlation between the unhealthiness of one's cultural diet and the amount of psychosexual repression in this country.

everyone's got to have a vice, and it could well be argued that a few glasses of wine, a cigarette, and some sex is far, far better for your health than Popeyes and Cold Stone.

i am very anti-tobacco for a variety of reasons, but it's a matter of degree, and one cigarette per day is probably better for you than one donut per day.
DUDE! I'm going to be in your hood tomorrow, and I'm trying to find a place to get a tattoo in the U-Street downtown area that won't give me hepatitis. E-mail me, perhaps you can join us for dinner before hand. And any tat location recommendations are welcome! exwhyzee @gmail.com
Old 08-17-2009, 04:57 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I'd have been much happier back when I couldn't attend an Ivy League school or have the career opportunities that I have now or see my gay and interracial friends marry....
Old 08-17-2009, 05:18 PM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

I agree with you here, we are still dealing with the legacy of puritanism.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:21 PM   #30
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
"I speak the truth to people and just assume that that my data and purpose are so real and true that everyone will see the value of what I'm doing," says Newsom, who now works at a prison, doing exams of inmates.
nice. so basically he just pulls statistics he hears out of his ass without doing any research on if it's true or not. i'm not gonna lie, we all know doughnuts and soda are unhealthy. but i don't see how he expects to be respected and valued if he's not even necessarily giving facts.