Afterlife

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, it's not quite the same. If I can change someone's opinion on an important political issue, I can change their vote, which has a legitimate impact on my life. Their religion?

If (and this is an almost impossible "if") you could downgrade a fundamentalist to simply a pious person, that would have a much greater impact than changing somebody's opinion on a political issue.

If (and this is an almost impossible "if") you could downgrade a fundamentalist to simply a pious person, that would have a much greater impact than changing somebody's opinion on a political issue.

Assuming that all religious people are fundamentalists, of course. :wink: I'm certainly not even close to that.

I didn't say anywhere that they were. Only that I think it is much more valuable to "downgrade" a fundamentalist than change the opinion of a person on one isolated political issue.

Most people are not religious fundamentalists. I do consider all those who are to be dangerous in their own ways. And together they are a recipe for disaster IMO.

I certainly wouldn't rule out the possibility of an afterlife. Purely from a scientific standpoint, we don't truly know what consciousness is. There isn't even consensus amongst scientists that consciousness is something that is purely the result of chemical/electrical activity in the brain. If consciousness turns out to be in the realms of quantum physics, all bets are off. Death could only be....the beginning :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom