ACLU Investigating Police Militarization

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pearl

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has launched a nationwide campaign to assess police militarization in the United States. Starting Wednesday, ACLU affiliates in 23 states are sending open records requests to hundreds of state and local police agencies requesting information about their SWAT teams, such as how often and for what reasons they're deployed, what types of weapons they use, how often citizens are injured during SWAT raids, and how they're funded. More affiliates may join the effort in the coming weeks.
Additionally, the affiliates will ask for information about drones, GPS tracking devices, how much military equipment the police agencies have obtained through programs run through the Pentagon and the Department of Homeland Security, and how often and for what purpose state National Guards are participating in enforcement of drug laws.
"We've known for a while now that American neighborhoods are increasingly being policed by cops armed with the weapons and tactics of war," said Kara Dansky, senior counsel at the ACLU's Center for Justice, which is coordinating the investigation. "The aim of this investigation is to find out just how pervasive this is, and to what extent federal funding is incentivizing this trend."

ACLU Launches Nationwide Police Militarization Investigation

First the drones in foreign lands.

Then there's reports of drones spotted here in America.

Now this. I never knew it was so bad. I heard about what happened in Arkansas, but didn't know it was elsewhere.

Something is going on that has been happening for many years and it is worsening.

Before anyone says this is proof that Obama is going to be our first dictator and will unleash his brown shirt army, please realize that Bush did wiretapping, the War on Drugs has wreaked havoc on this country for decades. So I am not buying into the right wing conspiracies nor the conspiracies of the Illuminati and the New World Order.

But something smells, and I'm starting to get nervous.

I was speaking about this to an old college professor of mine, and he said he thinks the government is preparing for mass riots over the economy, much like those in Europe. Maybe that is the case, but how many Americans are going to understand that?

I was speaking about this to an old college professor of mine, and he said he thinks the government is preparing for mass riots over the economy, much like those in Europe. Maybe that is the case,

but how many Americans are going to understand that?

This one will. See my United States of Entropy thread.

Not only are we as a nation hellbent on following Europe off the cliff of fiscal insolvency and cultural suicide but we are also no longer the America that could wait patiently in soup lines during the depression, views thrift as a virtue, can delay self-gratification or that will seek any kind of work to make ends meet.

Diagnosis: economic sclerosis with secondary national apathy.

Prognosis: ?

Prognosis: :panic::panic:

It's End Times, people. I hope your shelters have been stocked and your prayers have been said. Load up your weapons. Jesus is a-comin!

I for one won't be delaying self gratification, if you get my meaning

Not only are we as a nation hellbent on following Europe off the cliff of fiscal insolvency and cultural suicide but we are also no longer the America that could wait patiently in soup lines during the depression, views thrift as a virtue, can delay self-gratification or that will seek any kind of work to make ends meet.

Without Obama none of this would've happened. That's the real tragedy.

Cheer up, INDY. Everything actually is getting better and the Europeans are quite envious of our economy, actually.

I'd rather be in this country than in Spain where there's 25% unemployment, and even higher among my age group.

Back
Top Bottom