Abortion Doctor Shot and Killed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let me get this straight the Conservative/Republican view is that unborn children and stem cells are to be treated as precious commodities.

The same Conservative/Republican view sent thousands of our Troops to be killed and maimed in the "War On Terror" in Iraq, a country that in no way shape or form had anything to do with the 9/11 attacks while the Perpetraitor of said attacks is (or could be) alive.

Now Folks that's what I would call irony.......

To be fair, thousands (troops sent) =/= millions (aborted yearly). :shrug:

Joe Evangelical Christian

Can I have a name? Because 99% percent of anti-abortion advocates that I've seen have completely and utterly condemned the murder, and have stated that they support strong punishment for the guy. I have no problem with him getting the death penalty.

Can I have a name? Because 99% percent of anti-abortion advocates that I've seen have completely and utterly condemned the murder, and have stated that they support strong punishment for the guy. I have no problem with him getting the death penalty.

We'll see when sentencing time comes along, won't we ?

Betcha there will be calls to spare him from the far right if convicted and sentenced to death.

There's something about Kansas law that he will not face the death penalty if convicted; something about "special circumstances" in a murder that can lead to a death sentence, for instance killing a child.

There's something about Kansas law that he will not face the death penalty if convicted; something about "special circumstances" in a murder that can lead to a death sentence, for instance killing a child.

I'm pretty sure all states that have the death penalty have a special or aggravating circumstances rule.

Here's a link to a list of those factors by state.

i absolutely agree with you.

however, calling abortion "murder" and referring to doctors as "baby killers" creates an atmosphere that encourages the deranged fringe.

The second part....I don't know....maybe you didn't mean it this way but I see some STRONG fanatical stances on abortion coming from people who have never even known anyone facing such a decision, let alone having first hand experience (I have several members of my extended family in mind, not people here because I don't know their circumstance or experience).

that is exactly what i meant. you can be for or against abortion all the way until it's you that is forced into a tough situation.

for example, you are strongly against abortion but you find out that your baby will be born with severe incurable defects and will live their whole short life in misery and agony. what do you do?

or the same could go the other way. you could be all for abortion, having never been pregnant, but when it's you that gets knocked up when you werent expecting it, you might think twice.

or the same could go the other way. you could be all for abortion, having never been pregnant, but when it's you that gets knocked up when you werent expecting it, you might think twice.

Well, it's not exactly analog. A person with a "pro-choice" position usually says "I might not want to abort, but don't deny another person to chose otherwise." Thus, there would be no reason to think twice. If she decides not to abort it doesn't make her "pro-life" or "anti-choice".
They normally make the decision for themselves, while pro-lifers want to make the decision for others as well.

Well, it's not exactly analog. A person with a "pro-choice" position usually says "I might not want to abort, but don't deny another person to chose otherwise." Thus, there would be no reason to think twice. If she decides not to abort it doesn't make her "pro-life" or "anti-choice".
They normally make the decision for themselves, while pro-lifers want to make the decision for others as well.

thats true, although my original thought was directed more at the pro-lifers for exactly that reason.

"i feel it's morally wrong, so therefore i'll never do it, and also NOBODY should be allowed to do it."

Bauer Calls on Obama to Remember William Long

WASHINGTON, June 3 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Former presidential candidate Gary Bauer on Wednesday called on President Barack Obama to be as diligent in protecting and defending the American military as he is in reaching out to Arab nations. Bauer's statement came on the heels of the murder of Army recruiter William Long who was killed this week by a Muslim convert who said he was targeting military locations among other sites, according to media reports.

The president of American Values and chairman of the Campaign for Working Families made the following statement:

"Private William Long was murdered in cold blood this week. The 24-year old Army recruiter was mowed down outside the Army recruiting station where he worked by Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad, a Muslim convert formerly known as Carlos Bledsoe. Muhammad wounded another soldier, Private Quinton Ezeagwula. The jihadist had recently returned from Yemen, where he studied under an Islamic scholar who apparently forgot to tell him that his new faith was a 'religion of peace.' Muhammad had been under investigation by the U.S. Federal Task Force on Terrorism. How did he get his weapons and commit these crimes when he was under investigation?

"The sound you heard after this terrorist attack was silence. President Obama, who immediately condemned the murder of abortionist George Tiller on Sunday, still has not - more than 24 hours later - said one public word about the cowardly attack on these soldiers. The U.S. Justice Department, which sent federal marshals yesterday to guard abortion centers, has sent no one to guard our military recruitment offices, even though more than 100 of those offices have been attacked in recent years.

"Big Media, which is doing its best to link the killing of George Tiller to the mainstream pro-life movement, is going out of its way to assert that there is no evidence that Abdulhakim Muhammad had any connection to Muslim groups. The few exceptions where there is coverage only prove the rule. For the mainstream media, this is a non-story.

"The American media are failing to fulfill their responsibility to bring all the facts to the American people, even facts that don't fit the media's worldview. As for the president, he is the commander-in-chief. He is responsible for the wellbeing of our men and women in uniform. His silence in the face of this brutal attack is shameful. I call upon the president to apply as much energy in engaging the world in defense of America and our military men and women as he spends in apologizing for America and in reaching out to those who hate America and wish our destruction. And I also ask that the president give the same protection to our soldiers in recruiting centers as he is now giving to abortion centers."

Don't hold your breath.

Encounters with U.S. military personnel were among things former President George W. Bush missed since leaving office, he said Thursday.

The often-tearful meetings he had with relatives of fallen soldiers were "in some ways, it was very uplifting," the Texas Republican said in a speech to The Economic Club of Southwestern Michigan at Lake Michigan College.

Who loved the troops more than Bush?
he even loved them after they died.
Such capacity for love is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom