Abortion Doctor Shot and Killed - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2009, 07:06 PM   #91
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBORCITYOBL View Post
Let me get this straight the Conservative/Republican view is that unborn children and stem cells are to be treated as precious commodities.

The same Conservative/Republican view sent thousands of our Troops to be killed and maimed in the "War On Terror" in Iraq, a country that in no way shape or form had anything to do with the 9/11 attacks while the Perpetraitor of said attacks is (or could be) alive.

Now Folks that's what I would call irony.......
To be fair, thousands (troops sent) =/= millions (aborted yearly).

Old 06-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toscano View Post
Joe Evangelical Christian
Can I have a name? Because 99% percent of anti-abortion advocates that I've seen have completely and utterly condemned the murder, and have stated that they support strong punishment for the guy. I have no problem with him getting the death penalty.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:52 PM   #93
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by toscano View Post
Joe Evangelical Christian
I love massive generalisations based on microscopic samples.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:21 PM   #94
Refugee

Local Time: 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
Can I have a name? Because 99% percent of anti-abortion advocates that I've seen have completely and utterly condemned the murder, and have stated that they support strong punishment for the guy. I have no problem with him getting the death penalty.
We'll see when sentencing time comes along, won't we ?

Betcha there will be calls to spare him from the far right if convicted and sentenced to death.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:16 PM   #95
Blue Crack Distributor

There's something about Kansas law that he will not face the death penalty if convicted; something about "special circumstances" in a murder that can lead to a death sentence, for instance killing a child.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:33 PM   #96
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
There's something about Kansas law that he will not face the death penalty if convicted; something about "special circumstances" in a murder that can lead to a death sentence, for instance killing a child.
I'm pretty sure all states that have the death penalty have a special or aggravating circumstances rule.

Here's a link to a list of those factors by state.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:34 PM   #97
Blue Crack Distributor

Huh, good to know. Thanks.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:09 AM   #98
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post

i absolutely agree with you.

however, calling abortion "murder" and referring to doctors as "baby killers" creates an atmosphere that encourages the deranged fringe.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:54 AM   #99
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
The second part....I don't know....maybe you didn't mean it this way but I see some STRONG fanatical stances on abortion coming from people who have never even known anyone facing such a decision, let alone having first hand experience (I have several members of my extended family in mind, not people here because I don't know their circumstance or experience).

that is exactly what i meant. you can be for or against abortion all the way until it's you that is forced into a tough situation.

for example, you are strongly against abortion but you find out that your baby will be born with severe incurable defects and will live their whole short life in misery and agony. what do you do?

or the same could go the other way. you could be all for abortion, having never been pregnant, but when it's you that gets knocked up when you werent expecting it, you might think twice.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:03 AM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn2441 View Post

or the same could go the other way. you could be all for abortion, having never been pregnant, but when it's you that gets knocked up when you werent expecting it, you might think twice.
Well, it's not exactly analog. A person with a "pro-choice" position usually says "I might not want to abort, but don't deny another person to chose otherwise." Thus, there would be no reason to think twice. If she decides not to abort it doesn't make her "pro-life" or "anti-choice".
They normally make the decision for themselves, while pro-lifers want to make the decision for others as well.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:48 AM   #101
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
Well, it's not exactly analog. A person with a "pro-choice" position usually says "I might not want to abort, but don't deny another person to chose otherwise." Thus, there would be no reason to think twice. If she decides not to abort it doesn't make her "pro-life" or "anti-choice".
They normally make the decision for themselves, while pro-lifers want to make the decision for others as well.
thats true, although my original thought was directed more at the pro-lifers for exactly that reason.

"i feel it's morally wrong, so therefore i'll never do it, and also NOBODY should be allowed to do it."
Old 06-03-2009, 02:55 PM   #102
War Child

Bauer Calls on Obama to Remember William Long

WASHINGTON, June 3 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Former presidential candidate Gary Bauer on Wednesday called on President Barack Obama to be as diligent in protecting and defending the American military as he is in reaching out to Arab nations. Bauer's statement came on the heels of the murder of Army recruiter William Long who was killed this week by a Muslim convert who said he was targeting military locations among other sites, according to media reports.

The president of American Values and chairman of the Campaign for Working Families made the following statement:

"Private William Long was murdered in cold blood this week. The 24-year old Army recruiter was mowed down outside the Army recruiting station where he worked by Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad, a Muslim convert formerly known as Carlos Bledsoe. Muhammad wounded another soldier, Private Quinton Ezeagwula. The jihadist had recently returned from Yemen, where he studied under an Islamic scholar who apparently forgot to tell him that his new faith was a 'religion of peace.' Muhammad had been under investigation by the U.S. Federal Task Force on Terrorism. How did he get his weapons and commit these crimes when he was under investigation?

"The sound you heard after this terrorist attack was silence. President Obama, who immediately condemned the murder of abortionist George Tiller on Sunday, still has not - more than 24 hours later - said one public word about the cowardly attack on these soldiers. The U.S. Justice Department, which sent federal marshals yesterday to guard abortion centers, has sent no one to guard our military recruitment offices, even though more than 100 of those offices have been attacked in recent years.

"Big Media, which is doing its best to link the killing of George Tiller to the mainstream pro-life movement, is going out of its way to assert that there is no evidence that Abdulhakim Muhammad had any connection to Muslim groups. The few exceptions where there is coverage only prove the rule. For the mainstream media, this is a non-story.

"The American media are failing to fulfill their responsibility to bring all the facts to the American people, even facts that don't fit the media's worldview. As for the president, he is the commander-in-chief. He is responsible for the wellbeing of our men and women in uniform. His silence in the face of this brutal attack is shameful. I call upon the president to apply as much energy in engaging the world in defense of America and our military men and women as he spends in apologizing for America and in reaching out to those who hate America and wish our destruction. And I also ask that the president give the same protection to our soldiers in recruiting centers as he is now giving to abortion centers."

Don't hold your breath.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #103
Blue Crack Supplier

Obama doesn't care about US troops.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:18 PM   #104
War Child

Nah, it's deeper than just him.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:50 PM   #105
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:30 AM
Only the guys that support sending them out to endless wars care about the troops.