Abortion Doctor Shot and Killed - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2009, 09:00 PM   #31
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
The only people who aren't replying that the act of assassinating a doctor is disgusting are the ones who want to take potshots at liberals.

Quote:
Dr. George Tiller, late-term abortionist, was murdered today just after 10 am in the lobby of Reformation Lutheran Church in Wichita, KS, where he and his wife were active members.

Whoever murdered George Tiller has done a gravely wicked thing. The evil of this action is in no way diminished by the blood George Tiller had on his own hands. No private individual had the right to execute judgment against him. We are a nation of laws. Lawless violence breeds only more lawless violence. Rightly or wrongly, George Tiller was acquitted by a jury of his peers. "Vengeance is mine, says the Lord." For the sake of justice and right, the perpetrator of this evil deed must be prosecuted, convicted, and punished.

By word and deed, let us teach that violence against abortionists is not the answer to the violence of abortion. Every human life is precious. George Tiller's life was precious. We do not teach the wrongness of taking human life by wrongfully taking a human life. Let our "weapons" in the fight to defend the lives of abortion's tiny victims, be chaste weapons of the Spirit.

Our prayers are with the family of Dr. George Tiller
during this difficult time of loss.

From Jill Stanek’s PRO-Life site.

When it would have been easier to look the other way, Jill Stanek’s commitment to Christ led her to risk her job, reputation, and friendships to stop the terrible practices of abortion and infanticide.

Jill Stanek

Old 05-31-2009, 09:19 PM   #32
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
From Jill Stanek’s PRO-Life site.

When it would have been easier to look the other way, Jill Stanek’s commitment to Christ led her to risk her job, reputation, and friendships to stop the terrible practices of abortion and infanticide.

Jill Stanek
I was talking about the thread itself.

But I understand what you're saying, regardless.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:04 PM   #33
Refugee

Great, why didn't he blow up a clinic as well, that too would help the pro-life reputation.

lame sarcasm I know
Old 05-31-2009, 11:21 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:33 PM
This is a tragedy and a crime.

Prayers are with the doctor and his family.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:45 AM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan1977 View Post
This is a tragedy and a crime.

Prayers are with the doctor and his family.
ditto.

it made matters worse.

<>
Old 06-01-2009, 09:05 AM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:33 PM
If someone really is pro-life, and really believe abortion (or in this case specifically, late-term abortion) is the murder of a baby, how can they not applaud this shooting?

I think that's why I'm not (at least I don't consider myself) pro-life anymore. I did, at one time. I felt like nobody could give me an answer to the question "when does the foetus become sentient/self aware" so, objectively, I always leaned toward erring on the side of caution; don't kill it, it might be alive. A difficult position for my generally far left leaning self, as most of the people I associate(d) with were more left as well, and in any group I generally stuck out as the only pro-lifer. And I'd get in heated debates. And the worst part of it was I generally believed/agreed with most of the points the pro-choicers made, in particular the argument that desperate women will always find a way, but that people would die in the process.

But I don't think I could shoot down a doctor who performs abortions. It would certainly give me pause, whereas firing on a child murderer would not. So I guess, subjectively, I don't see the foetus as "alive" in the sense that a baby is alive. And that led me to a sort of compromise. I guess I'm pro-choice/anti-abortion. And I think that's what most pro-choice people are. It's a pretty recent shift for me, as recently as 5 years ago I was pretty strongly pro-life.

And I wonder how the traditional "pro-life" movement can be so short-sighted. Do these people really think shooting doctors, bombing clinics, and passing laws will stop abortion? Sure, you bomb a clinic and you stop the abortions they might have done tomorrow; shoot a doctor and obviously the procedure he had scheduled for Tuesday is off. But these people (generally) don't want to educate teens about safer sex practices. They don't want their tax dollars going to help poor single mothers. They just don't think "big picture" when it comes to abortion. Why not look to improve an environment where women feel their best/only choice is to terminate their pregnancy?

Sorry for the derail.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:49 AM   #37
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
"I'm Pro-Life, and I'm going to kill you."

It's irony on a base level.
the man in your avatar had some great bits on exactly this
Old 06-01-2009, 09:59 AM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life

For the life of me I will never understand the killings of abortion doctors no matter what my opinion is. Isn't it hypocritical, they want him to stop killing babies so lets kill him. Unsensable useless act of violence.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:38 AM   #39
Blue Crack Supplier

sounds like terrorism to me.

and O'Reilly is as culpable as, say, Al-Jazerra.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:42 AM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:33 PM
but people, some people's live are more or less valuable than others. it's like trade charts in the NFL. would you trade Aaron Rodgers for Chris Simms?
Old 06-01-2009, 12:54 PM   #41
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

and O'Reilly is as culpable as, say, Al-Jazerra.
Not at all, then.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:09 PM   #42
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Not at all, then.
Ya, as much as I hate that twat, it would be ignorant to put any blame on him unless he was telling his minions to kill Dr. Tiller.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:21 PM   #43
Refugee

i used to like o'reilly's show, but then i "took the red pill" and started thinking for myself and stopped letting the TV do it for me.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:37 PM   #44
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Not at all, then.

he creates an atmosphere that goads the fringe into violence.

it's quite clear that Janet Napolitano's right wing terrorist watch list is absolutely relevant and necessary. from the Oklahoma City bombing to this act of terrorism to Republican Senators warning about "activist judges" to the fact that there's a black president in a country with no actual gun control and a history of assassinations -- it's quite clear that we have to be concerned about the fanatical right, and as the country continues to progress to the left and as the traditional power structure in this country continues to erode and as old certainty gives way to modern complexity, i think we have more of this to fear.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:01 PM   #45
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
he creates an atmosphere that goads the fringe into violence.
I dont think thats fair. If someone is willing to let a tv personality convince them to commit murder, they're obviously highly disturbed.